• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

How to use in-game paths for rural themes in a way that looks good/aesthetically pleasing?

satine

is it better to speak or to die?
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Wallopoid
Matryoshka Doll
Red Tulip
hello!

for a big handful of reasons I really prefer not to use custom/QR code paths for my island. It looks gorgeous on other people's! but I just prefer not to on mine. however I still want to use paths, and I still want it to look pretty. I have two "sections" of my island, one being more town-ish and one being rural. the town section where the cobblestone is isn't a problem. but with the rural area, I can't figure out how to put dirt pathing down to make it not look awkward and either too much or too narrow. if anyone else has succeeded in this, could you please share screenshots of what you did? or let me know any techniques you know of/have used in the past! :) thank you in advance.

Not exactly about paths but a tangentially related tip is to place random patches of weed and "natural" materials like tree branches or stones on your path to make it seem "full" without actually consuming any space so you can still walk freely! The more weeds your place, the more rural it looks 😆

Dirt/dark dirt + plank path, tbh. Mix in a few stone path in and you're good to go.

edit: oops misread thought you meant the dirt path everyone uses ! sorry OP

Could you maybe post some screenshots of areas in particular you'd like help on? I'm a visual creature and it'd help if I could see an example.

I understand the OP wanted to work with the dirt path, but might I suggest using the stone path as pavers? Just alternate every other tile between grass and stone, and it has a great paver effect for natural garden areas (or you could alternate between stone and cobblestone if you want the pavers even closer).

I actually used the dirt path in game in circles with spaces between them. I also turned some of those circles into hearts in some areas!

I used light and dark dirt paths for my villager neighborhood. Also added some hearts.

6C395990-D2FB-4103-B540-BB44162EB90A.jpeg

Back