• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How will you become Mayor?

I don't see why they cant just have so many mayors for however many players are in the town. Sure, it seems unrealistic and a little bit silly, but imo its a way better alternative to cutting players out from one of the primary new features of the game.

More than one town per gamecard just doesn't seem like a possibility to me.

I completely agree. I mean, it's a lot funnier with more mayors! And I think a lot of people want to live in the same town as their family or friends! It would be completely unfair if only 1 player was the mayor!

I completely agree. I mean, it's a lot funnier with more mayors! And I think a lot of people want to live in the same town as their family or friends! It would be completely unfair if only 1 player was the mayor!

Yeah, but it will get too hectic with everyone being mayor.

Yeah, but it will get too hectic with everyone being mayor.

Yeah, I can see what you mean for features like setting dates for events (if we can) or placing buildings and such.

Im sure they will work something out, or just anticipate that people will talk to each other about where they want to put the bigger buildings before placing them, and then just give free reign to everyone regarding where they want to put town furniture.

Yeah, I can see what you mean for features like setting dates for events (if we can) or placing buildings and such.

Im sure they will work something out, or just anticipate that people will talk to each other about where they want to put the bigger buildings before placing them, and then just give free reign to everyone regarding where they want to put town furniture.

it could become a democracy when a second character is made, where when a building is needed to be placed, all the humans go ahead and pick a spot around town they'd like it, and then there is a vote for all resident(including animals) and it is decided where it is placed, sort of how the additional bridge being placed worked in ACCF.

It's not sharing exactly, its just someone going on the first players character to take care of the town. I highly doubt that they would make a "one character, one game" type animal crossing, that would be ridiculous in my opinion.

However I strongly believe that the "first player" should be the one who takes care of mayoral duties. If the other players don't like something about the town, they can get "first player" to change by asking them to do it OR get on that character to do it themselves. It wouldn't be that hard. I understand that some people may want all characters to have duties so maybe Nintendo would have the option for the mayor to resign and let another player become mayor or the mayor could give other players abilities to change the landscape.

Heck, maybe landscaping isn't really a mayor duty (but placing buildings is), which is plausible but I wouldn't like it much.
yes i agree with this

I wouldn't like it if all the humans had the mayor powers. I don't have anyone else that'd want to play my game, but I do like making multiple characters. But I feel that being the mayor should be a one person job for a single town.
I agree.
No one but me will be playing my game, and on CF I found my main character died after a while (which was a boy, and i've always liked females better, more stylish) and then I played with my girl character. With this version, if my main character would be mayor, which would be my boy, then I could make my girl, too - who wouldn't be mayor. And both would get played equally.
It's a win-win IMO

Maybe the other characters are secretaries...
We have Shizu :)

Well it doesn't really matter if you think they shouldn't or not, they won't listen to one fan for a major decision for the game.
I still doubt the multiple towns in one game thing.
Nintendo wants to make money. They're going to do it with each game having the one town

I don't see why they cant just have so many mayors for however many players are in the town. Sure, it seems unrealistic and a little bit silly, but imo its a way better alternative to cutting players out from one of the primary new features of the game.

More than one town per gamecard just doesn't seem like a possibility to me.
Pretty much my reply to Gallow's post.
But adding to this too. Yes I do think it is possible to happen, i just dont want it to

it could become a democracy when a second character is made, where when a building is needed to be placed, all the humans go ahead and pick a spot around town they'd like it, and then there is a vote for all resident(including animals) and it is decided where it is placed, sort of how the additional bridge being placed worked in ACCF.
Not really a fan of this idea;
The person who bought the game (presuming they're the mayor) would want to place buildings where they want them to go, having other players (especially animals) would just ruin it for me.
Like I dont see why the animals would vote for where a building goes. /opinion

But adding to this too. Yes I do think it is possible to happen, i just don't want it to.
and on CF I found my main character died after a while

Well, I don't think that the gamechip, as powerful as it is, would be able to hold the data of more than one town. Also, what exactly do you mean by died?

Maybe they'll take care of the mayor duties like they did in City Folk. Some people vote, and whoever doesn't doesn't count? Like the bridge?

Maybe they'll take care of the mayor duties like they did in City Folk. Some people vote, and whoever doesn't doesn't count? Like the bridge?

I brought this up, and I agree to it, if you REALLY want to decide where EVERYTHING goes, just force everyone to vote where you want it.

Personally, I just don't see multiple players being on this game. I think you will be able to play via local play or internet, but I am thinking it will be one player, one town. It will be too confusing with the mayor thing to have multiple players like that.

Personally, I just don't see multiple players being on this game. I think you will be able to play via local play or internet, but I am thinking it will be one player, one town. It will be too confusing with the mayor thing to have multiple players like that.

I think that too, but it would be weird for them to suddenly change that, though with one character, one town, that leaves more space open for other features.

Back