• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Smash Bros If you had the choice to remove one fighter from the game.

Jigglypuff can sweep teams in Pokemon like they can in Smash.

Jigglypuff will never go.

I know what you mean, because to an extent I felt that too, but I feel that actual gameplay variation should be greater than cosmetic similarities.

Take Paper Mario for example. He's still Mario, but he uses completely different moves and abilities, so I woulnd't say he shouldn't get in because he's just Mario even though he plays different. It's like if the entire roster was Mario, it'd be weird but they'd play differently so that's important.

Granted, having actual different characters shouldn't be dismissed because it is important to still have variation. I guess the best solution would be to change characters that are just different versions of existing ones to other characters (that are still iconic enough) while giving them their move set that is different enough to keep them from being repetitive.

Which they've been doing. Luigi, Falco, Lucas, etc are perfect examples of this. I'm just against the whole 'same character, but with an adjective in their name' thing to begin with. Toon Link gets a pass since he's at least a main protagonist of his own brand of series adjacent to Link's. Paper Mario would be in the same boat, and I'd take him over Dr. Mario any day.

Rosalina.

I like her character, but in Smash, I find her to be a worse controlling Ice Climbers.

Do you dare diss the best character in Smash ever? Ill Warlock Punch you IRL >:U

And also him being a Falcon clone is fine.
You show em bruh, make sure it's a turned Warlock punch for the extra salt B)

Rosalina.

I like her character, but in Smash, I find her to be a worse controlling Ice Climbers.
THANK YOU, someone who agrees with me, Rosalina sucks in Smash 8(

Which they've been doing. Luigi, Falco, Lucas, etc are perfect examples of this. I'm just against the whole 'same character, but with an adjective in their name' thing to begin with. Toon Link gets a pass since he's at least a main protagonist of his own brand of series adjacent to Link's. Paper Mario would be in the same boat, and I'd take him over Dr. Mario any day.

Dr. Mario is literally the protagonist of his own series completely distinct from mainstream Mario games, so your argument for Toon Link doesn't really make sense to me. I'd take Dr. Mario over Toon Link tbh.

Dr. Mario is literally the protagonist of his own series completely distinct from mainstream Mario games, so your argument for Toon Link doesn't really make sense to me. I'd take Dr. Mario over Toon Link tbh.

Because he's Mario wearing different clothes? They're literally no difference between them otherwise. With Link and Toon Link comes variety and distinction through their games and elements. Outside of Smash, some people like Link and hate Toon Link, while some like Toon Link and not regular Link. With Mario and Dr. Mario, what is there to differentiate? Not counting Smash, are there people who like Dr. Mario, but not Mario as a character? Would that be the same case with Dr. Luigi? But hey, to each their own.

I've recently started to hate Ness. Or rather, PK fire. It's so annoying <.<
Most Ness "users" need to learn that PK Fire is easily punishable because of the after lag, gonna get you abused if you miss that crap.

Most Ness "users" need to learn that PK Fire is easily punishable because of the after lag, gonna get you abused if you miss that crap.

I usually go for midair PK fire, since using on the ground seems more punishable in my experience.

Because he's Mario wearing different clothes? They're literally no difference between them otherwise. With Link and Toon Link comes variety and distinction through their games and elements. Outside of Smash, some people like Link and hate Toon Link, while some like Toon Link and not regular Link. With Mario and Dr. Mario, what is there to differentiate? Not counting Smash, are there people who like Dr. Mario, but not Mario as a character? Would that be the same case with Dr. Luigi? But hey, to each their own.

Dr. Mario has different attributes from Mario. He's slower, but more powerful. He's like a fun-sized Ganondorf. Not to mention he also has the glorious Tornado. Lots of people prefer his playstyle over Mario, due to his greater kill ability. Dr. Mario is a totally harmless character.

Last edited:
It can be argued Dark Pit is rather pointless...but I find him kind of nifty. His altered moves change in usefulness depending on the character matchup, and the side b is useful in different situations. Dark Pit's Electroshock is really good at the edge of the stage and Pit's side b is better for desperate kills. He's also pretty harmless.

Back