• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Innapropriate Placement of Villager Houses Picture Thread

taylalatbh

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
We all know that when villagers move in they usually place their house in the middle of the way. Let's celebrate that with some pictures of the evidence!

Play.jpg

Can't post any pics right now, but Penelope, why must you plop your house right next to mine?

I also don't have pictures, but I'm very miffed with Marcel for plopping his house down right where Queenie's house was. Queenie, whom I let go because of her house placement :mad: It's right in front of my house. I wanted a garden :(
I tried to do the reset trick, but after seeing no changes three times in a row, I gave up. When Marcel starts to contemplate moving, he'll get no objection from me.

My house is now surrounded in miscellaneous benches, streetlamps, and other things because of this. They just kept moving back in inches from my door, so I had to put pwps there as placeholders just so they'd go somewhere else. Looking forward to the day I have all my dream villagers so I can knocks down all theses out of place pwps :/

Snapshot_20130619.jpg

This was the worst I had, Had the town for a month and a half before restarting it, so Tucker is no longer right in the way of me going anywhere from my house. ~ If you can see through the dark image there is 1 space between the river and his house, and a 1 space wide path between the house and the cliff. Outside of diving into the sea if I wanted to go to or from my house I had to squeeze past him. <_< ~ And I didn't want another bridge to ruin my walkway.

My worst was Peewee (I've been calling him Caesar LOL) moving in the exact spot I wanted to place my lighthouse the day after I FINALLY unlocked it. We will never be friends.

I don't have any photos, on my second day of playing Sheldon plopped down his house directly in front of mine. He's finally out now but I haven't done anything with the space aside from using it for temporary houses when I do the reset trick

I use the reset trick. I wouldn't be able to handle my villagers moving in and destroying my plans.

I would've used it if I knew someone who came into my town had someone moving out. But I found out there's no way to avoid it in this case.. I wanted to cry.. :( Plus, I had maxed out the characters, and I didn't want to delete anyone.

May i ask what the reseting trick is? Sorry :S

Thank you in advance!

Or, well what is it and what do you have to do? (special timing and stuff)

I also don't have pictures, but I'm very miffed with Marcel for plopping his house down right where Queenie's house was. Queenie, whom I let go because of her house placement :mad: It's right in front of my house. I wanted a garden :(
I tried to do the reset trick, but after seeing no changes three times in a row, I gave up. When Marcel starts to contemplate moving, he'll get no objection from me.
Omg marcel from my town moved right where the ramp to the beach was!
Every time i come back from the beach i end up bumping into his house :mad:

lol.jpg

Poppy - In front of my house
Pinky - Near re-tail
Graham - In between camp & town hall

Poppy is a bigger threat though.

My campsite is surrounded by Diana and Shep..
And Skye is right in front of my coffee shop bench.
And Wolfgang is right beside town hall.

May i ask what the reseting trick is? Sorry :S

Thank you in advance!

Or, well what is it and what do you have to do? (special timing and stuff)

When you think someone is going to move into your town, instead of starting the game as your mayor on that day (which saves the town before you play) you create a new save file and walk around your town looking for the fenced-off house area. If you don't like the location, you keep turning off until you find a location you do like. When you have you plant a house down, talk to Isabelle so she saves the game then delete that character.

Last edited:
Just so you know, he'd still have moved to different spots if you kept trying (unless that spot was the only place with enough space, but I doubt that was the case). Sometimes they just have a tendency to move into a certain spot, but they'll still move around sometimes! I think Bonbon plopped down her house in the same spot 5 times in a row before moving to another spot.

Back