• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

`Jason's Gallery`

Decided to do a drawing of my World of Warcraft character, done it from scratch and the production of it spanned over a few days. End product had something like 120 layers xD

Rash.png

Jas0n said:
Decided to do a drawing of my World of Warcraft character, done it from scratch and the production of it spanned over a few days. End product had something like 120 layers xD

Rash.png
Pretty good. ;)

Jas0n said:

Rash.png
Looks pretty good, although i'm not liking how the coloring gets over the outline. Most of the shading is done pretty good, nice job.

Thunderstruck said:
Jas0n said:

Rash.png
Looks pretty good, although i'm not liking how the coloring gets over the outline. Most of the shading is done pretty good, nice job.
I could have easily edited that but I was lazy and figured it looked alright anyway. If I ever do something like this again I'll probably spend more time to work out the kinks, as this drawing does have quite a few (such as the bit of shading on the hair that isn't quite blurred enough and it's bugging me >_>)

Jas0n said:
Thunderstruck said:
Jas0n said:

Rash.png
I could have easily edited that but I was lazy and figured it looked alright anyway. If I ever do something like this again I'll probably spend more time to work out the kinks, as this drawing does have quite a few (such as the bit of shading on the hair that isn't quite blurred enough and it's bugging me >_>)
Really? I actually kind of liked the way the hair looked, heh.

Urgh... I really need to fix my gallery. I'll do that tomorrow, it's late now.

Anyway, I made a new sig, first actual sig in a while:
KataraSig1.png

Urgh... I really need to fix my gallery. I'll do that tomorrow, it's late now.

Anyway, I made a new sig, first actual sig in a while:
KataraSig1.png

Nice Katara Sig.

for the WOW character, I recommend that you try something called post production, merge all the layers and erase the color that bleeds outside the line art. You can also add shine to the armor by erasing small dots and adding little detail with color value.

Nice Katara Sig.

for the WOW character, I recommend that you try something called post production, merge all the layers and erase the color that bleeds outside the line art. You can also add shine to the armor by erasing small dots and adding little detail with color value.

I was going to go and clean it up, erase the colour that bled outside the lineart etc. but my layers were so horribly messy that I couldn't be bothered to go through and find out which ones were the bleeding ones, though I probably should have thought about merging ?_?

I'll keep the shine tips and such in mind for next time I draw something, thanks 8D

Jason's Gallery is now fully supported by vBulletin 8D Had to cut out 20 images but I still have a nice selection of my work.

Yeah.. I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my gallery. I'll probably just make another post in my topic with the rest of my work and then link to it on the first post because of the image limit.

Yeah.. I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my gallery. I'll probably just make another post in my topic with the rest of my work and then link to it on the first post because of the image limit.

I was debating making a new thread so that I could have the 2nd post in the thread so they were all grouped together but I figured 30 images were enough. Might be an idea for you though.

I like them both but from a critiquing standpoint the first one is washed out because there's too much of the same color going on. You want to go with an Analogous color scheme for this kind of thing, and the second one with the different hues of green as well as yellow and oranges does that quite well. Fancy work.

If the text of the first was in the same position as the second, I'd say that.

Back