i bought a ds lite :P

Tyeforce said:
Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:
Psychonaut said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
While it's true that the DSi and DSi XL weren't nearly as big of an upgrade as the 3DS will be, I still found each upgrade to be totally worth the purchase. And that's all that matters, right? The DSi and DSi XL are like the Game Boy Color. Not a completely new system, but still worth the upgrade from black and white. At least that's how I see it.
and then Psychonaut realized the dsi xl is basically a reverse-game boy pocket.

I had/got a game boy color, yeah, it was nowhere near as big of an upgrade from the game boy/pocket, agreed.

yes, that's all that matters, but the same goes for david's case, if it does yours. which, you've already agreed upon, so we're all good. ;D

i still don't really see the point of the XL.. beyond making it easier for older people/those who don't play games often, or want something bigger to grasp..

the pocket i can understand, XL, not so much.
If you'd play a DSi XL and see those huge screens in person, you'd understand why it's so great. I'll really miss those beautiful, big screens when the 3DS comes out...
Did you have the normal DS XL too?

Tyeforce said:
Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:
Psychonaut said:
While it's true that the DSi and DSi XL weren't nearly as big of an upgrade as the 3DS will be, I still found each upgrade to be totally worth the purchase. And that's all that matters, right? The DSi and DSi XL are like the Game Boy Color. Not a completely new system, but still worth the upgrade from black and white. At least that's how I see it.

I had/got a game boy color, yeah, it was nowhere near as big of an upgrade from the game boy/pocket, agreed.

yes, that's all that matters, but the same goes for david's case, if it does yours. which, you've already agreed upon, so we're all good. ;D

i still don't really see the point of the XL.. beyond making it easier for older people/those who don't play games often, or want something bigger to grasp..

If you'd play a DSi XL and see those huge screens in person, you'd understand why it's so great. I'll really miss those beautiful, big screens when the 3DS comes out...
I've seen them in those store kiosks. it isn't the same as holding it, sure, but it's close enough to seeing them.

i'll pass. i was a sucker and bought the game boy micro (in my defense i think i had lost/gotten my SP stolen), holy hell that was a quality screen. same goes for the upgraded SP, with the brighter light. got DAYUM.

I might like the bigger screens, but i do not like paying that much for a system i more or less already own.

again, if you're looking at it from a collector's perspective, it's justifiable. from a purely gaming perspective, it doesn't make as much sense, unless you aren't content with the size/quality of the screens already. which i am. :)

Mochacho said:
Tyeforce said:
Psychonaut said:
Tyeforce said:

Did you have the normal DS XL too?
You mean the original Nintendo DS? Of course, lol. My boyfriend and I own every single Nintendo system released since the NES, except for the Virtual Boy. (That's excluding other region systems, like the Famicom, Game Boy Light, etc., and remodeled systems, like the NES 2, SNES 2, and GBA SP 2.)

I would like to submit this as evidence that arguments don't need me to start.

Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
David said:
Of money.
Woah woah woah woah woah... This coming from you? No offense, but you're like the King of Impulsive Buying.
Uh... I am not. >_> What makes you say that?!
I'm going to agree with David on this. Only perhaps "pointless" should replace "compulsive".

How many DSs and Animal Crossing games do you own again?

*trevor said:
Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
Woah woah woah woah woah... This coming from you? No offense, but you're like the King of Impulsive Buying.
I'm going to agree with David on this. Only perhaps "pointless" should replace "compulsive".

For the last time, I collect Nintendo video games and video game systems. And it's not like I just buy them and let them collect dust on the shelf. I actually use and enjoy every game and system that I buy.

And it's not like I buy a new video game and/or system every week. >_> I buy about one or two games a month, which really isn't much at all.

Tyeforce said:
*trevor said:
Tyeforce said:
Bacon Boy said:

For the last time, I collect Nintendo video games and video game systems. And it's not like I just buy them and let them collect dust on the shelf. I actually use and enjoy every game and system that I buy.

And it's not like I buy a new video game and/or system every week. >_> I buy about one or two games a month, which really isn't much at all.
However you rationalize it, man.

Back