How to increase odds of getting Raymond (or anyone!)

Rosie Moon

~Living in my own world~
Bells
Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Cake
So I’m not sure how widely known this is, but I haven’t seen anyone else talking about it so I figured I’d share.
Also, this doesn’t just apply to Raymond! I just know he’s the most popular, and this is how I got him. :)

(Bear in mind I was TTing for this, although you don’t have to! It just makes it quicker lol.)

So it seems that if you don’t have any of a certain personality type, villagers of that personality type are much more likely to randomly appear in your campsite. I had no cranky villagers at one point, and I got nearly all cranky villagers in my campsite for ages. So I swapped out some villagers, making sure I had every personality type except smug (Raymond’s personality). He was the third random visitor to my campsite, after two other smug villagers.

I hope this helps some peeps!

EDIT: To clarify, this does NOT increase odds when island hopping. Only random visitors in the campsite.

Last edited:
How often did you get visitors in your campsite? I've been wondering when the random ones would show up. So far, I haven't had any. All my visitors have been amiibos after I checked the campsite.

How often did you get visitors in your campsite? I've been wondering when the random ones would show up. So far, I haven't had any. All my visitors have been amiibos after I checked the campsite.

Same. I have only ever had one random villager, and it was a snooty while I currently had two. :( This seems like a really good idea, but is there any way to get more visitors in the campsite?

I do TT and have done it quite a bit - only ever one visitor besides the forced one.

I think it’s pretty random, once I got two in a week, another time I didn’t get a visitor for 3 weeks :’)

Thanks for sharing! I should get my first camper tomorrow and i am hoping it is gonna be him, but in case i get someone else i might try this in the future.

oh wow ty for this!!
also, how far do you tt into the future? is there any point where you would go back to current day?
i kind of need help LOL

oh wow ty for this!!
also, how far do you tt into the future? is there any point where you would go back to current day?
i kind of need help LOL

It varied, sometimes I went a day at a time, sometimes a few weeks. Normally I’m a non-TTer, so I’m not very experienced in any possible methods of TTing! I only TT’d to get Raymond, he was the only thing I was willing to TT for 😂

Reactions: 1ce
Does this work when island hopping?

I noticed when searching for Audie I got quite a few snooty villagers and I haven't had a snooty yet in my island.

I have no smug or lazy villagers and I'm not seeing Raymond or sherb during island hopping (yet!). :(

Does this work when island hopping?

I noticed when searching for Audie I got quite a few snooty villagers and I haven't had a snooty yet in my island.
I have no smug or lazy villagers and I'm not seeing Raymond or sherb during island hopping (yet!). :(
I believe island villagers are always random regardless. I did some island hopping during this time, about 60 NMT worth, and never noticed any kind of pattern. So no, it doesn’t work with island hopping, only the campsite. :)

It varied, sometimes I went a day at a time, sometimes a few weeks. Normally I’m a non-TTer, so I’m not very experienced in any possible methods of TTing! I only TT’d to get Raymond, he was the only thing I was willing to TT for 😂
how badly does tt impact the island?

how badly does tt impact the island?

As long as you’ve completed the ‘story’ (KK has performed for the first time and you’ve unlocked terraforming), it doesn’t have much of an impact at all, at least not that I noticed :)

thanks for sharing! i have no peppies rn so i’ll definitely be on the hunt for audie when i have room again

Back