• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

I really wish nintendo would do something for us patient fans!

we dont deserve anything. nor do any other fandoms waiting for games. especially this fandom. the AC community like to moan a lot and are not very patient. not all of us but most of us.
waiting 3 years is not really that long compared to some games people have been waiting for.

I've been to the DMV quite a few times and I know its no picnic...but I didn't expect it to be, you know? Its alright. I guess people took what I said about waiting as if I was shaking my fist at the Nintendo gods demanding compensation...not what I meant.

I wonder what that Wii U game is like! I am trying to avoid buying new consoles, at least for now. But I'm sure I'll throw my hat in the ring when a game or two that I just have to play comes out.

The AR cards are also a wonderful idea! It would be cute to be able to take pictures of yourself with villagers or maybe show people the outside of your house with an AR card.

OMG! The AR Cards! I nearly forgot about those!
I wonder if that's the replacement thing Nintendo is working on for the people not getting the Japanese Bean Fest!

^ That is unlikely as other versions of the game will have different holidays as well. (Give or take a few)
Setsubun has always been excluded from past AC versions outside of Japan, so I don't see why Nintendo would have to make up for it now.

A lot of people think the exclusive feature will have something to do with streetpass/wifi tags in the HHS area, myself included.

I am just hoping that the exclusive feature is something good.
I really don't care what it ends up being.
I can always try to make a japanese friend to see Setsuban.

I think it's fine the way it is. We don't deserve anything special just because we got the game late. As long as the game is in my hands by June 9th, there is absolutely no reason to complain. We got a release date and a very nice game to go with it, it's good enough.

I know it will probably never happen, but I would love for D?a de Muertos to be in the game. Despite the huge Latino population in the states, I really doubt it'd ever make it to a localized AC. People who aren't Latino probably find it to be very grim, despite it being very far from it.

I'd love to at least get some items related to it someday, though. Maybe through DLC.

(My post was in response to one about holidays in the localization. Sorry if it seems off topic!)

I know it will probably never happen, but I would love for D?a de Muertos to be in the game. Despite the huge Latino population in the states, I really doubt it'd ever make it to a localized AC. People who aren't Latino probably find it to be very grim, despite it being very far from it.

I'd love to at least get some items related to it someday, though. Maybe through DLC.

(My post was in response to one about holidays in the localization. Sorry if it seems off topic!)

Dia de Muertos would be really awesome! I'm not sure how they would separate it from looking like Halloween, but if they did it right, it could be a really fun holiday.

I think if anything, I think we should see some more AC:NL merchandise. While we're waiting, I'm sure they'd make a ton selling cases/styli/etc. as long as they slap AC on it! They just don't seem to be marketing it to us, and it's a shame, because we'd pay for it!

Last edited:
Better access to AC merc would be nice. I am partial to little knick knacks and keychains.

I think if anything, I think we should see some more AC:NL merchandise. While we're waiting, I'm sure they'd make a ton selling cases/styli/etc. as long as they slap AC on it! They just don't seem to be marketing it to us, and it's a shame, because we'd pay for it!

I've always wished merchandise sold well in America, because I would love to have an Animal Crossing T-shirt, or even the little viking hats that the male characters wear. I can understand why they don't do it though, because I don't think the major fanbase is big enough for them to make a ton of money :/.

We just need to make AC trendy like all the things you see in Hot Topic and Spencer's.

Nintendo owes us nothing. This is a video game, it's not like they've kept us waiting for a kidney.

...No. I will vomit if I see this happen. Mario is okay, because he's Nintendo's mascot.

But Animal Crossing?

No.

What's wrong with that?

The more money something gets, the more likely it will keep going and keep getting developed. Lack of interest is what kills games, shows, movies, etc.

So what if more people like it and we get more merchandise? I really don't see a downside at all.

I've seen some pretty adorable AC products I wouldn't mind having!! :D A keychain at LEAST would be awesome!

I think it has more of AC turning into a "hipster" fad, than anything else :/

I wouldn't mind a KK shirt though c:

I wouldn't mind a KK shirt though c:

I doubt that would ever happen. If anything it'd be along the lines of Adventure Time. Or Legend of Zelda. Maybe even My Little Pony. Those are hardly "hipster" at all.

They are very well known and have tons of merchandise available in places other than just online.

Fans are fans. I don't care if they're hipster teens or pretentious young adults. As long as it keeps the games and merch coming.

Back