• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Is the island a disappointment for you?

Yuki Nagato

Data Overmind Humanoid
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
August Birthstone (Peridot)
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Candy
Pear (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
Pokéball
Cake
First, I'm NOT saying I hate what they've done with the island - it's still great fun.

Back to the point, is anyone else disappointed with what Nintendo did with the Island? There's no villagers on there, and it's tiny. Just wondering if anyone else agrees?

I'm not that disappointed. It was almost pointless in Population Growing. And even though it's small, you can still visit with friends. An island is meant to be small, but maybe it should have been better.

I'm impressed with what they did to the island. Though I'm disappointed no one lives there besides Kapp'n's sudden family. The mini games look fun! I just hope I can experience the full awesomeness of the events while playing alone since I doubt I'll do stuff online that often. It could have been a bit bigger but I like what they've given us.

I never got to play on the island on the gc but I think the island might be cool. But I do like villagers....

Never played the GC version so I'm sure I'll love it with nothing to compare it to :D

I'm not at all disappointed with it. c:
Compared to the island in the GC version I like it a lot more.

I am happy with the mini games and stuff but I am a tad disappointed that it didn't also bring back villagers and maybe the island hut like on gamecube (where all players could change/exchange furniture in). But I don't know, I think it actually might be the right change because Tortimer's retired there so its kinda got an "exclusive" feeling to it. Maybe one day waaaaay in the future if/when they make a WII U version they will build upon it and have a larger island with even more...who knows?! I can't wait to play it though!

First, I'm NOT saying I hate what they've done with the island - it's still great fun.

Back to the point, is anyone else disappointed with what Nintendo did with the Island? There's no villagers on there, and it's tiny. Just wondering if anyone else agrees?

No!! It's my main money maker! Without it, I'd be farming delicious fruit and my town would look like an abandoned town being taken over by nature. xD
I like it the way it is, but I've never experienced the GC island and can't make a comparison between the two.

Having a tiny island makes it easier to see everything that is happening and spot rare fish and bugs quickly. :)

I like the NL island a lot more than the GC one. There's a lot more to do, it's even easier to make money on that one and it just has a better atmosphere to it, not to mention better music.

Almost anything you pick up on the island can be thrown to the storage box, and it'll be carried over when you come back to your town.

I played both Animal Crossing and AC:NL, and I prefer the latter. Being able to play either alone or with other fellows (friend or stranger), snagging various critters and playing mini-games are what made this island a lot more fun, making the first English AC shallow in comparison. And I don't wear some rose-tinted glasses, so that must be why my opinion seems unbiased.

When I first heard about the island, I didn't really like it because it seemed like such an easy way to make a ton of money, and I kinda liked the fact that I had to work hard to earn those bells and pay off my house! But once I saw the prices of the community projects, I'm extremely glad they added in the island. They're uber expensive, so the island will help out a lot! :)

You can put fish and bugs in any storage box. Dressers, wardrobes, etc.

OH this is new to me, nice! And I really like that you can store stuff and then access it when you get back home...so nice! No more back and forth when im selling fish and stuff :)

I think the island is far from a dissapointment. It's going to be a major money maker and a fun way to interact with your wifi friends!

Back