• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Players on reddit were having fun with the Mary Poppins stunt. I got curious, so I gave it a shot. :D Doing this totally reminds me of all the flying dreams I've had, except that I didn't need a red balloon in my dreams. I like flying dreams. They're definitely better than the falling ones. o_O (Click on the spoiler for the unedited screenshot.)
float1-b.jpg

float1-smol.jpg

Tangy and Zucker are a pair of neighbours I haven't seen hanging out together. I've spotted Zucker talking with Fuchsia, Rolf and Claude, and Tangy mostly interacts with Raymond and Fuchsia. Anyway, it's always feels good to see any of my islanders taking the time to simply relax and enjoy the mild weather!
tangy-zucker-relax1-b.jpg

I love your journal! The pictures and the text. Reading your take on the cute daily events and interactions that make animal crossing so comforting and charming help me feel even more immersed in my own game.

I love your journal! The pictures and the text. Reading your take on the cute daily events and interactions that make animal crossing so comforting and charming help me feel even more immersed in my own game.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and letting me know! :giggle:

AC is such a special game. It can be played in so many ways. That's why I also enjoy seeing other people's screenshots and visiting dream islands. Somehow, when I return to my own island, I feel so glad to be, well, home. Everyone's island is special to someone. It's awesome that the game allows us so much room to be creative and, at the same time, to be ourselves.

I love it when I visit a dream island and find that the player has left gifts like balloons and bubble blowers for the visitor to enjoy. It's thoughtful and fun, something for me to amuse myself with in the dream, at no cost to the island's owner. To all those who have done this: Thank You! 🎁😃
dreamisland-bubbles.jpg

Today, I had a dream of an island that is filled with flowers and colours! I've always enjoyed colourfulness be it in a painting, a game or in a shop window. So I had a blast of a time exploring @WaileaNoRei's island of Wailea. It feels tropical and laidback, and the colourful flowers everywhere are a feast for my eyes.
dreamisland-wailea.jpg

This is Wailea's dream address: DA-6054-4182-2399.

I caught Sherb trying to work out today by the beach. Going by the expressions he was making, I was just a little worried he'd hurt something. :LOL: Since moving in, I haven't seen Sherb interacting with anyone except Zucker, who shares the lazy personality. But it's only been a few days so I'll be patient and keep an eye out at the same time. :)
sherb-workingout-b.jpg

Today, I had a dream of an island that is filled with flowers and colours! I've always enjoyed colourfulness be it in a painting, a game or in a shop window. So I had a blast of a time exploring @WaileaNoRei's island of Wailea. It feels tropical and laidback, and the colourful flowers everywhere are a feast for my eyes.
View attachment 320131

This is Wailea's dream address: DA-6054-4182-2399.

oh my goodness! Thank you so much for visiting, and for the feedback! I too really love a lot of color, and tropical and laid back is just what I was going for!

And I love that you took your picture in Tabby’s yard, it’s one of my favorite areas I’ve designed.

Love your island journal, by the way. I’m working on trying to establish mine right now, and it’s inspiring to see how much you’ve done with yours.

oh my goodness! Thank you so much for visiting, and for the feedback! I too really love a lot of color, and tropical and laid back is just what I was going for!

And I love that you took your picture in Tabby’s yard, it’s one of my favorite areas I’ve designed.

Wailea is a pleasure to visit! The colourfulness made me happy. Also, I didn't get lost, I love islands that are easy to navigate. It's apparent to me that a lot of work went into your island. Awesome job.

I didn't get to visit Tabby at home because she was outside but I like how her house exterior looks. Love the earthy, tropical island vibe.

Love your island journal, by the way. I’m working on trying to establish mine right now, and it’s inspiring to see how much you’ve done with yours.

Thank you for stopping by! My journal is just a compilation of screenshots because I enjoy making them so much. For me, the game is all about my islanders so, for as long as they're on my island, I like taking as many meaningful screenshots of them as I can. If only more players would keep journals here. I lurk a lot and enjoy reading other players' journals too. It's a great way to experience other people's play styles and islands without actually visiting them.

It's Fuchsia's birthday today! Zucker was already there, dressed to the nines, when I walked in. And Fuchsia looked like a million dollars. 🎉 👏 The party mood was pretty impressive. All the time when I was trying to take a few good photos, I couldn't help smiling. I say trying because the colours in Fuchsia's house kept trying to eat her up.
fuchsia-birthday1-b.jpg

I caught Sherb trying to work out today by the beach. Going by the expressions he was making, I was just a little worried he'd hurt something. :LOL: Since moving in, I haven't seen Sherb interacting with anyone except Zucker, who shares the lazy personality. But it's only been a few days so I'll be patient and keep an eye out at the same time. :)
View attachment 320138
I have Sherb too. Today he tricked Bree into smelling him, which was unsurprisingly a very unpleasant experience for her. I love the lazy personality, but I only have one of them at the moment. I bet their interactions are adorable, I might eventually have to say goodbye to one of my current villagers to get the chance to see that. I get so attached though.

