• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How will you become Mayor?

All previous version you're not the mayor either.
This game has so many new features we've never had, Nintendo is really upping their game, so just chillax and take a breather.
I do think the chores will be before you become mayor, but still, we dont know.

umm I never said anything about being the mayor in previous versions. All previous versions had you do chores before you could actually play the game. Would seem stupid to have you become the mayor without understanding the mechanics of the game. I mean would you appoint a stranger as mayor without knowing their capabilities in running a town? No I wouldn't think so. I don't mind chores after or before but it just makes more sense as the latter.

I don't think there will be chores. I think Shizu will teach you how to do things, much like Nook did in the previous versions through his "chores." I am actually basing my opinion on the latest trailer. In it, it appears that a selection of villagers and Shizu meet you off the train and talk to you as if you are the mayor. I think there may be some sort of backstory on your ride in on the tram, probably with Rover talking to you, setting your facial features and telling you a bit of history.

umm I never said anything about being the mayor in previous versions. All previous versions had you do chores before you could actually play the game. Would seem stupid to have you become the mayor without understanding the mechanics of the game. I mean would you appoint a stranger as mayor without knowing their capabilities in running a town? No I wouldn't think so. I don't mind chores after or before but it just makes more sense as the latter.
You're not seeing my point so i'm just gonna leave it.

I don't think there will be chores. I think Shizu will teach you how to do things, much like Nook did in the previous versions through his "chores." I am actually basing my opinion on the latest trailer. In it, it appears that a selection of villagers and Shizu meet you off the train and talk to you as if you are the mayor. I think there may be some sort of backstory on your ride in on the tram, probably with Rover talking to you, setting your facial features and telling you a bit of history.
Yeah, i'm on #TeamNoChores too.
Idk though, I want them, but i dont. its confusing

Oh I like this idea. But it's just chores is something that has been in every game. It would be like taking a tiny piece of the game away by removing the idea of chores. Not to mention that chores has been the staple way of introducing the player to the gameplay. Oh wells... maybe it's just the nostalgia of working for tom nook in the previous versions..

You're not seeing my point so i'm just gonna leave it.

Yeah, i'm on #TeamNoChores too.
Idk though, I want them, but i dont. its confusing

Okay tbh I'm not really seeing YOUR point. Your previous comment was like "I just don't want to turn up and become mayor". Well wouldn't doing chores beforehand fix that situation? And didn't you say that the game would have many "new features"? Then wouldn't chores help old/new players to become accustomed to the new game mechanics?

what do you mean chores after you become mayor? Then what's the point of that? All the previous versions had you do chores first before you could actually settle into the game. Tortimer would be stupid giving the position of mayor to the player instantly without having the player know the basic mechanics to the game (and I'm talking about new and old players here). Sorry but I don't think it works that way.

They announce you as mayor, then teach you the basics, you have the title of mayor, but not the freewill until the chores are done.

I would love chores, and I can see it happening but I also want it more simple, like Shizu or Tormiter teaching us the basics.

Back