How SEGA can start saving Sonic

Let me post my opinion.

2D sonic games were okay, but repetitive. Sonic 1, 2, 3? My thumb is in pain from holding the right button on the d-pad, and occasionally pushing left. Fun.

3D sonic? Joysticks, motion control, awesome graphics. I prefer 3D sonic. Yes, I'm a bad person who deserves to die for not agreeing with your ideas. I'm a sonic fan. The 2d sonic games were fun. The first time. And occasionally, I will get the crave to go through GHZ, but that doesn't mean I'd jizz myself every time someone said they prefer the 3D games. 3D games simply have more replay value. Sonic Adventure? Amazing. Sonic Adventure 2? Even better. Shadow The Hedgehog? Get over it. Sonic Unleashed? You can't tell me you havent played at least one stage in this game less than twice, because you know it was fun.

But then come the people stuck in 1995. They want a complete rehash of Sonic 3. 2D graphics, "fast" running, and thumb numbing. Right.

Special stages? No. Hey kids? Want epilepsy? COME TO THE SPECIAL STAGE! Don't forget your meth!

But seriously. I think the Black Knight was awesome. It contained Sonic running fast + a sword. Secret Rings? Who cares about the storyline? The stages were cool. My point is, some people here base their opinion on what shouldn't count.

Sonic and The Secret Rings. Stages, amazing. Did I even pay attention to the storyline? Nooooo. Sonic Adventure? Didn't even pay attention. Just get me to the action. Sonic Unleashed? The stages were stunning. The graphics, amazing. Even on Wii. Werehog stages I'll admit have their on/off moments. But I think the opinion should count on the gameplay, something that a video game is. If I wanted a storyline, I'd read a book.

child911 said:
I think there's no going back now, SEGA has absolutely DESTROYED sonic, if anything, they should just lay him to rest.

R.I.P. Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic Adventure (Fixed)

Don't get me wrong, I like sonic, but they just keep milking the franchise with crap games. >__<
Sonic was fun if you had a gamecube or a genisis, but all of the other games are sucking. Starting with Heroes. Poor control. Sega's all like "LET'S ADD THREE CHARACTERS AT ONCE TO SCREW PLAYERS AND GIVE THEM EVEN MORE TROUBLE TO DEAL WITH!"

Then they went all GTA with Shadow. Gave Sonic a board and let him float and race. Make a new game where you only make sonic jump and move left and right. OH NOW LET'S MAKE HIM A WEREHOG AND DO WHAT THEY DID IN LEGEND OF ZELDA! NO WAIT! NOW LET'S GIVE HIM A SWORD!

-_-" Fail Sega

KingKombat said:
Let me post my opinion.

2D sonic games were okay, but repetitive. Sonic 1, 2, 3? My thumb is in pain from holding the right button on the d-pad, and occasionally pushing left. Fun.

3D sonic? Joysticks, motion control, awesome graphics. I prefer 3D sonic. Yes, I'm a bad person who deserves to die for not agreeing with your ideas. I'm a sonic fan. The 2d sonic games were fun. The first time. And occasionally, I will get the crave to go through GHZ, but that doesn't mean I'd jizz myself every time someone said they prefer the 3D games. 3D games simply have more replay value. Sonic Adventure? Amazing. Sonic Adventure 2? Even better. Shadow The Hedgehog? Get over it. Sonic Unleashed? You can't tell me you havent played at least one stage in this game less than twice, because you know it was fun.

But then come the people stuck in 1995. They want a complete rehash of Sonic 3. 2D graphics, "fast" running, and thumb numbing. Right.

Special stages? No. Hey kids? Want epilepsy? COME TO THE SPECIAL STAGE! Don't forget your meth!

But seriously. I think the Black Knight was awesome. It contained Sonic running fast + a sword. Secret Rings? Who cares about the storyline? The stages were cool. My point is, some people here base their opinion on what shouldn't count.

Sonic and The Secret Rings. Stages, amazing. Did I even pay attention to the storyline? Nooooo. Sonic Adventure? Didn't even pay attention. Just get me to the action. Sonic Unleashed? The stages were stunning. The graphics, amazing. Even on Wii. Werehog stages I'll admit have their on/off moments. But I think the opinion should count on the gameplay, something that a video game is. If I wanted a storyline, I'd read a book.
Thank you.

TheSilverSkeeter said:
KingKombat said:
I liked Sonic Heroes.
You're the only one...

Except maybe for Tyeforce...
I lot of people liked Sonic Heroes. Not everyone thinks like you, you know. There are a lot of people who love the new Sonic, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Tyeforce said:
TheSilverSkeeter said:
KingKombat said:
I liked Sonic Heroes.
You're the only one...

I lot of people liked Sonic Heroes. Not everyone thinks like you, you know. There are a lot of people who love the new Sonic, and there's nothing wrong with that.
I liked sonic heroes. team blast was cool. I just hated the last boss cuz it was so random. >_>

Tyeforce said:
TheSilverSkeeter said:
KingKombat said:
I liked Sonic Heroes.
You're the only one...

Point proven

Oh, 3 people, my bad

TheSilverSkeeter said:
Tyeforce said:
TheSilverSkeeter said:
KingKombat said:
I liked Sonic Heroes.
You're the only one...

Point proven
?

Actually, i'd like old characters like Tails Doll to come back instead of them adding useless ones like Silver, and I liked Sonic Heroes too, but the only interesting teams are Team Sonic and Team Dark.

KingKombat said:
I agree with that Team Rose and Chaotix weren't necessary.
Team Chaotix, Big, and Omega were just filler characters. If they wanted to bring Team Chaotix back, they should've given them their own new game, Big is the only character from the Sonic Adventure era that was just uneeded, and I guess Omega isn't that bad, but I would've preferred Gamma to return instead.
And Amy and Cream are nice characters I guess, but they just don't seem all that interesting.
This is what it should've been.
Team Sonic
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles
Team Dark
Shadow, Rouge, Gamma (Or Chaos)
Team Robotnik
Metal Sonic, Mecha Knuckles, Tails Doll
Gamma could've even worked on Team Rose since he had a obvious bond with Amy in SA.

No Tye. He's right. Let's stop fighting.

We like 3D sonic, and so, we should jump in a hole and die. We should sacrifice our own lives in hopes SEGA will take it as a message to make flat, repetitive, 2D Sonikku.

Actually, Skeeter. Would you mind crucifying us for our beliefs? Because god knows we SOOO deserve it for loving 3D Sonic.

Back