• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

How You Guys Do It?

MadisonCrossing

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Winter Mittens
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
Cake
Okay. I am feeling sort of upset yet mystified right now because I...am literally broke on Animal Crossing. I spent a ton of Bells on my mortgage and although I have more space, I really need some Bells!
Does anyone have any tips on how to earn lots of Bells? People have, like, millions and millions and I can't get to 100,000 without a lot of bug hunting. XD I want dream villagers but I don't know how I'll be able to earn them if I'm broke! :( And to note, I don't really want to change my ordinance, because 1. That's just spending more Bells and 2. I want to keep my ordinance at Beautiful anyway.
Thank you so much! I'm trying to put lots of my Bells in the ABD to hopefully use them later. I really appreciate all of the help! Thank you! c:

*And I have watched a few of LinandKo's videos for tips, and I'm thinking about watching some more in case. If there are any video recommendations I would really appreciate it if you could link them to me below!* :)

Last edited:
I think fossils take in a good amount! Just look around town for every single dig spot you can possibly find. Also, games are pretty good!

Fossils, beetle hunting, fishing. I seem to get lucky with fishing, I have no problems catching a lot of sharks and dorados.

Good luck! :)

I think fossils take in a good amount! Just look around town for every single dig spot you can possibly find. Also, games are pretty good!

What do you mean by games? Fossils are a help for sure; usually if I can't find them all I just leave it, but I think now I'll start searching more. :)

Sell junk on TBT.

Turnips.

Gyroids and fossils go for a lot.

If you're ever in need of items/bells(emergencies only) pm me, and I'll help you^-^

Fossils, beetle hunting, fishing. I seem to get lucky with fishing, I have no problems catching a lot of sharks and dorados.

Good luck! :)

Fishing in the town, you mean? I tried going to the island but honestly, it's a little harder for me to find large fish most of the time.
I'm guessing it would be better to do this at night, right? (I just rhymed, haha...)

Sell junk on TBT.

Turnips.

Gyroids and fossils go for a lot.

If you're ever in need of items/bells(emergencies only) pm me, and I'll help you^-^

I like how you said "junk!" XD
I have some silver slingshots I could sell, but I don't know if anyone would want those. And maybe I should try gyroids! Unfortunately I just sold the ones I had today this morning. :( Oh well.
Thanks! I'll see what kind of things I have that I could sell. :)

Oh whoops, I meant gems! Stupid autocorrect.

Oh, haha! That's a good one too. :) A few of them go for a lot!

Beetle hunting c:, I just made about 125k from it

Yeah, usually I get impatient when they don't spawn quickly but I think I'll have to train myself! XD I don't normally fill up my basket all the way but I'm sure it would help tons if I did. :) Thanks!

Thank you guys a ton for answering so fast! I'll definitely try all of these out!^^ You guys are awesome!

Last edited:
Go to your island @ about 7pm, fill your box only with palm beetles and sharks. Go back home and sell. Repeat until Re-tail closes. Also, if you don't mind landscaping your island, chop down every tree but palms, and dig up every flower. That way you get mostly beetles. Just chase off everything else.

Last edited:
I supplement my income by trading here. Whenever you get an unwanted Saharah exclusive, sell it! They can go for anywhere from 250k up to a mil for in-demand ones like the Lunar Horizon or Sci-Fi wall/floor.

My primary source of income is still beetle-hunting though- I prefer to earn the majority of my money through gameplay, not trading. Usually I can make about 700 to 800k a night (two runs to the island with a full basket each time) if I am feeling up to it. There's also the stalk market, but I don't often bother with it.

In-town methods:
-Fishing (this is slightly less profitable on the mainland since sharks are gone now I believe)
-Money Rock (If you have the silver shovel, this also occasionally becomes a gem rock)
-Gems
-Turnips (to maximize possibility to get a big spike try to network. on tumblr, the turnipspike tag is a good place to look)
-Fossils (donate the ones you don't have in the museum first though!)

Island methods:
-Beetle hunting
-Shark hunting

Just do loops around the island for the beetles after dark. Personally I do a line down the center (running to scare any smaller value bugs away), and then turn left or right and loop around the palm trees, switching between the two each time I get to the bottom. Scare away fish that are smaller/not sharks by either running by them, hitting the net against the water, or going to dive into the water. If you feel like you're getting some bad spawns, walk into the hut and back out.

Last edited:
My main income is beetling as well -- I do pretty much what Ritsubel does. I left a couple of regular fruit trees on my island because I have good Rainbow stag luck and they're worth more than almost all the palm beetles. I usually do one trip, and I get an average of 300k, sometimes less if I'm in a rush and willing to take a bunch of emperor butterflies. I can do 150-200k in less than 20 minutes.

I have not played the stalk market, but I'm seriously thinking of giving it a go soon.

I have the same problem. I made 700k when I first made TBT by selling 3 gold nuggets in an auction so I recommend selling some stuff and look out for the buying threads because people can pay big when they want those items :3

Beetle hunting should get you 350-400K in 30-45 minutes. Once you've got a fair amount of bells in your ABD I suggest joining the stalk market. I easily make 4-5 million each week after having bought turnips for only one million. I've already fully paid off my house and can put my money towards things I really want.

Another quick and easy way to make money is to have lots of perfect fruit trees (I think I've got over 50 in my town) and selling the perfect fruit in another town. I make at least 1 million bells a week from this.

Step 1: Catch 400k worth of beetles.
Step 2: Buy turnips around 100 per turnip.
Step 3: Check the forum obsessively for good turnip prices.
Step 4: Convince someone to let you sell turnips.
Step 5: ???
PROFIT.

That way you earn 1 million bells a week.

I do villager cycling sometimes. Then I can sell them for a profit. Beetles and Stalk Market as well.

I used to beetle hunt on the island from around 6pm and on average I would earn 340k per trip :)
Then in the day I would shark hunt which could get me a bit depending how much time I invested.

These days though I do Turnip Market, I try sell at prices around 400+ which gives me a good profit, once I earned 6mil on turnips alone!! :)

I mainly use turnips. Normally I gain about ten million give or take per week.

Hm...I usually make my Bells off of my island, get all of my dailies (from trees and rocks), and catch just about anything that's worth selling. I may eventually try using turnips, but I'm never up early enough. :/ Unless the time Joan comes has changed?

Back