• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Is the island a disappointment for you?

Sometimes when you're playing together with your friends you can get bored in town, so the island was a great idea by Nintendo. I don't see how the island can be a disappointment at all :)

I never got to experience the island on the gamecube version, so this new for me. I think they did a nice job with it. I like the idea of being able to play games with people from all over the world, not just friends.

the only reason i'm 'disappointed' with it is that it allows you access to summer fish/bugs during winter/fall

but since it looks like we'll be getting this game in the summer shouldn't be a problem

Well, the island is a tropical island. Of course you'd be able to catch insects and fish that live in warmer climates! :)

I dont talk much here on the forums, but I have to say this, just to tell how I feel about AC;NL's island.
Its going to be amazing. Its not like the island of the gamecube version, but mini games and the fact it has proper (for Animal Crossing) multiplayer features, and the fact its been stated so often to help with community projects, it just seems better.

So honestly, no, it wont be a disappointment, provided I can use it as intended and as a source for bells when I need them (of course, I cant read japanese, so I have to wait like most others for this game, whenever Nintendo finally give a date.)

I'm not disappointed about that. This game requires more bells than ever before to get stuff done. Straight off the bat, you need to start paying off your house, and if you want to unlock basic establishments you need to be spending a lot of bells. If you started the game in winter, I think it would be absolute hell to be trying to scrape up the required money for that stuff.

At least if you get your things on the island they do make you go the extra length, you need to go back to town to sell them if you want a good price for them. And luckily you can't catch ALL the summer bugs and fish just from the island.

Yes, it allows access to bugs/fish out of season. But you don't have to go to the Island. And if you want to go, you can and do other things. If you don't want to catch bugs out of season, don't catch bugs on the island.

For one, I did not want to get a tan out of season, so when I go to the Island I make sure to always wear a hat.

I'm not disappointed at all. In fact, I see it as much cooler than the GC island (though I wish I could put up a flag and choose a name).

But mini games are something that I've always wanted in an Animal Crossing game, and they delivery was done very, very well. The fact that the island allows us to catch rare bugs is a plus for me, since I struggle with making money in-game. Since this game requires more money than ever, I'm glad we got a little help this time around.

I played the GC version of the island and I had that lion guy as an islander. The island in NL is completely different as it has those mini games and the shop with that gloating grandma. I think the kappas being there is enough and you do get different fruit with a different game. I got lychees and coconuts on mine.

I sort of prefer the diving in the island as it's much easier to swim round and of course the chance to always catch sharks is fun. I don't think I would say disappointed it's just different and yeah you don't get to make friends with the kappas as they all say the same thing no matter how many times you go. You can though meet more animals if you play hide and seek on the mini game, that's lots of fun.

I actually prefer the new island to the GC island. Sure, it was nice practically having an extra house and an extra villager, but that was really all there was to it. I like the new mini games and all the stuff that you can only get from the island.
I think it is a bit of a shame that we won't have that extra villager or a "vacation home" type thing, but it's whatevs~ everything else they've added to the game makes up for it :D

I think the reason I'm not upset that the new villager isn't coming back is because I hated my islander. Maybe if I had a better islander, I would be more upset, but all my islander did was try to take my clothes, and complain.

I think it is a bit of a shame that we won't have that extra villager or a "vacation home" type thing, but it's whatevs~ everything else they've added to the game makes up for it :D

Definitely. The campsite makes up for it in my opinion even though it's not exactly the same thing.

I wish it was a tad larger but other than that I'm very satisfied with it! Just the fact they actually brought it back after all these years is impressive.

I think the reason I'm not upset that the new villager isn't coming back is because I hated my islander. Maybe if I had a better islander, I would be more upset, but all my islander did was try to take my clothes, and complain.

Oh dear god me too. I had Analeise or w/e. The horse girl. I hated her so much. I WANTED ANHKA.

I'm not cause i never had the gc version so i never got to experience an island and all the minigames sound fun

I wish it was a tad larger but other than that I'm very satisfied with it! Just the fact they actually brought it back after all these years is impressive.

Same here, I think it's the perfect little place to chill with your friends.

I never got to play with the island on the GC version, either, so I don't know what I'm missing there. LOL Did the islander you got never move, is that how that worked?

I think the new island seems pretty awesome so far, so I don't think I'll be disappointed with it. REALLY love that we can catch all the rare bugs there year round! That's a cool bonus. :D And that we can get flowers and fruits from it, too.

I never got to play with the island on the GC version, either, so I don't know what I'm missing there. LOL Did the islander you got never move, is that how that worked?

You're not missing too much. The villager you get on the island is a permanent resident, you got to name the island whatever you wanted (as long as it fit in the number of spaces- which I believe was the same number as the town name). The Island had flowers, coconut trees, it was always summer there and you could catch certain summer bugs there year round, there was a house with space for you to decorate as your beach house. Inside there house were two red and two blue aloha shirts. You could also get a tan/sunburn on the island, unless you were using an umbrella.

Last fall while I was playing I visited the island for the first time. My house was on a separate tiny island connected with a bridge to the main one and I had the Koala islander. Her dialogue started repeating quite quickly and there really was not a whole lot to do there, so I got bored really quickly. I know if you left like fruits and tools and stuff on the island when you put a version of it on your GBA you could play with the islander and get items, but I never tried it out myself.

Back