• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Is the island a disappointment for you?

Yeah, I really like what they've done with the island, too! I especially love the idea of tropical fruits growing on it! Coconuts were nice but they were pretty boring to me. Though I liked their trees. xD

No. To be honest, I like how it works better than how the island worked in the GC game. It was kinda annoying to have to hook up the GBA with link cable just to go to the island. Also, I didn't really go to the island that much in GC. Didn't feel like much of a point. Seems like more to do in NL's island. I'll probably go either daily or almost daily when I unlock it.

No. To be honest, I like how it works better than how the island worked in the GC game. It was kinda annoying to have to hook up the GBA with link cable just to go to the island. Also, I didn't really go to the island that much in GC. Didn't feel like much of a point. Seems like more to do in NL's island. I'll probably go either daily or almost daily when I unlock it.

Do you have to unlock the island?

I like it. I think there could have been villagers going there to visit and maybe wearing summer clothes there but it will still be fun. Catching summer animals all year and also the mini games :) Will be good for that extra multiplayer fun!

I think the island would of been better if they kept some of the things from Gamecube on it, such as a variety of different island layouts, with villages (special island ones). But with the capability of the things now such as kappn the mini games and such. I do like the basket addition though.

I really like what they did with the island. I think it's a much better improvement from the GC version.

The mini-games were something that AC needed badly for days when you have friends over and can't think of anything to do.
I also really like the way you can do the whole finding someone's island and playing on it with them without having them added.

its a bit more than just a few days. heres it from Liquefy's guide:

Pay your 39,800-bell mortgage to trigger access to Resort Island.

[Tortimer] Kotobuki, sporting tropical wear, will appear "under the spotlight"
in the "dark room" as you load your game. That day, speak to him at the Wharf.
The following day, you can travel to Resort Island!

I'm most definitely not dissappointed about the island. It's something new to Animal Crossing, and atleast there's somewhere to go and something to do on the game. I mean, do you seriously want to be stuck in your town all day? Because to be honest with you, I wouldn't! (Well, apart from the fact that you can visit other towns, but hopefully you get what I mean) Haha. :)

I really like the idea of being able to play games on the island with random people (is that on the resort island?) as I don't have anyone in real life that I can just call on to play a mini game, and this will make the games feel more competitive.

I'm alright with the island so far, the minigame addition was cool of them. This is me talking without ever playing New Leaf though. xD My opinion might change in the future or something.

I'm definitely not disappointed in the least. I can't wait to play worldwide and trade and buy regional items and meet new people and experience other cultures through the spectrum of animal crossing. :)

I love it! I went there for the first time at a friend's last night - had a blast diving, catching fish and playing mini games together.

I never got to experience the island for the GC version. I never got a link cable for my Gameboy. I knew what it was like, and I guess the new one's okay. I wish there were animals from other towns that visited it, and they could move to your village after you talk to them or something.

I have not even seen this island and so I have literally no ideas of what you all are talking about...

Back