• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
It's Rolf's birthday! He's my favourite cranky. His birthday guest is Fuchsia, who looks fabulous in her party dress. 🎉
rolf-birthday1.jpg

It's also the Bug-Off today. And Dom, who never does anything half-heartedly, had some helpful advice for me.
bugoff-13.jpg

It's always great to see Kicks at the plaza. I think he's cool! But I don't buy much from him. My player character usually has just a handful of bags and shoes to wear and co-ordinate with. Still, it's way more than what I own in real life, which is exactly 3 pairs of shoes. :LOL: Because, here in the tropical concrete jungle, a good comfortable pair of sport sandals is really all you need to take you to most places. 🏝
kicks1-b.jpg

To me, the best part of AC is interacting with the animals. I rarely bother with terraforming or decorating my island and I only change outfits when I feel like it. My player character dresses comfortably, steers clear of pink, likes hats and accessories. I'm the same in real life except for hats and accessories. I don't need them. I throw on a black shirt and old bermudas and I'm good to go. I have to admit, sometimes, it's fun to play dress up. In the game, that is.
myoutfits-mon1.jpg

myoutfits-mon2.jpg

My two oldest islanders are my two cranky guys, Rolf and Wolfgang. On this rare occasion, I found them to be anything but cranky as they ran around the plaza like little kids high on too much candy. :D
wg-running4.jpg

Waaaaah! A Japanese player has created an island dedicated to Houzuki no Reitetsu! This manga and anime series, about the super efficient, deadpan, no-nonsense deputy to the king of Hell, is simply awesome. I have a gorgeously detailed figure of Houzuki-san I'd bought in Tokyo some years ago. It sits on my bookshelf and I just love looking at it. The dream island is called Narakaniraya. I had a lot of fun exploring and going "Ooh!" and "Ah!" when I recognized something. Although I made a lot of screenshots, I'll post a non-spoiler one.
dream-narakaniraya2.jpg

This is Narakaniraya's dream address: DA-8905-4094-4967.

Lately I've been unlocking lots of new dialogue with my islanders! It's such a treat. I love hearing something new. All that time spent interacting with my animal friends is paying off... unless my memory has become so sieve-like, that I'm actually forgetting I've heard all these conversations before! :p:LOL:
fuchsia-coffee1.jpg

I like my coffee black. But I enjoy a good cappuccino too. The local coffee, which uses robusta beans roasted in butter, is another one I enjoy. It used to be that when I was much younger I'd drink up to 6 cups of coffee a day and be happy about it. Now I have to watch my coffee intake because of heartburn. o_O
fuchsia-coffee2.jpg

I miss Brewster and his cafe.

What is Zucker thinking about when he sits all by himself by the sea, with just the moai statues and a pale moon for company? Is he remembering his life in a different place? Does he miss his family? I love taking night time pictures of my islanders when they are all by their lonesome, but it also makes me wish I could go to them and hug them a little bit. I don't know if they need the hug... but I know I feel like I need to give one.
zucker-nightatbeach.jpg

Tutu's house is very pretty in pink, full of little red hearts, ribbons and ruffles. I wouldn't be able to live in a room like this without feeling like my sanity is getting eroded by the second but, hey, different strokes for different folks! I love that this game is not afraid to give us a crazy variety of animal villagers with different looks, different personalities and different lifestyles. ❤🖤💙💛💚
tutu-cleans.jpg

Sherb is my newest move-in! I met him on a mystery island. He's cuter than I thought he would be just going by the pictures I've seen, so I invited him. With Sherb, I now have 3 islanders with the lazy personality. Which is perfectly fine by me! I like the lazy villager for their childlike approach to the world. They are often filled with simple wonder at the things that the rest of us so-called adults take for granted. I like that. A lot.
sherb-andme-b.jpg

Back