• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Smash Bros If you had the choice to remove one fighter from the game.

I would personally get rid of Pikachu. He is impossible to beat, and really a difficult character to master. His smash move makes no sense. It is not even a pokemon move. Just a flying ball of electricity.Man, he is hated by me.
Pikachu's not impossible to beat lmao, especially the ones that spam neutral B.
His Final Smash is Volt Tackle, which is INDEED a Pokemon move.

Pikachu's not impossible to beat lmao, especially the ones that spam neutral B.
His Final Smash is Volt Tackle, which is INDEED a Pokemon move.

Omg yes Pikachu is best. Besides, Nintendo wouldn't remove him because so many people love him and use him. He's one of the staples.

Yes xXDaBossXx is my friend, and a Pikachu hater xD

That doesn't change the fact that he's just Mario in different clothes. Yeah, he was in Melee, but I always thought that was a dumb choice, too.

they should take out Dr. Mario

replace him with E. Gadd but give the exact same moves and stats

Mario and Dr. Mario are very different in gameplay styles. They may seem like clones at first, but being a Dr. Mario main I've found I have to rely on defensive play and somersault strings to win, rather than go all-in like Mario can.

Character I would remove?
If you want to go by popularities, Diddy. No, really, I don't know why, but he tends to give me anguish, both back in Brawl and in Smash 4. Side note on popularity, Pikachu is way more popular than he >could've< been. I'd imagine if you put any other pokemon in his place in Yellow version/the anime, that pokemon would become a staple instead if it was likeable enough. So he kinda got in only by nostalgia factor...
But, Dark Pit and Lucina are much more prone to the entire clone-character mechanism and, while there isn't anything wrong with playing them, they are pretty unnecessary, so I'd take one of them out (or at least give Lucina a unique moveset. Dark Pit's makes total sense from concept perspective).

Mario and Dr. Mario are very different in gameplay styles. They may seem like clones at first, but being a Dr. Mario main I've found I have to rely on defensive play and somersault strings to win, rather than go all-in like Mario can.

I know they play differently, but at the end of the day, Mario and Dr. Mario are still the same person. One's just Mario and the other's Mario as a doctor. I'm just perplexed. *shrug*

Last edited:
If I had too, Mii Swordfighter. Because its pretty much the worst of all the Mii types and theres no sense in removing characters for no reason :U

Last edited:
If I had too, Mii Swordfighter. Because its pretty much the worst of all the Mii types and theres no sense in removing characters for no reason :U

I think Mii Swordfighter is actually the worst character in the game. :p

Aren't Sword Fighter + Gunner in the lower if most lowest tier?

if i see 1 more person say jigglypuff i will literally remove ur fingers so u can never play smash again and then we'll see who has the last laugh xo

I know they play differently, but at the end of the day, Mario and Dr. Mario are still the same person. One's just Mario and the other's Mario as a doctor. I'm just perplexed. *shrug*

I know what you mean, because to an extent I felt that too, but I feel that actual gameplay variation should be greater than cosmetic similarities.

Take Paper Mario for example. He's still Mario, but he uses completely different moves and abilities, so I woulnd't say he shouldn't get in because he's just Mario even though he plays different. It's like if the entire roster was Mario, it'd be weird but they'd play differently so that's important.

Granted, having actual different characters shouldn't be dismissed because it is important to still have variation. I guess the best solution would be to change characters that are just different versions of existing ones to other characters (that are still iconic enough) while giving them their move set that is different enough to keep them from being repetitive.

Last edited:
Aren't Sword Fighter + Gunner in the lower if most lowest tier?

Gunner is usually pretty low, but Swordfighter is always dead last. But I've seen a few Gunners in tournaments and wow, the default set is pretty good.

Jiggs

She is a random pokemon out of like 700 and there rally isnt anything special about it, Lucario aswell... but he has his aura

Jiggs

She is a random pokemon out of like 700 and there rally isnt anything special about it, Lucario aswell... but he has his aura

But Jigglypuff has sing and rest

pretty much (other than greninja) the pokemon in smash are there bc they had a prominent role in the anime

Last edited:
Back