• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

I've been desperately chaining for a shiny Skiddo. But twice now, I've gotten a chain into the 80s, and then I accidentally break it.

:( :( :( Really upsetting, it's the only shiny I want, haha.

I've been desperately chaining for a shiny Skiddo. But twice now, I've gotten a chain into the 80s, and then I accidentally break it.

Good luck! Dang, a chain in the 80's: that's impressive. I can never get more than 3... I guess Pokeradar isn't user friendly XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Idk... Hoping to get a shiny eevee

If I could transfer from White right now I could give you one... I was a trading maniac a couple years ago XD

You shouldn't increase the chain once it gets past 40, the odds don't get any better and you only increase the chances of it breaking for no reason, just reset and keep going until you see the shiny grass patch.

You shouldn't increase the chain once it gets past 40, the odds don't get any better and you only increase the chances of it breaking for no reason, just reset and keep going until you see the shiny grass patch.

Ah, I thought you just had to keep chaining after you hit 40.

I've been using this Tumblr user's tutorial.

So basically, what I do is:
- Get to a chain of 40.
- Use the PokeRadar.
- If there's no shiny patch, don't go into any of the patches that shook.
- Re-charge the PokeRadar and use it again.

Correct? Sorry, I'm still new to this, haha.

Last edited:
I know I don't have pokemon x or y but I do have black 2, white, soulsilver, diamond, platinum.
On pokemon black 2 I encountered a shiny foongus! It is my second real wild shiny encounter as I used the pokeradar in diamond to get a mightyena. I think it is kind of lucky.

Last edited:

- Get to a chain of 40.
- Use the PokeRadar.

This is how it was in Diamond Pearl and Platinum, I assume its the same in this game.

Would constantly using Sweet Scent in one spot of grass do anything similar to chain fishing? Trying it out now...

Is there a way to breed shinies? I have a timid gastly line going and I want a shiny timid gastly

- Get to a chain of 40.
- Use the PokeRadar.

That is correct :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I got shiny Gastly a while back with Masuda method, got it after around 15 eggs.

Would constantly using Sweet Scent in one spot of grass do anything similar to chain fishing? Trying it out now...

It is possible. Sweet sent attracts hordes, and because there are more pokemon in a horde, you are more likely to encounter a shiny.

Back