• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
It's Rolf's birthday! He's my favourite cranky. His birthday guest is Fuchsia, who looks fabulous in her party dress. 🎉
rolf-birthday1.jpg

It's also the Bug-Off today. And Dom, who never does anything half-heartedly, had some helpful advice for me.
bugoff-13.jpg

It's always great to see Kicks at the plaza. I think he's cool! But I don't buy much from him. My player character usually has just a handful of bags and shoes to wear and co-ordinate with. Still, it's way more than what I own in real life, which is exactly 3 pairs of shoes. :LOL: Because, here in the tropical concrete jungle, a good comfortable pair of sport sandals is really all you need to take you to most places. 🏝
kicks1-b.jpg

To me, the best part of AC is interacting with the animals. I rarely bother with terraforming or decorating my island and I only change outfits when I feel like it. My player character dresses comfortably, steers clear of pink, likes hats and accessories. I'm the same in real life except for hats and accessories. I don't need them. I throw on a black shirt and old bermudas and I'm good to go. I have to admit, sometimes, it's fun to play dress up. In the game, that is.
myoutfits-mon1.jpg

myoutfits-mon2.jpg

My two oldest islanders are my two cranky guys, Rolf and Wolfgang. On this rare occasion, I found them to be anything but cranky as they ran around the plaza like little kids high on too much candy. :D
wg-running4.jpg

Waaaaah! A Japanese player has created an island dedicated to Houzuki no Reitetsu! This manga and anime series, about the super efficient, deadpan, no-nonsense deputy to the king of Hell, is simply awesome. I have a gorgeously detailed figure of Houzuki-san I'd bought in Tokyo some years ago. It sits on my bookshelf and I just love looking at it. The dream island is called Narakaniraya. I had a lot of fun exploring and going "Ooh!" and "Ah!" when I recognized something. Although I made a lot of screenshots, I'll post a non-spoiler one.
dream-narakaniraya2.jpg

This is Narakaniraya's dream address: DA-8905-4094-4967.

Lately I've been unlocking lots of new dialogue with my islanders! It's such a treat. I love hearing something new. All that time spent interacting with my animal friends is paying off... unless my memory has become so sieve-like, that I'm actually forgetting I've heard all these conversations before! :p:LOL:
fuchsia-coffee1.jpg

I like my coffee black. But I enjoy a good cappuccino too. The local coffee, which uses robusta beans roasted in butter, is another one I enjoy. It used to be that when I was much younger I'd drink up to 6 cups of coffee a day and be happy about it. Now I have to watch my coffee intake because of heartburn. o_O
fuchsia-coffee2.jpg

I miss Brewster and his cafe.

What is Zucker thinking about when he sits all by himself by the sea, with just the moai statues and a pale moon for company? Is he remembering his life in a different place? Does he miss his family? I love taking night time pictures of my islanders when they are all by their lonesome, but it also makes me wish I could go to them and hug them a little bit. I don't know if they need the hug... but I know I feel like I need to give one.
zucker-nightatbeach.jpg

Tutu's house is very pretty in pink, full of little red hearts, ribbons and ruffles. I wouldn't be able to live in a room like this without feeling like my sanity is getting eroded by the second but, hey, different strokes for different folks! I love that this game is not afraid to give us a crazy variety of animal villagers with different looks, different personalities and different lifestyles. ❤🖤💙💛💚
tutu-cleans.jpg

Sherb is my newest move-in! I met him on a mystery island. He's cuter than I thought he would be just going by the pictures I've seen, so I invited him. With Sherb, I now have 3 islanders with the lazy personality. Which is perfectly fine by me! I like the lazy villager for their childlike approach to the world. They are often filled with simple wonder at the things that the rest of us so-called adults take for granted. I like that. A lot.
sherb-andme-b.jpg

Back