i bought a ds lite :P

Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
That's not how it sounded to me. But, eh, whatever. Your loss either way. But if you're enjoying your DS Lite, I guess that's all that matters.
My loss? what?
Of money.
Woah woah woah woah woah... This coming from you? No offense, but you're like the King of Impulsive Buying.

Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Well, yeah, but you're getting much more with the 3DS than you are with the DS Lite. Besides, chances are he's going to buy a 3DS sometime down the line anyway, and he's not getting back that $130 he spent on a DS Lite, which will be inferior to his 3DS in every way. Everything the DS Lite can do, the 3DS can do, plus much, much more.
Who said he was going to buy a 3DS? Who said he wanted much more? Maybe all he wants to do is play games. Not everyone wants their games console to pick their nose for them.
David said:
K cool. I'll be sure to try it out when it comes out then. If I really like it I might either sell the DS Lite and buy it, or wait a bit for more games to come out, and then get it.
He said he'd try it out, not that he'd definitely buy it. And if he does it won't be right away so he would have got his money's worth of his DS Lite by then, especially if he sells it.

Really, going back to what I originally said... WHY is it ANY of your business what David spends his money on anyway? Why do you even care? It doesn't effect you in any way. Unless of course you work for Nintendo, which is seriously looking more likely every day.

Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Who said he was going to buy a 3DS? Who said he wanted much more? Maybe all he wants to do is play games. Not everyone wants their games console to pick their nose for them.
David said:
K cool. I'll be sure to try it out when it comes out then. If I really like it I might either sell the DS Lite and buy it, or wait a bit for more games to come out, and then get it.
He said he'd try it out, not that he'd definitely buy it. And if he does it won't be right away so he would have got his money's worth of his DS Lite by then, especially if he sells it.

Really, going back to what I originally said... WHY is it ANY of your business what David spends his money on anyway? Why do you even care? It doesn't effect you in any way. Unless of course you work for Nintendo, which is seriously looking more likely every day.
I don't care. You're the one who's dragging this out longer than it has to be.

Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
David said:

Yet you keep replying with arguments as to why he wasted his money and such.

Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:

Only because you keep asking. Can we stop now, or are you going to continue to drag it on?

Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Only because you keep asking. Can we stop now, or are you going to continue to drag it on?
So in actuality, no single person is 'dragging it on' as there are multiple involved in the conversation.

Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepdon't care. You're the one who's dragging this out longer than it has to be.
So in actuality, no single person is 'dragging it on' as there are multiple involved in the conversation.
But you could stop trying to have the last word and just be done with it.

Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepdon't care. You're
Same could go for you..

Animefan said:
Tyeforce said:
Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deepdon't care. You're
Same could go for you..
I was letting him have the last word. All he had to say was "Okay.", but he couldn't even do that.

Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Of money.
Woah woah woah woah woah... This coming from you? No offense, but you're like the King of Impulsive Buying.
Uh... I am not. >_> What makes you say that?!
You're the one that owns a DSi XL. a complete waste of money considering you already owned the DSi.

WHERE ARE MY BEST IMAGE MACROS WHEN I NEED THEM?

>BREAKING NEWS, DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS

more or less summarized: david made an action that, again, the rest of the forum finds bad, but he doesn't. the proceeding posts are based on trying to persuade him that he is wrong, while he says that they are wrong.

HOLY *censored.2.0* WHAT DO I WIN?

& on the topic of PC gaming, your macbook is very powerful, y'know. isn't it an i7? that's a waste in my opinion, if you aren't going to put it all to good use (whether or not you're video/photo editing).

granted you may not like first person shooters, or most genre's available on PC gaming (and mac, rofl), you should at least browse around and try a few demos on steam, just to check. if you've already done that, and don't like it because of the keyboard/mouse setup (if your laptop has no mouse, but i think you bought a mouse, not sure), consider trying to hook up your xbox controller (there's a driver for it somewhere for windows, no clue about mac) to play that way. when you realize the horror-inspiring prices that steam has sales at, you'll know it's worth it.

but hey. starting to sound like a sales rep, i guess. just know it's not just FPS' and RTS'. there's platformers and other stuff, too. including controls.

