i bought a ds lite :P

ITT: David is a moron.

but on a different note, i don't think a flash cart would be too hard/taxing to learn how to do. it would just be finding the roms.

also, lolnotalkofroms/emulators on tbt. pm's, srsly.

did you buy a new system, and how much was it?
the DSi isn't just a ds lite with an console-based shop, it's got an actual calendar (IIRC), internet if you feel like paying $5 i think (unless it's free) and the wifi, from what i've heard, is much more supported, if you wish to use it.

inb4 "lolihaveanitouch/phoneidontneedinternet"

if you think about your purchase of the DS lite, it couldn't have been at a worse time, really.
a new console (not just an upgraded/side-gen upgrade, a new system, more or less) is right around the corner.
but eh. i guess you can get a year or so of use out of it, before there aren't any new games, and there's a boatload of old ds games that are awesome.

I suggest picking up at least the first phoenix wright game (if you can find it cheap) if you like hotel dusk, and don't mind buying the game.
and pokemon, if you can get over that a lot of kids play it.

kirby superstar ultra is great if you want a platformer

and don't forget you can play all the gba games, if you have any lying around, or want to pick some up dirt cheap. i recommend golden sun, castlevania 1 & 3 (circle of the moon and something else, third one to come out on gba), and warioware 1 (mega microgames) if you can find those. they should all be under $10 used at gamestops, dunno about online.

good luck, i guess. really should've saved your money, in my opinion. even if it's twice the price, when the 3ds comes out i'm fairly certain there will be some sales of the DS lite/i, if you could be patient about it. and i love how you have no clue as to what you want to play on the system, or how to get them if you intend to use a flash cart.

oh well.

MasterM64 said:
Tyeforce said:
Why would you get a DS at this point in time?! The 3DS is only months away...
^
I agree, with Tye, the DS Lite is a absolute rip-off if you're buying it just for casual use but, if you bought the thing to play DS and GBA cartridges that would be different. Once the 3DS comes around, you're going to be wishing that you saved your money for it instead of spending it on a DS Lite. The 3DS will be able to play DS & 3DS Games and have downloadable Gameboy games which will save a crap load of money for everyone wanting to experience the handheld classics(GBA games haven't been confirmed yet).
I wanna try the 3DS before I buy it. If I like it, and can play current DS games on it I might get it eventually, but not at launch. And saving money's not a problem, I could buy a 3DS with 2 weeks of paycheques.

David said:
MasterM64 said:
Tyeforce said:
^
I agree, with Tye, the DS Lite is a absolute rip-off if you're buying it just for casual use but, if you bought the thing to play DS and GBA cartridges that would be different. Once the 3DS comes around, you're going to be wishing that you saved your money for it instead of spending it on a DS Lite. The 3DS will be able to play DS & 3DS Games and have downloadable Gameboy games which will save a crap load of money for everyone wanting to experience the handheld classics(GBA games haven't been confirmed yet).
I wanna try the 3DS before I buy it. If I like it, and can play current DS games on it I might get it eventually, but not at launch. And saving money's not a problem, I could buy a 3DS with 2 weeks of paycheques.
Yes, you can play current DS games on it. And if you like the DS, then why wouldn't you like the 3DS? It's like a DS on steroids. In 3D.

Tyeforce said:
David said:
MasterM64 said:
Tyeforce said:
^
Yes, you can play current DS games on it. And if you like the DS, then why wouldn't you like the 3DS? It's like a DS on steroids. In 3D.
Don't want the 3D. Can you switch it off???

David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
MasterM64 said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Yes, there's a slider that controls the depth of the 3D. You can have it on full blast, completely off, or anywhere in between. All of this has been known since E3...

Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Yes, there's a slider that controls the depth of the 3D. You can have it on full blast, completely off, or anywhere in between. All of this has been known since E3...
K cool. I'll be sure to try it out when it comes out then. If I really like it I might either sell the DS Lite and buy it, or wait a bit for more games to come out, and then get it.

I didn't follow Nintendo's E3 in depth, I just saw some trailers for the Zelda, and w/e else.

David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
K cool. I'll be sure to try it out when it comes out then. If I really like it I might either sell the DS Lite and buy it, or wait a bit for more games to come out, and then get it.

