• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Lolly was enjoying a stroll by the river, stopping under a sakura tree to sing a little song to herself. I'm going to miss the cherry blossoms so much when the season is over. I've only seen cherry blossoms once in real life when I visited Japan. I remember walking, the brisk spring breeze in my face as the white and pink petals danced and swirled in the air. It was a bit like seeing snow come down for the first time. It was magical. 🌸 🌸 🌸
apr8-lolly.jpg

It's always a pleasure to see Kicks even though I've already bought all the shoes and bags I'll ever need. I talk to him just to see his tail do that excited little swish. No, no, I'm not fixated on animal tails.
apr9-kflip.jpg

Tasha's moved in. I spotted her having a conversation with Tangy and joined her by the river when she was having her mid-morning snack. I think she likes it here. 🙂
apr9-sittogether.jpg

The fishing tourney takes place on the last day of the cherry blossom season. Which is, if you asked me, an unfortunate case of timing. I'd rather have something special happen on this day. Hanami, for instance. I'd rather be able to see all my residents out and about and enjoying the sakura by dressing in kimono, walking leisurely and having picnics under the cherry blossom trees, taking photos and sharing seasonal anecdotes. I just want to see my islanders having fun.
apr10-fishingtourney.jpg

That's my snapshot of the day: my newest move-in (Tasha) and my oldest islander (Claude is the only remaining one of the first 5 residents on Littlestar) fishing together.

Really, Raymond? What are you, a moth?
apr12-brightlights.jpg

What I actually said to Raymond was, if he left, I'd have no one to turn to for fashion advice. I'd start putting shoes on my head and shirts on my ears. The other islanders would mock me mercilessly. Or worse, take after my example. Littlestar would never be the same again!
apr12-brightlights2.jpg

YES! 😏
apr12-brightlights3.jpg

Wait! What!? Where's my hug! COME BACK! YOU SAID WE'D HUG IT OUT! I WANT MY HUG! MY HUG!!! 🥺😒 In other news, I actually found a new DIY today. I can't remember the last time that happened. 🤨
apr12-newdiy.jpg
I'd rather have a bonsai shelf DIY. It's been over a year! 😑🤪

Yikes. The last time I posted a screenshot of Wolfgang reading was Feb 7! This will not do! Here, have a Most Voracious Reader screenshot. I found him reading at the river today. 📖
apr18-wgreads-c.jpg

In other and rather earth-shattering news, I'VE FINALLY LEARNED TO CRAFT A BONSAI SHELF! 😲🥳 I have been waiting for this DIY recipe for over a year. It came from Octavian, who has been here for the shortest time compared to all the other cranky villagers who have lived here on my island. My dear, sweet-grumpy, laconic, low-key Octavian. THANK YOU! 🥰 I ran all the way home and crafted 3 at once. 😁
apr18-bonsaishelf.jpg

Congrats on the Bonsai Shelf! 🎊
I follow your journal daily so I've been rooting for you to finally find that pesky DIY.​

Raymond asked me to find his lost notebook and I had to look everywhere for it. Eventually it turned up in a place where my islanders are rarely seen, in the quiet, deserted northern part where the bamboo forest and zen garden are. I was happy to return it to Raymond but, no, I did not blindfold myself after finding the notebook like Raymond had ordered suggested. I said I never looked inside and that's that. 🙈
apr19-lostitem-ray.jpg

If not for Claude, I wouldn't have realized Redd was visiting. Even though, earlier, I had walked all over the island looking for Raymond's notebook. I should've spotted Redd's boat! This is how I operate even in real life. I once walked past a good friend at the mall. Neither of us spotted the other. It was my husband who said, "Oy! Look who's here!" This happens often. My conclusion is that my husband is the type who looks at people. I don't. When I'm outside, I look at stuff. I avoid people. 😅
apr19-claude1.jpg

apr19-claude2.jpg

Nope, Redd had no new painting or sculpture to sell me. 😑

For a change, Dom wasn't running around like he had a train to catch. He was just quietly watering the flowers outside the museum. But I suspect his watering can is half-filled with rocks to make it heavier. There's just no way Dom would give up working out, even for a single moment on a peaceful spring morning! 🏋️‍♂️
apr21-domwaters.jpg

Our Most Voracious Reader, Wolfgang, found the perfect reading spot under the cherry trees. 📚
apr20-wgreads-b.jpg

Twilight, when the warm glow of the sunset lingers as the first stars twinkle into view, is beautiful. I was feeling contemplative. Probably because I'd watched the first episode of one of this spring season's new anime, Fumetsu no Anata e, and I feel I will remember it forever. There is more story—and more feels—in those 20 minutes than what most movies struggle to produce in two hours. I cried like a baby. My eyes still feel sore.
apr22-twilightstars.jpg

Marshal's sad face is really sad! 😥
apr27-sky1.jpg

apr27-sky2.jpg

When I was a kid, I hardly ever cried. After falling down or getting hit or scolded, I would just glare at you instead of cry. Because I was too busy being angry or mortified at myself. As a teenager and adult, I was mostly angry. Now, as an over-the-hill elderly middle-aged person, I've swung to the other extreme, and I get teary easily. It's the oddest thing. I cry when I watch a movie or read a book. Frankly, it's embarrassing. I want to be that stoic, mildly creepy, never-gonna-make-me-cry kid again. Because crying is tiring and messy. 😑🤪

I think... they disapprove. 😅
apr28-drinkinhand-b.jpg

In other news, Tangy has left us to go on another adventure. I will miss her. Even though she's a peppy, she never caused anyone any trouble. (Unlike little Pompom, who lived on my island early on and got into arguments pretty often. 🤪 ) Tangy was amiable and low-key, doing yoga on the beach or singing at the plaza, even when it was raining. We made many happy memories. Maybe our paths will cross again someday.
tangy-ab-tile.jpg

Mystery island-hopping is going to be fun. 😀🏝

So mystery island hopping was filled with normal and sporty animals! And Patty and Naomi. Whenever I island-hop, Patty and Naomi never fail to turn up to say hi. 😅 I was on my 30th ticket when I spotted this little guy. He looks like he has duck duct tape for eyebrows! It was love at first sight. 😀
apr29-joeymovesin.jpg

PS. Updated the resident roster graphic.

Last edited:
So I got accidentally bitten by a wasp. You learn early in the game how never to get bitten. Today, however, I was going after a long locust and started shaking a tree instead of swinging my net because I was too close to the tree. Being in an awkward spot, and surprised, the wasps got me good. But I thought, hey, this is a good opportunity to visit my islanders and see how they react. Some were impressed. Others not so. But Dom was just rude! 🤪
may2-waspbitten-tile.jpg

I love Fuchsia! She was ready to serve some justice on my behalf! ❤ Octavian, Wolfgang, Tasha and Raymond gave me medicine. Speaking of Raymond, he made me laugh. 🤣
may2-raybuzz-tile.jpg

He did give me medicine, so I forgive him. I even helped him to remove his own foot from his mouth afterward. 😅
may2-4ay5.jpg

Back