• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How will you become Mayor?

It's been said before, but I think you can be the Mayor from the beginning since there was a small crowd, including the secretary. And they elected you Mayor on the spot. Probably that would work with only the first person.

I hope each person gets their own town.

I really dont think each person should get their own town;
it'd take up space on the game, which could be used for other things

I've just been thinking...most of the "multiplayer" games that have been released lately have been through local play. I think this means that there will be only one player/one town per game, and the multiplayer-ness of it will be through online and local play in other's towns.

I've just been thinking...most of the "multiplayer" games that have been released lately have been through local play. I think this means that there will be only one player/one town per game, and the multiplayer-ness of it will be through online and local play in other's towns.
this is what i have been trying to get across for a few weeks now.
happy someone is starting to understand

Start out normal, have an election where villagers will vote for you if you're nice and do things for them. Of course, Nintendo won't actually do anything that makes sense like that. You'll likely become mayor the moment you fire up the game.

I think you start of being the mayor as soon as you arrive by the looks of the new trailer.

I hope they don't make it so you can have several different towns on the one game. I think there will only be one mayor who will be the first player you make. Perhaps there will be a way to switch the duty of mayor from one player to a different one in case you wanted to switch main players.

I really can't see only the first person to play being mayor. That would be completely unfair to the other people. If anything, everyone will be mayor of the same town.

What?
in most cases, the first person to play the game is the owner, seems fair to me.

4 mayors in one town, seems unrealistic.

I really can't see only the first person to play being mayor. That would be completely unfair to the other people. If anything, everyone will be mayor of the same town.

I couldn't see 4 mayors. Like Bidoof said, its unrealistic. And how is it unfair to the other people? If I bought the animal crossing game I would like to be mayor so I could design my town layout, sure I'd like to share the game with my little cousin but would I like him ruining the layout I made? No, it would be a constant struggle between the mayors over the layout (if we all want to do mayor duties). I bought the game and I'm first player so it should be my right to be the only mayor. I'm not trying to sound mean but I just don't think 4 mayors would be a good idea.

My sisters and my dad play AC too, and I would feel kinda bad if I'm the only one who has mayor perks and they don't.

My sisters and my dad play AC too, and I would feel kinda bad if I'm the only one who has mayor perks and they don't.

If they don't like something about the town, they could always go on your character or let you know so you, as the mayor, can take care of it. Not everyone would argue about town layout, but it wouldn't work for most people if everyone were mayor. I know it wouldn't work for my family lol Perhaps there will be an option in which you can choose who can have mayor duties in your town?

If they don't like something about the town, they could always go on your character or let you know so you, as the mayor, can take care of it. Not everyone would argue about town layout, but it wouldn't work for most people if everyone were mayor. I know it wouldn't work for my family lol Perhaps there will be an option in which you can choose who can have mayor duties in your town?
i like this post.
i mean, i dont think it would work for all families, but nintendo will do their best

This.

But it's not really a game meant for everyone to share a character.

But it's not really a game meant for everyone to share a character.

It's not sharing exactly, its just someone going on the first players character to take care of the town. I highly doubt that they would make a "one character, one game" type animal crossing, that would be ridiculous in my opinion.

However I strongly believe that the "first player" should be the one who takes care of mayoral duties. If the other players don't like something about the town, they can get "first player" to change by asking them to do it OR get on that character to do it themselves. It wouldn't be that hard. I understand that some people may want all characters to have duties so maybe Nintendo would have the option for the mayor to resign and let another player become mayor or the mayor could give other players abilities to change the landscape.

Heck, maybe landscaping isn't really a mayor duty (but placing buildings is), which is plausible but I wouldn't like it much.

I wouldn't like it if all the humans had the mayor powers. I don't have anyone else that'd want to play my game, but I do like making multiple characters. But I feel that being the mayor should be a one person job for a single town.

Back