• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Island Living: A Photo Journal

Island/Town Name
Littlestar
Hemisphere
North
Today, I woke up feeling like I need to run around my island with a red balloon. Just run as fast as I can and feel the breeze on my face and the fear in my veins that I might trip and fall and lose my balloon. 🎈😱
may4-balloonandme.jpg

That didn't happen. Instead, I discovered that Tasha couldn't resist commenting on my balloon! Was she being sarcastic? That I have no real friends? But I like being friends with all my... stuff!
may4-tashaballoon.jpg

Now I have to go and talk to every single one of my islanders to see what they have to say. 😀

So yesterday I went around talking to everyone with my balloon. Joey had an interesting perspective on it.
may4-joey1-tile.jpg

His angry face cracked me up. It's too cute. 😅 In other news, I was surprised by my campsite visitor. I had Ketchup before in my New Leaf game. She's adorable. I'm seriously tempted to move her in. I have the rest of the day to think about it. And I'm terrible at thinking. 🤔
may5-ketchup.jpg

So I did try to invite Ketchup. But, boy, did she have excuses not to move! 😐
ketchup-1-tile.jpg

ketchup-3-tile.jpg

Even after I persisted and won the game, she... ! 🤨
ketchup-6-tile.jpg

But, mostly I gave up because, to move her in, I had to give up Fuchsia or Joey. Joey's name came up 3 times. Then she mentioned Raymond. I noped right out of that tent. 😱 Today, I carried a pinwheel around. And discovered that my islanders will comment on it, just like they had before on my balloon! Now I have to talk to everyone again! 😀
may6-pin1.jpg

may6-pin2.jpg

Noticed Joey's reaction? 😆

The bubble blower is probably my favourite of all the handheld items. But while I was going around talking to my islanders with it in one hand, I'd accidentally actually blow bubbles! If only it wasn't a single-use item. 😑
may8-wg1-tile.jpg

I love my lazy islanders so much. They're simply adorable! Joey, my newest move-in, is growing on me. There's something oddly grown-up about his demeanor despite being a lazy. His little beady eyes, somehow, always remind me of Professor Layton's. 😅
may4-lazychitchat.jpg

Raymond cracks me up. 😁
may12-r1.jpg

may12-r2.jpg

may12-r3.jpg

Compliments scare me, frankly. In my culture, when receiving a compliment, we aren't supposed to say thank you. We're supposed to downplay whatever quality the compliment refers to, to indicate that we're not deserving. So I grew up convinced that compliments are not things to feel happy about. I'd rather not receive compliments. I'd panic when anyone actually said anything nice to me. 😱 Now that I'm older, I say thank you first, then panic. 🤪

I like how blue the sea was today. Also, Isn't it weird that we sit on chairs with our legs sticking straight out? Why aren't our knees working?
may15-justchillin.jpg

Tasha was taking it easy at the mushroom forest. She was probably enjoying how green the grass is.
may15-tasha-b.jpg

If the opportunity presents itself, Tasha will be the next to leave. I like her design a lot but the snooty personality still feels unappealing to me. I just can't relate or appreciate. 😔 In other news, I'm addicted to playing Dorfromantik. It's so beautiful to look at! And very relaxing to play. But it's also a strategy game, so it can be pretty challenging if you're looking to make a high score. 👍

Last night was wonderful. I started watching the skies at twilight for shooting stars. They're so pretty. 😀🌠
may16-stars3-b.jpg

Today, the weather was beautiful. Kicks was visiting. I didn't need any shoes but it's always good to see Kicks again.
may17-tile.jpg

Noticed how we had a change of clothes at some point in time? 🤨 Well, Fuchsia and Raymond did it to have a workout. I just changed to earn some easy Nook Miles. 😅

So when Isabelle made her announcement this morning...
may18-annt.jpg

...I actually dropped my jaw and stared at the screen for a few seconds. Wha-? Is it-? Brewster? BREWSTER!? OMG ARE WE GETTING BREWSTER AT LAST!? 😱😲😱 Of course not. It's only the International Museum Day event. And my brain was just having its Daily Elderly Moment. 😑😬😩

The other day I found Tasha moping around and I saved this screenshot of her and now I know how she feels...
may19-donttalk.jpg

... I've just watched episode 5 of Fumetsu no Anata e and... what am I supposed to do with all these tears? 😭

Lolly, we will get along like a house on fire! I have craft supplies like you wouldn't believe. Acrylic or watercolour paints, polymer clay, paper clay, stacks of paper for origami and anything else you want to do with paper, glue of the washable variety to the industrial strength types, stamps, ink, embellishments, stickers, beads, crystals, leather, cloth, tapes, wires, pliers, cutters, scissors, blades, needles, felt, wool... Lolly, what are you waiting for, come on over! 🤪
may29-letterfromlolly.jpg

Octavian and Fuchsia were talking. Out of the blue, total shock registered on their faces. That cracked me up! 😆
may22-oct-fuchsia1.jpg

I later asked Fuchsia what had happened.
may22-oct-fuchsia2.jpg

I guess that explains it! If I met another woman my age (or any age, really) who likes the same music I do, I'd be shocked too. None of my friends or even family shares the same likes or hobbies I have. That's why when British rock band Def Leppard performed here some years ago, I attended it with my fangirl self. I had such a blast! Nothing beats the excitement of attending a live concert. 🤩

It's always a pleasure to see Flick. The first time I saw him, I thought he was the coolest NPC! I still think so. If there was an option to choose just one visiting NPC to become a permanent islander, Flick would be my choice.
may24-flick.jpg

"Be honest"!? I take umbrage at your remark, Tasha. Are you suggesting I haven't been honest with you!? 😑🤪
may25-tasha.jpg

The selfie business is, simply, none of my business. I'm one of those strange people who hates getting photographed. I go for years without getting myself photographed. The exception is when I absolutely need a new and recent picture for a passport application, official documents, etc. I travel and take plenty of photographs when I do. But I don't put myself in the photos. Why would I want to ruin a perfectly good shot? 😩 One time, my husband took a couple of photos of me in a new outfit I was very pleased with. I made him delete them. 😑 After many years of training, my family and close friends never ask to take a photo of me again. They also don't include me in group photos. Mission accomplished! 😆🥳 I don't think selfies are bad or anything. Raymond loves selfies, and that's fine. So Tasha, go ahead. Nothing wrong with doing selfies as often as you want. If it makes you happy, run with it. Selfies aren't for me, that's all. Different strokes for different folks.

Back