I was just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peekab00m said:
David said:
I used to do it all the time, but I kinda lost interest as I took up film making, I've been doing that for 3 years, and I love it now more than ever. I just got my Canon 7D, which does both amazing video, and photography, so I'm most likely gonna do photography on the side for fun. I'm gonna be doing it a lot for school this year, as I'm designing the yearbook. I'm gonna be like the only guy in that class... besides another guy I know, he freakin signed up for every class I'm taking, he even wants to go to the same college and take the same courses... ugh. I think he's just lost and doesn't know what he's good at, so he's imitating me, because he thinks I have it all together or something. >_>
But you just got a new Canon..

I would be so into it.
I'm focused more on film right now, I've got a few ideas for some shorts I might film in the coming weeks.

I enjoy photography. I mostly will take pictures outside since I like to capture the essence of nature, I also like using natural light to lighten the picture since it makes the picture prettier.

Yaaay its sunny out!

*grabs camera* ... *backs out the front door slowly*

:3

So either The Bell Tree attracts a lot of photographers, it's a more popular hobby than I thought, or people are lying/exaggerating.

Okay, so while taking photos outside. My cat Birdie was out there with me. I got some good shots of him. But he jumped so high in the air attacking a dragonfly.. I missed it.

T_T

Peekab00m said:
Okay, so while taking photos outside. My cat Birdie was out there with me. I got some good shots of him. But he jumped so high in the air attacking a dragonfly.. I missed it.

T_T
Haha those sort of shots are cool. My canon can have an extremely fast shutter speed, its able to capture individual drops of water from a fountain, for example.

David said:
Peekab00m said:

T_T
Haha those sort of shots are cool. My canon can have an extremely fast shutter speed, its able to capture individual drops of water from a fountain, for example.
Do it, then post it so I can see.

I was hoping the dragonfly wouldn't be a *censored.8.3* and try to tease my cat by going back, making Birdie jump again so I could take a shot. But he flew away.

Peekab00m said:
Kaleb said:
No. I just use photography as a tool for drawing from, like it was originally used for.
Really? So like it was supposed to be used for like, tracing a picture?
Oh. Back before it became an art in the early 1900's, artists would use a camera to take a picture of a subject. They could use it for tracing or gridding, or other methods. But then some wise guy came along and said, "why can't we just use it as art", while on the other side, artists would say: "all you do is press a button and get art." Which, of course, isn't necessarily the truth when it comes to getting the right shot. But from what I've learned, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, it was originally used as an assisting tool for artists. Painters and such. During the realist movement, realists wanted to create the essence of the picture with the paintbrush, not just a flash, though that flash could serve for a sketch or something to draw from.

Kinda weird. Now, most media and arts revolve around digital and cameras and videos.

This taken from Wikipedia:

The aesthetics of photography is a matter that continues to be discussed regularly, especially in artistic circles. Many artists argued that photography was the mechanical reproduction of an image. If photography is authentically art, then photography in the context of art would need redefinition, such as determining what component of a photograph makes it beautiful to the viewer. The controversy began with the earliest images "written with light"; Nic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back