Zucker looks quite dapper in his fancy suit and top hat.

I have Sherb too. Today he tricked Bree into smelling him, which was unsurprisingly a very unpleasant experience for her. I love the lazy personality, but I only have one of them at the moment. I bet their interactions are adorable, I might eventually have to say goodbye to one of my current villagers to get the chance to see that. I get so attached though.

Zucker looks quite dapper in his fancy suit and top hat.

Oh yes, I've seen Zucker interact with Claude (also a lazy personality) and it was cute! Their conversation made me laugh out loud. Sherb has visited Zucker in his home but I've yet to see Sherb interact with Claude or the other residents. I will definitely keep an eye out though! And I pluck my eyeball out and hurl it across the island...

Can't agree more, he does look dapper! :D

I've taken many peeks at your journal; I've seen your pictures and musings about Sherb. I'm just... kind of scared to comment in anyone else's journal (have not done that even though I lurk furiously in some island journals here) because I don't feel I have anything interesting to say. Your island and screenshots are fabulous. (y)

Last edited:
It's been raining non-stop for more than 24 hours now on my island. :LOL:☔ Not that I really mind it. I like the rain in real life. It's always a welcome respite from the tropical heat I'm subject to all year long. In the game, though, I think the rain does keep my islanders from doing what they usually do in the plaza, so I miss that. I've been visiting most of them in their homes today. From my experience, the ones most likely to venture outside despite the rain are Raymond, Zucker and Dom. Raymond waxes lyrical about the benefits of an umbrella; Zucker tells me to think of rainbows; Dom zooms around like the hyperactive jock that he is, rain or no rain.
autumn-rainonbeach-b2.jpg

Oh yes, I've seen Zucker interact with Claude (also a lazy personality) and it was cute! Their conversation made me laugh out loud. Sherb has visited Zucker in his home but I've yet to see Sherb interact with Claude or the other residents. I will definitely keep an eye out though! And I pluck my eyeball out and hurl it across the island...

Can't agree more, he does look dapper! :D

I've taken many peeks at your journal; I've seen your pictures and musings about Sherb. I'm just... kind of scared to comment in anyone else's journal (have not done that even though I lurk furiously in some island journals here) because I don't feel I have anything interesting to say. Your island and screenshots are fabulous. (y)
I think the Sherb/Bree moment is the most unexpected villager interaction I've seen so far out of my villager conversations. It was really strange in a cute way, I actually chuckled.

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say:) my Sherb post was more than a little silly and odd; to be honest I felt kind of self-conscious after I posted it. But this community is so nice in general, that I feel safe occasionally stepping outside of my comfort zone. Island journals are my favorite part.

Hearing Fuchsia talk about her grandparents made me feel like... I actually have more in common with them than with Fuchsia. :eek: I lived through a period in time when all photos and all tv programs were only in black and white. Only rotary dial telephones existed. There was no remote control. I used and loved the typewriter. I was familiar with vinyl records and music cassette tapes. I didn't see a computer until I was a teen. I didn't use one until I was a young adult. It amazes me how far we've come in terms of technology. I feel like a fossil now. Bury me. 🤪
fuchsia-grandp1.jpg

fuchsia-grandp2.jpg

The rain stopped and we had a beautiful, blue afternoon sky. The plaza was a hive of activity! Raymond and Tutu were doing yoga while Label looked on. Then Dom decided to conduct a workout with his neighbours. But Rolf and Sherb look like they've both pulled something they shouldn't have pulled. Or something. :LOL::eek::oops:
autumn-workout4-b.jpg

Last evening, I looked out of our living room window and thought, that's a Bob Ross sunset! The sky was pink-purple, with happy little clouds here and there and a wash of light golden hues in the distance. The sight made me glad to be alive. Today, in the game, we had a gorgeous pink-purple sunset as well. And, to my surprise and delight, Tangy and Dom gave me their photos. 😮🖼💕
autumn-sunset3-b.jpg

Discussion threads about time-travelling made me rummage through my file of old screenshots. I found these. 😭 To find Raymond, I had used the campsite method which requires time-travelling. I'm neither for nor against the practice of tt-ing. But I wasn't prepared for my residents' reaction. It filled me with guilt. I don't tt anymore on the same scale because I have no reason to. (The campsite method was brutal for me. Never again.) Seeing these screenshots still fills me with sadness that I'd caused them so much distress. 😔
tt-tangy-b.jpg

tt-claude2-b.jpg

Back