• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Fishing chain of 70 and I have yet to find my first ever shiny in my life. Old rod'ing Magikarp... I think I'm too expectant of this method working.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think I'm doing it right. A lot of people are saying that you have to cast out your reel so that it's touching rocks? I'm fishing on the edge of a wall in a river. The reel is touching the side of the river - is this a problem? I'd appreciate an answer guys!

The rock thing doesn't apply when chaining in the magikarp spot. As long as you have a pokemon with the suction cups ability at the head of your party, you should be good.

Keep going! You will get one eventually... :)

The rock thing doesn't apply when chaining in the magikarp spot. As long as you have a pokemon with the suction cups ability at the head of your party, you should be good.

Keep going! You will get one eventually... :)

Sorry, I'm confused. What's the purpose of suction cups in all this? :/ (I've tried chaining, however different pokemon kept showing up...)

Looking to trade shiny PIkachu, shiny wigglytuff, or shiny ursaring for a shiny spiritomb or shiny pumpkaboo, or shiny phantump.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm confused. What's the purpose of suction cups in all this? :/ (I've tried chaining, however different pokemon kept showing up...)

Having a suction cups Pokemon in the lead of your party increases the chances of finding a Pokemon when fishing.

Having a suction cups Pokemon in the lead of your party increases the chances of finding a Pokemon when fishing.

Breeding Litleo's atm, but every one so far has come out female. Are males rare or something or do I just have bizzare luck? :x

Well it sure feels like a lot more. I've breed like twenty five or so with only one male. I think I had at least seven or eight female eevees ;)

Well it sure feels like a lot more. I've breed like twenty five or so with only one male. I think I had at least seven or eight female eevees ;)
Wish I had your luck...
Bred more than a full box of eevees and not a single female :/ no shinies either, but that would be asking a little too much...

@above poster
Took me 13 female Pyroars in safari before I found a male.

Last edited:
I have a shiny polywhirl looking to trade another shiny for it please PM me your offers. Thanks

- - - Post Merge - - -

i have a jap ditto what is your offer ?

Willing to trade shiny phantump for shiny eevee

- - - Post Merge - - -

Btw I'll let it hold an ever stone so it doesn't evolve.

Apparently, looking for Ditto without special Pokes found me a fair-priced Japanese one. I've been chaining for a Shiny Chespin instead, and I've got spares, mostly male but 1 female. If you want a Chespin then PM me. Oh, I'll be chaining Noibat that I got through Wonder Trade too.

Apparently, looking for Ditto without special Pokes found me a fair-priced Japanese one. I've been chaining for a Shiny Chespin instead, and I've got spares, mostly male but 1 female. If you want a Chespin then PM me. Oh, I'll be chaining Noibat that I got through Wonder Trade too.

Good luck with your chaining! I have never seen a shiny chespin. Could you post a pic when you get it?

I am working on breeding a shiny furfrou.

I believe this is a real image of a shiny Chespin

110523-shiny-chespin-twitter.jpg

300 eggs in
there is no light
i cant see the sun only chespin
help me

I'd love to join, although I'm not that familiar with hunting for Shinies, I haven't catched one in my Pok?mon lifetime, which is almost 10 years.

Back