• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How will you become Mayor?

Your 1st character is the mayor, your others most likely the mayor's aid or council. That is most likely how it will happen. It seems that when you start the game, you might get an interesting story and/or tutorial on how to be mayor.

In the newest trailer Shizu says "Mayor! We'e been waiting.", and she's with some other animals. It seems like the town was already expecting us.

As for the humans in one town, I've been thinking one is the mayor and the rest are just normal residents. It's not like you can have 4 mayors. And if they were secretaries/helpers, 1. We already have Shizu and 2. How would we control them? Unless they add this as a new feature (which I highly doubt), you can't control 2 people at once. So how can they help? The mayor would be sleeping in the attic, and the other human could only do limited work. Maybe if they do something and the mayor has to approve of it, but still.

In the newest trailer Shizu says "Mayor! We'e been waiting.", and she's with some other animals. It seems like the town was already expecting us.

As for the humans in one town, I've been thinking one is the mayor and the rest are just normal residents. It's not like you can have 4 mayors. And if they were secretaries/helpers, 1. We already have Shizu and 2. How would we control them? Unless they add this as a new feature (which I highly doubt), you can't control 2 people at once. So how can they help? The mayor would be sleeping in the attic, and the other human could only do limited work. Maybe if they do something and the mayor has to approve of it, but still.

I would like the other humans to be normal villagers but I do like the idea of other human characters submitting things for the mayor to approve of (or them submitting complaints), after all, I hear the animal villagers are going to do the same.

I bet the other people can buy the town decorations, and every town decoration is placed in storage until the mayor decides where it goes.

I would like the other humans to be normal villagers but I do like the idea of other human characters submitting things for the mayor to approve of (or them submitting complaints), after all, I hear the animal villagers are going to do the same.

Thx :) Yes it makes most sense to me.

I bet the other people can buy the town decorations, and every town decoration is placed in storage until the mayor decides where it goes.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking :-D The other humans kind of have a job, but without overpowering the mayor.

Can Nintendo make their games save to the SD Card? Cause if they can they could have one town per SD card.....

Well, I don't think that the gamechip, as powerful as it is, would be able to hold the data of more than one town. Also, what exactly do you mean by died?
died = stopped playing

Personally, I just don't see multiple players being on this game. I think you will be able to play via local play or internet, but I am thinking it will be one player, one town. It will be too confusing with the mayor thing to have multiple players like that.
I think that too, but it would be weird for them to suddenly change that, though with one character, one town, that leaves more space open for other features.
pretty much what Penguin said, I want it to happen, but i doubt it will

Can Nintendo make their games save to the SD Card? Cause if they can they could have one town per SD card.....
They said a while ago newer titles would be able to be digitally downloaded off the eShop and saved onto an SD card, AC3DS is meant to be one of these titles.

Bidoof said:
They said a while ago newer titles would be able to be digitally downloaded off the eShop and saved onto an SD card, AC3DS is meant to be one of these titles.

Would explain why it could have been delayed further. Making the game digital would take a lot more time than polishing it.

died = stopped playing
Would explain why it could have been delayed further. Making the game digital would take a lot more time than polishing it.

That's what I thought, but how did he stop playing?

And yes, that is most likely why. But if they had planned for this awhile back..... No, they probably would have announced something of that magnitude.

because it was me and i had my female character, which had much more money and i enjoyed playing with more.
I lost interest to play with my main character because there was no need to go on.
Which is why if AC3DS has multiple players, I would make my male character be mayor :)

because it was me and i had my female character, which had much more money and i enjoyed playing with more.
I lost interest to play with my main character because there was no need to go on.
Which is why if AC3DS has multiple players, I would make my male character be mayor :)

Yeah I too liked making more characters especially for storage purposes, but in WW I only needed one since we shared a house. Also, Nintendo did mention something about making AC3DS available to be bought at the eshop saying it would take longer, but honestly, I would rather have them release the game on the disc(or whatever it's called) and then add it to the eshop later.

How you become mayor will probably be as soon as you get there your given the position. But, I honestly would like some depth to it. Like earning people's votes, or helping make the town's environment better

How you become mayor will probably be as soon as you get there your given the position. But, I honestly would like some depth to it. Like earning people's votes, or helping make the town's environment better

earning people's votes will be too political. Not to mention some people aren't to pleased about being the mayor, so they really don't want extra work to become it, besides you automatically become mayor so it's not really a challenge since you will win the election or whatever anyway, so it's not needed. Making the town environment better is just something you do during gameplay and shouldn't be made into a mandatory task.

.... True. It's just my opinion of something I want. I would like to work for it.

Yeah, i bought up the having to work for the position like doing chores for nook in the old games. except chores for tortimer.
He'll just make you do some chores, then after he's like "oh btw u r mayor nao, enjoy"
or something like that, i just dont want to turn up and be mayor

You ride into town on the train, then you talk to Rover and all that. Then when you get into town Tortimer comes to you and says, "YOU ARE THE NEW MAYOR. YOU WILL BE MAYOR WHETHER YOU LIKE OR DON'T LIKE IT." Then you will have three choices to answer that.

Any of these three choices

-Okay

-WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? YOU CRAZY TURTLE?

-No.

If you say yes. You are automatically made mayor
If you choose the second one. Tortimer explains it to you and you become mayor.
If you say no. Tortimer will yell at you and make you become mayor.

Atleast, that's how I think it should happen. :)

Yeah, i bought up the having to work for the position like doing chores for nook in the old games. except chores for tortimer.
He'll just make you do some chores, then after he's like "oh btw u r mayor nao, enjoy"

this all the way.

You ride into town on the train, then you talk to Rover and all that. Then when you get into town Tortimer comes to you and says, "YOU ARE THE NEW MAYOR. YOU WILL BE MAYOR WHETHER YOU LIKE OR DON'T LIKE IT." Then you will have three choices to answer that.

Any of these three choices

-Okay

-WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? YOU CRAZY TURTLE?

-No.

If you say yes. You are automatically made mayor
If you choose the second one. Tortimer explains it to you and you become mayor.
If you say no. Tortimer will yell at you and make you become mayor.

Atleast, that's how I think it should happen. :)

ha ha. a bit dry.

Most likely, the chores will be done after you become mayor to show you what you are now capable of, but I bet the secretary teaches you and possibly introduces you to tortimer along the way.

Most likely, the chores will be done after you become mayor to show you what you are now capable of, but I bet the secretary teaches you and possibly introduces you to tortimer along the way.

what do you mean chores after you become mayor? Then what's the point of that? All the previous versions had you do chores first before you could actually settle into the game. Tortimer would be stupid giving the position of mayor to the player instantly without having the player know the basic mechanics to the game (and I'm talking about new and old players here). Sorry but I don't think it works that way.

what do you mean chores after you become mayor? Then what's the point of that? All the previous versions had you do chores first before you could actually settle into the game. Tortimer would be stupid giving the position of mayor to the player instantly without having the player know the basic mechanics to the game (and I'm talking about new and old players here). Sorry but I don't think it works that way.
All previous version you're not the mayor either.
This game has so many new features we've never had, Nintendo is really upping their game, so just chillax and take a breather.
I do think the chores will be before you become mayor, but still, we dont know.

Back