i bought a ds lite :P

I'm looking back further and am hoping to get a Nintendo DS but probably a long while after the Nintendo 3DS.

Bacon Boy said:
David said:
[Nook said:
,Oct 2 2010, 05:37:13 PM]
David said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
They don't have the same games.
big deal. i dont feel the need to pay another 10 bucks plus tax so i can pay even more to download little mini games.
You don't have to download them and I would have just saved for the 3DS. Virtual Console. Awesome games (might import because I doubt the American version will have the awesome pre-installed games).
:eek:fftopic: ...Pre-loaded games?

On topic, Have fun with your DS lite, I have the special edition Mario one.

I lol that people care this much about what David spends his money on... if he wants to just get a DS Lite then just let him get a DS Lite. You all sound like you work for Nintendo or something >_>

Jas0n said:
I lol that people care this much about what David spends his money on... if he wants to just get a DS Lite then just let him get a DS Lite. You all sound like you work for Nintendo or something >_>
We don't care what he spends his money on, we're just trying to understand why anyone in their right mind would buy a DS Lite when the 3DS is just months away.

Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
We don't care what he spends his money on, we're just trying to understand why anyone in their right mind would buy a DS Lite when the 3DS is just months away.
Maybe he wanted it now for some particular reason? Maybe he doesn't care about 3D, like many people don't? Maybe he doesn't want to pay the extra for the 3DS? Maybe he simply isn't a Nintendo fanboy and just wants a nice, portable games console that he can play a few games on when he doesn't have his Xbox around?

There are a whole plethora of reasons why someone "in their right mind" would buy a DS Lite instead of waiting for the 3DS. It's just insulting to question what someone does with their own money without good reason.

Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Maybe he wanted it now for some particular reason? Maybe he doesn't care about 3D, like many people don't? Maybe he doesn't want to pay the extra for the 3DS? Maybe he simply isn't a Nintendo fanboy and just wants a nice, portable games console that he can play a few games on when he doesn't have his Xbox around?

There are a whole plethora of reasons why someone "in their right mind" would buy a DS Lite instead of waiting for the 3DS. It's just insulting to question what someone does with their own money without good reason.
We already know his reasons, and it was because he wasn't aware of everything the 3DS was capable of.

And, yes, there are going to be people who still want to buy a DS Lite instead of a 3DS. My "in their right mind" comment wasn't meant to be taken so literally. >_>

Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:

We already know his reasons, and it was because he wasn't aware of everything the 3DS was capable of.

And, yes, there are going to be people who still want to buy a DS Lite instead of a 3DS. My "in their right mind" comment wasn't meant to be taken so literally. >_>
what it was capable of? I knew what it was capable of. i bought for the reasons jason mentioned. as jsut a casual system to play games on during my spares, and college. I will pick up the 3ds eventually because of the solid line up of games but until the price drops, ill catch up on ds games and use the ds as a casual system during free time.

Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Good luck trying to sell a used DS Lite for any decent amount of money after the 3DS comes out...
Gamestop/EB Games had a deal where you could trade in your DSL/DS/GBA for 75%/50%/25% on your DSi purchase during the release week. No doubt they'll do that for the 3DS.
Trading your DS Lite in for 25% off a 3DS isn't really that great of a deal... Especially if you just bought your DS Lite at full price a few months ago.
You'd get about 50% for the DSL, 75% with the DSi, and 25% for the regular DS. (These are only estimates, but the newer the system, the more money you will get back on it.)

Bacon Boy said:
You'd get about 50% for the DSL, 75% with the DSi, and 25% for the regular DS. (These are only estimates, but the newer the system, the more money you will get back on it.)
I presume the DSi XL would still be 75% off even though it came out later than the DSi if the estimates were correct as it's technically newer, even though it's just another DSi?

David said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:

what it was capable of? I knew what it was capable of. i bought for the reasons jason mentioned. as jsut a casual system to play games on during my spares, and college. I will pick up the 3ds eventually because of the solid line up of games but until the price drops, ill catch up on ds games and use the ds as a casual system during free time.
But you weren't aware that you could play normal DS games and turn off the Wi-Fi if you want. Don't you think you might have waited for the 3DS had you known those facts?

Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:

But you weren't aware that you could play normal DS games and turn off the Wi-Fi if you want. Don't you think you might have waited for the 3DS had you known those facts?
No.

David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
No.
That's not how it sounded to me. But, eh, whatever. Your loss either way. But if you're enjoying your DS Lite, I guess that's all that matters.

Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
No.
That's not how it sounded to me. But, eh, whatever. Your loss either way. But if you're enjoying your DS Lite, I guess that's all that matters.
My loss? what?

Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
My loss? what?
Of money.
...But that makes no sense, he would have spent more money on a 3DS.

Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
My loss? what?
Of money.
Well, yeah, but you're getting much more with the 3DS than you are with the DS Lite. Besides, chances are he's going to buy a 3DS sometime down the line anyway, and he's not getting back that $130 he spent on a DS Lite, which will be inferior to his 3DS in every way. Everything the DS Lite can do, the 3DS can do, plus much, much more.

Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Of money.
Well, yeah, but you're getting much more with the 3DS than you are with the DS Lite. Besides, chances are he's going to buy a 3DS sometime down the line anyway, and he's not getting back that $130 he spent on a DS Lite, which will be inferior to his 3DS in every way. Everything the DS Lite can do, the 3DS can do, plus much, much more.
Who said he was going to buy a 3DS? Who said he wanted much more? Maybe all he wants to do is play games. Not everyone wants their games console to pick their nose for them.

Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Who said he was going to buy a 3DS? Who said he wanted much more? Maybe all he wants to do is play games. Not everyone wants their games console to pick their nose for them.
David said:
K cool. I'll be sure to try it out when it comes out then. If I really like it I might either sell the DS Lite and buy it, or wait a bit for more games to come out, and then get it.

Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Of money.
I said id get a 3ds already, but not right away. 130 bucks isnt much to spend on at least a years entertainment during boring times.

Back