• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How soon will you invite/visit other towns?

I don't see the "so people can see how your town changes over time" point..

I guess I plan on taking heaps of pictures so i dont care that much, but still

Say your friend comes to your town before you've done anything other than placing your house. You both hang out and do stuff for a while, they leave and say a week later they want to come over again. At that point, you've probably made lots of changes to your town. To them, it would be like coming to a whole new town all together.

You're going to allow people in Day 1. I can see it. You just cannot resist.

don't tempt me!! :eek:

but I will definitely try and visit other people's towns right away. but i really don't think ill let anyone come in mine until i'm ready. at least not the first day.

honestly im not as big on people visiting me (i had too many people want to visit me in cf than me visit them and got tired of it lol)
but i wont mind visiting people XD
though for people visiting ill probly wait til my village is at least a little customized XD

I'll have my town open for invites the day I get the game. So any of my 3DS buddies are welcome.

I'm still interested in how it works though. I have a feeling you just go to the train station and talk to Porter, tell him you want to invite friends.

Am I the only one who noticed four lockers in the museum, AND the train station? I think they hold stuff for visitors...

Anyway, we should have a party the weekend it comes out. :3 Like, the following Saturday!

It'll be interesting to see if you can leave your town open for access without having to go to Porter considering the 3DS is being pushed as "always online". Anyone connected to Nintendo Network can pop in to your town freely. Unless you make a request to only allow when "you" want instead of having your town accepting visitors as soon as you're playing the game. I certainly wouldn't mind that.

Sadly, i only have one other friend that is going to buy animal crossing 3ds, but we will probably Wifi a lot! :D

Not too quickly, after my interior and general design of character (including the outfit) are sorted in a way I would be pleased with for the time, I would allow people in. I would prefer to have at least the second installment of Timmy and Tommy's store (since it seems to develop in the same way as before) to offer the visitor a bit more.

I'd go to someone's as soon as they wish me to, however, I'd find it unfair if I barr them from my town, and I'd instantly go to theirs, so probably not on the first day.

If its harder to get foreign fruits then I will do it fairly early, but if not, maybe after a month or so after I have established my dominance in the museum and made my town look purdy.

Yeah, I'll probably do it as soon as possible and very often too. The mini-games were a great, fun idea and I'm glad they added them.

It'll be interesting to see if you can leave your town open for access without having to go to Porter considering the 3DS is being pushed as "always online". Anyone connected to Nintendo Network can pop in to your town freely. Unless you make a request to only allow when "you" want instead of having your town accepting visitors as soon as you're playing the game. I certainly wouldn't mind that.

I don't really like this.
I'd rather choose to open my town up instead of choosing when to close it, because then everytime I load the game, I'd have to hurry to the train station and say don't allow visitors.

Back