David said:
Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
You're the one that owns a DSi XL. a complete waste of money considering you already owned the DSi.
The 3DS wasn't a few months away when I bought my DSi XL. But seeing as you probably won't get the 3DS on launch, I guess you'll get some good use out of your DS Lite before you get a 3DS.

Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:
The 3DS wasn't a few months away when I bought my DSi XL. But seeing as you probably won't get the 3DS on launch, I guess you'll get some good use out of your DS Lite before you get a 3DS.
But he wasn't talking about the 3DS. He was talking about the fact that you already had a DSi then you go spend another $(I dunno what exactly) just for a model that's a half-size bigger. No offense, but in my opinion that makes no sense at all.

Mochacho said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Tyeforce said:
But he wasn't talking about the 3DS. He was talking about the fact that you already had a DSi then you go spend another $(I dunno what exactly) just for a model that's a half-size bigger. No offense, but in my opinion that makes no sense at all.
First of all, it's almost twice as big, not half-size bigger. And I had my DSi for a full year already. It's not like I bought a DSi and then five months later bought a DSi XL. Besides, I'm more than just a gamer. I'm a collector. I collect video games and video game consoles. I don't just buy consoles so I can play games with them, I also buy them to add to my collection.

Tyeforce said:
Mochacho said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
First of all, it's almost twice as big, not half-size bigger. And I had my DSi for a full year already. It's not like I bought a DSi and then five months later bought a DSi XL. Besides, I'm more than just a gamer. I'm a collector. I collect video games and video game consoles. I don't just buy consoles so I can play games with them, I also buy them to add to my collection.
as a collector, your argument is valid.

as a gamer.. not so much.

I've had my DS lite for about three years now, i think. i was tempted to upgrade to a DSi, but i felt it was a bit of a gimmick, if you'll pardon my use of the word. the XL.. hardly beyond gimmick, again. the bigger size may be nice, but i wouldn't say it warrants a new purchase.

the 3ds is more of an upgrade, the DSi wasn't so much of one. but again, opinions.

Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:
Mochacho said:
Tyeforce said:

I've had my DS lite for about three years now, i think. i was tempted to upgrade to a DSi, but i felt it was a bit of a gimmick, if you'll pardon my use of the word. the XL.. hardly beyond gimmick, again. the bigger size may be nice, but i wouldn't say it warrants a new purchase.

the 3ds is more of an upgrade, the DSi wasn't so much of one. but again, opinions.
While it's true that the DSi and DSi XL weren't nearly as big of an upgrade as the 3DS will be, I still found each upgrade to be totally worth the purchase. And that's all that matters, right? The DSi and DSi XL are like the Game Boy Color. Not a completely new system, but still worth the upgrade from black and white. At least that's how I see it.

Tyeforce said:
Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:
Mochacho said:

While it's true that the DSi and DSi XL weren't nearly as big of an upgrade as the 3DS will be, I still found each upgrade to be totally worth the purchase. And that's all that matters, right? The DSi and DSi XL are like the Game Boy Color. Not a completely new system, but still worth the upgrade from black and white. At least that's how I see it.
and then Psychonaut realized the dsi xl is basically a reverse-game boy pocket.

I had/got a game boy color, yeah, it was nowhere near as big of an upgrade from the game boy/pocket, agreed.

yes, that's all that matters, but the same goes for david's case, if it does yours. which, you've already agreed upon, so we're all good. ;D

i still don't really see the point of the XL.. beyond making it easier for older people/those who don't play games often, or want something bigger to grasp..

the pocket i can understand, XL, not so much.

Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:
Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:

and then Psychonaut realized the dsi xl is basically a reverse-game boy pocket.

I had/got a game boy color, yeah, it was nowhere near as big of an upgrade from the game boy/pocket, agreed.

yes, that's all that matters, but the same goes for david's case, if it does yours. which, you've already agreed upon, so we're all good. ;D

i still don't really see the point of the XL.. beyond making it easier for older people/those who don't play games often, or want something bigger to grasp..

the pocket i can understand, XL, not so much.
If you'd play a DSi XL and see those huge screens in person, you'd understand why it's so great. I'll really miss those beautiful, big screens when the 3DS comes out...

I'm with Tye on this, collecting is quite an obsession. I collect Lady Gaga and Katy Perry stuff, you'd *censored.2.0* a brick if you seen how much I had spent on them in like the past year.

Back