• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I really wish nintendo would do something for us patient fans!

Fans are fans. I don't care if they're hipster teens or pretentious young adults. As long as it keeps the games and merch coming.

Exactly!

And anyone who likes something for any reason other than they love it won't last long in a fandom (if they are even in one, a lot of people in things for trend value don't even touch the fandom side of it) anyway.

It's weird how people hate on noobs when they come into a fandom. Even if they aren't very educated about the thing they love, isn't it the job of veteran fans to teach them? It's the responsibility of the veterans to keep their fandom going, even if it means answering a few dumb questions.
Besides, not everyone has to be a hardcore fan to like something. I own a Sailor Moon shirt even though I'm not the biggest fan, just because I like how it looks. Whether it's complete devotion, or a passing interest it shouldn't matter, as long as the person has interest.

I agree.

We should be welcoming new people to the game.

(I'm not really sure which part of the thread this was coming from, but I agree nonetheless.)

The biggest problem they have encountered aside from localization is that the cartridge is modified to store more data. It needs the extra space to store the mass of items and such, but also for the streetpass village.

I won't ever say that I haven't been impatient, because I REALLY want ACNL, but they really are putting in the time and trials to deliver an awesome game. I'll wait these next hundred'something days and be even happier when it's here :D

It's weird how people hate on noobs when they come into a fandom. Even if they aren't very educated about the thing they love, isn't it the job of veteran fans to teach them? It's the responsibility of the veterans to keep their fandom going, even if it means answering a few dumb questions.
Besides, not everyone has to be a hardcore fan to like something. I own a Sailor Moon shirt even though I'm not the biggest fan, just because I like how it looks. Whether it's complete devotion, or a passing interest it shouldn't matter, as long as the person has interest.

I think it's because some people tend to love feeling like they are "better" than someone else, even if it's over something as petty as a videogame. AC probably doesn't have too many, but other games and fandoms have plenty of elitists.

I think it's because some people tend to love feeling like they are "better" than someone else, even if it's over something as petty as a videogame. AC probably doesn't have too many, but other games and fandoms have plenty of elitists.

AC is a really nice fandom. We have our problems like any others, but we are overall a pretty relaxed community, or at least the best that I've yet to encounter. There's always going to be those people though.

AC is a really nice fandom. We have our problems like any others, but we are overall a pretty relaxed community, or at least the best that I've yet to encounter. There's always going to be those people though.

There isn't any serious competition in AC. That's a good factor in sorting out overly competitive people, preventing fights.
The game overall is pretty relaxed and encourages you to play it that way. But like any community, there is going to be arguments and disagreements. The most likely cases of anyone being overly aggressive over AC are going to end up being little kids. Or someone older with issues. lol

I Love AC and I love Nintendo!
No matter what I can't stay mad at them.
They are doing the best they can to make the best game experience for us that they can.

I agree.

We should be welcoming new people to the game.

(I'm not really sure which part of the thread this was coming from, but I agree nonetheless.)

I agree with you guys as well. I'm no gamer. I don't play many games beyond Animal Crossing, I have no idea which games are coming out, I don't know the online communities, I don't know the lingo, but I love Animal Crossing and have since the GC. However whether New Leaf is their 4th or 1st AC game, I don't look at a fan any differently. It's bizarre to think someone might be younger than the first AC game, but if they are and they love NL then by all means, enjoy.

Who's speaking bad about newer fans? :( they shouldn't do that

I've never seen anyone bashing new fans of Animal Crossing. o.o; I mean... I've never considered Animal Crossing to be a game you can be elitist or 'good' at.

What are they going to do? Brag about the fact they have a full sized house and try to act like that makes them a better player than a dude who just started playing and is playing off his tent? o_O

I've never seen anyone bashing new fans of Animal Crossing. o.o; I mean... I've never considered Animal Crossing to be a game you can be elitist or 'good' at.

What are they going to do? Brag about the fact they have a full sized house and try to act like that makes them a better player than a dude who just started playing and is playing off his tent? o_O

I think they just mean like the people that already know the basic concept behind it because they've been playing every game since it was released vs. new fans who get New Leaf or any of the other versions and they're like "Woah I have to pay a raccoon for my house?"

I always welcome new fans to the series, and those who don't are going to make great businessmen someday(sarcasm).

Oh, I get it then. Not that I agree with that. It's kind of like those pokemon fans who get mad about kids not knowing who a Generation 1 pokemon is. xD

Any new fans to the series are a welcome addition to the community to me! The game series is great. I'd rather have new players be surprised about what it was like in the 'good old days' than have someone look over my shoulder and say "What's that? Why would an adult play this game? It's for babies!"

Heck, I'm sure there are people now who look at Population Growing and go "I can't change my hat?!"

Heck, I'm sure there are people now who look at Population Growing and go "I can't change my hat?!"

That's what I was like when I was watching the videos for it before I actually played it.
I also thought that your job with Tom Nook was a daily thing when I first started and that since the next the day I played was a Sunday I figured I don't work on Sundays, lol. I was actually mad that I couldn't work for him anymore, but now I am just so relieved! xD

Yeah that's how I felt when I played it! I was like 12 or something back then and I didn't understand why he didn't want me to keep working for him. I got mad and sold my uniform in protest. :p

Back