I didn't follow Nintendo's E3 in depth, I just saw some trailers for the Zelda, and w/e else.
Good luck trying to sell a used DS Lite for any decent amount of money after the 3DS comes out...

Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:

Good luck trying to sell a used DS Lite for any decent amount of money after the 3DS comes out...
my point exactly

Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:

Don't worry, if I end up selling it, I'll get decent money for it.

David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:

shouldnt you be paying your grandparents back?

At least I'll have something to do during spare this year. I'm about to finish 24 so I was getting a little worried about what I was supposed to do with 80 min of free time every day.

Peekab00m said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
shouldnt you be paying your grandparents back?
I pay them every week 100 bucks. Anything extra I keep.

Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:

Gamestop/EB Games had a deal where you could trade in your DSL/DS/GBA for 75%/50%/25% on your DSi purchase during the release week. No doubt they'll do that for the 3DS.

Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:

Gamestop/EB Games had a deal where you could trade in your DSL/DS/GBA for 75%/50%/25% on your DSi purchase during the release week. No doubt they'll do that for the 3DS.
Trading your DS Lite in for 25% off a 3DS isn't really that great of a deal... Especially if you just bought your DS Lite at full price a few months ago.

David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:

this post made me laugh.

you'll get 50% of what you paid if you're lucky, not counting any games (which will likely be worth about $5-15 dollars of trade-in credit, i'm guessing)

50% is me being very optimistic, since I haven't traded in any of my game systems. I would go in expecting no more than 25% at most.

i just thought about this, for no reason other than i'm trolling around some tf2 youtube vids, but you could buy team fortress 2 on steam to play on your macbook, and take your macbook with you/use as your portable gaming device, along with being your computer, etc. tf2 would be well worth the money, if you like first person shooters, and don't mind it being a multiplayer-only game. much better than the console version. it was(/is?) even on sale this week for $10.

there's plenty of other games available on mac through steam, if you feel like going that route. tf2 is just the first thing that came to mind.

but a laptop is hardly comparable to a handheld gaming device, as the size factor is very easy to see.

oh well. don't forget your mac has some steam games available to it, in the future, if you need a mid-way gaming fix, or just something to kill time with (an hour isn't all that long, really. taking a nap comes to mind :p)

and just a side-note, in my own personal opinion, you need to slow down, david. from your posts, i can't say that you seem like you're the kind of person to think things through, and that can save your ass (or a handful of cash) on many an occasion.

but, that's my opinion. hope you enjoy your ds lite, regardless of my or anyone else's opinions. it's still a good system, even with a new model on the way.

Psychonaut said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
this post made me laugh.

you'll get 50% of what you paid if you're lucky, not counting any games (which will likely be worth about $5-15 dollars of trade-in credit, i'm guessing)

50% is me being very optimistic, since I haven't traded in any of my game systems. I would go in expecting no more than 25% at most.

i just thought about this, for no reason other than i'm trolling around some tf2 youtube vids, but you could buy team fortress 2 on steam to play on your macbook, and take your macbook with you/use as your portable gaming device, along with being your computer, etc. tf2 would be well worth the money, if you like first person shooters, and don't mind it being a multiplayer-only game. much better than the console version. it was(/is?) even on sale this week for $10.

there's plenty of other games available on mac through steam, if you feel like going that route. tf2 is just the first thing that came to mind.

but a laptop is hardly comparable to a handheld gaming device, as the size factor is very easy to see.

oh well. don't forget your mac has some steam games available to it, in the future, if you need a mid-way gaming fix, or just something to kill time with (an hour isn't all that long, really. taking a nap comes to mind :p)

and just a side-note, in my own personal opinion, you need to slow down, david. from your posts, i can't say that you seem like you're the kind of person to think things through, and that can save your ass (or a handful of cash) on many an occasion.

but, that's my opinion. hope you enjoy your ds lite, regardless of my or anyone else's opinions. it's still a good system, even with a new model on the way.
I though about the ds for awhile. Just look at my recen topics there's one imade about an r4 week ago. I don't like gaming on computers and I know the 3rd is coming but that doesn't mean I cant spend the 130 on the d and catch up on some good game for it and wait for the 3ds price to drop. Sorry about grammar I'm on my iPod.

Back