How's the fair treating you so far?

It’s not like the forum is full of superficial people who only care about dust or collectibles though. I’m sure the vast majority would enjoy a nice conversation sparked by dusting if the occasion arose.
There are honestly far worse communities than TBT’s and I’d go as far as to say that TBT is one of the kindest and most respectful communities out there.
The dusting event create engagement, it may seem superficial but I always see it as connection still. When I dust someone’s profile I do it to make them happy, and as for faking interest I think that’s not even the point.
People using this forum are not entitled to show interest in anyone for any reason and even if these events create traffic and interactions, I’d say it’s more beneficial than detrimental. There are threads for venting or talking about yourself which some people peruse daily to show support to the community.
Putting your emotions on the line when people are just trying to have a good time interacting with each other is a bit too much. It was never that serious and I’m afraid it never will be.
This is an Animal Crossing forum where we’re celebrating a huge event party. This is uncalled for.

Staff has been going through a lot of pressure hosting this fair and while it probably isn’t going as planned, it’s definitely unfair (lol) to treat them like that.
They are doing this for us free of charge, with IRL prizes, spending countless amounts of time crafting, hosting, accepting, grading events for us.
So many new events which allowed to show both staff’s and the users’ creativity were introduced to this fair, and celebrating such a huge birthday, I don’t know if we should be so judgmental.
I’m sure staff appreciates criticism but this is rough to read.

As someone whose activity doesn't reach beyond the events for the most part, I can definitely understand how some interactions— such as the dusting events, can come across as superficial. I'm mainly invested in collectibles (whether that's from events, buying/trading, etc.), and it's pretty rare for me to make posts outside of the marketplace. I don't think it's any secret that there are other people who are the same as me, so I can totally understand how members who don't participate can get confused, or possibly get the wrong idea.

At the same time though, I'd hope that none of these people take it personally. Dusting events in particular encourage people to post more on the forums, and usually in places that they wouldn't normally (hence the burst of activity that tends to happen), and it's only natural for people to want the currency. 😅 I think it's important for all of us to understand each other to some extent— whether you post on the forums because you like being here and having conversations with other people, if you're someone who mainly comes back for events, you simply like collecting collectibles, or whatever the case may be. We all have the right to be here, and it's okay to value different aspects of the forum. I honestly think that's part of the beauty of TBT— there are so many different parts of the site to interact with, and there's no pressure to be active in every section or group. :>

Interacting with someone with ulterior motives, such as trying to get their currency/collectibles is a different story of course, and that's something that I will agree is unacceptable, period. But I just wanted to voice my thoughts on events that encourage members to post, as I'm certain a majority of people participating have no ill-intentions, and I think these two subjects are pretty different.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I would encourage criticism to be voiced in a constructive manner so that no one feels attacked or hurt.

Hi all! I appreciate that many of you are discussing this in a calm and respectful manner. However, I think it would be a good idea to step away from this line of conversation before it escalates. I understand that there are bound to be hurt feelings on both sides and we would like to prevent it from going any further.

I will say that I feel both points of view are valid, although one could have been worded in a way that was less aggressive and derogatory to other members. I was not into events or collectibles when I first joined. That clearly changed, but I can still understand how some members may have little to no interest in those kinds of things. And I acknowledge that our events do affect members who are not participating.

With that said, there are many reasons why members choose to join and stick around. One reason is not inherently better than another and as staff we try our best to make everyone happy. We want all types of members interacting with the forum in ways that appeal to them. Events and collectibles are one of those ways, especially when things are slow in between games.

I want to conclude by saying that we are always open to feedback, but we would ask that it be presented in a respectful manner. If anybody has a complaint about the way things are handled on the forum, please submit a Contact the Staff thread and we'd be more than happy to discuss it with you.

I have had so much fun with the fair. It was a bit overwhelming with the size of it. Thanks so much to the amazing staff for their time , dedication and talent. I wasn’t active on this site until around New Horizons was coming out. At first I didn’t participate in the events mostly because of anxiety but so glad I have been more active for them. I have had so many great conversations with people. I think my favorite event was the one I feared most. The canvass crossing. It ended up being so much fun thanks to the encouragement and helpful advice from so many. I changed my mind so many times about what collectibles to get but so happy with the ones I got. Thanks again for another fun event.

Last edited:
I just realized I haven't posted yet here, lol.

Anyway, just wanted to say I really did enjoy the Fair, even if the events in the second half weren't all to my liking. I do believe the Fair had something for everyone with the plethora of events available though. I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone would rate the entire thing any lower than a 5/10 at worst.

I just wish I had more time to have participated in some of the events, but it is what it is. I haven't even had the time to go through the nominations yet and place my votes, but will be doing that at some point soon. The amount of creativity in this community always astounds me and exceeds expectations.

The staff were under immense pressure I'm sure and still went above and beyond to make everyone happy, so please everyone give yourselves a pat on the back (and maybe actually rest some more, hehe)!

I was not into events or collectibles when I first joined. That clearly changed, but I can still understand how some members may have little to no interest in those kinds of things.
Yeah when I first joined I didn't even know events were a thing. I just figured what the heck one time during the team camp event and it was fun! I think the collectibles are cute, but what I really like is the camaraderie of being in a team and when it's not team-based just being part of the group. That's what I enjoy the most about the events.

I still keep one or a few collectibles from an event as a memento and I usually gift others whatever is left because it's nice to make others happy like that.

Thank you to all of the staff involved during every event! You all keep it on track, work hard before, during, and after, and make the events a very fun experience!

Hi members and staff,

I want to sincerely apologize for my extremely poor choice of words and criticism of the event and everybody.

I left the forum for a couple of days out of frustration, to come back to a semi-heated discussion among you all. I promise you, I didn't mean for that to happen.

I want to apologize to the staff, who are truly amazing at keeping the community engaged. I also apologize for my aggressive tone and words. I am sorry to anyone who took offense and found the time to write a heartfelt argument against me. You made great points, and I apologize for taking up your time to respond.

I am sorry for who I am... I am up and down emotionally. When I come on to this forum in an emotionally "up" moment, I will run through brick walls to support you all, whether or not an event is happening. I will go out of my way to help the community events, or people with their personal islands. I will do anything for any of you. But when I am down, I tend to lash out with hateful stupid words.

My emotions get the best of me, and I am so very sorry. I hope you all can still accept me in the community. If you feel you can't, please start a personal conversation with me so we can discuss things. I am not a bad person, and I hope to show you that.

My brain doesn't work like most of yours. I will try to do better.

I really don't want my last post to be the end of this discussion!

I am looking forward to seeing the winners of the creative participants!

Back