• And we're back! Mushroom Season continues on The Bell Tree with an all-new mysterious set of Foraged Mushrooms. Good luck foraging and identifying!

Is the mushroom event making anyone else hungry for mushrooms you haven’t had in ages?

pancake2

Unhindered Coconut
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Puffobello Foraged Mushroom
Golden Booton Foraged Mushroom
Duroc Porkini Foraged Mushroom
Ken of the Woods Foraged Mushroom
We-made-too-many Foraged Mushroom
Frogstool Foraged Mushroom
The Portabelltree Foraged Mushroom
Fertile Foraged Mushroom
Oblivia's Ugly Foraged MSPaintshroom
Fuchsia Trombone Spore Foraged Mushroom
The bronzed bushwhacker reminds me of straw mushrooms, which as I think about it I don’t even know the last time I had any. I feel like Chinese restaurants near me used to use them as the default mushroom and I loved them, but in more recent years I’ve only gotten button mushrooms from even some of the same places. Must have gotten more expensive or something.

There was also a Chinese place near my sister’s college apartment that would use huge pieces of fresh shiitake mushrooms in their dishes and I loved it, they literally just cut the caps in half and that was it so you got a really delicious big bite of them. Since my sister graduated I have no reason to be in that area but I miss that place.

And then at yet another Chinese restaurant that I loved but has closed now (this one was in Canada), they had a dish with noodles and just SO many types of mushrooms. One of the types they used was a wood ear mushroom and I think I’ve still never had that anywhere else, they were so unique and I loved them. The whole restaurant was amazing cuz everything was vegetarian and they had SO many options and I don’t know that I’ll ever find another place that’s quite the same, it’s so sad they closed.

Basically I guess I just want to find a time machine specifically for the purpose of getting mushroom dishes from Chinese restaurants 😂

Back