• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

2 boxes into the Shiny Chespin hunt
I'm giving them really bad nicknames too

Were you hatching for shinies too?

I was doing the same thing for Zouras, but at first it was just for a female. I actually hatched a lot of eggs after before I realized I had a shiny.

Just got shiny Gabite! :D

Nice! I always wanted one, though, I always wanted the shiny to be a bit more...interesting? I hate how some shinies are just a shade lighter/darker

I myself just hatched a Shiny Noibat after 400+ eggs but I regret nothing

Nice! I always wanted one, though, I always wanted the shiny to be a bit more...interesting? I hate how some shinies are just a shade lighter/darker

I myself just hatched a Shiny Noibat after 400+ eggs but I regret nothing

I needa get a masuda method shiny soon. It feels so good once you get it, used to be pro in Black/White 2.

Any way to see how many eggs you hatched? I lost count. Chatot eggs are the only eggs I've ever hatched so my total egg hatching will match the Chatot shiny attempt total.

I needa get a masuda method shiny soon. It feels so good once you get it, used to be pro in Black/White 2.
Omg, it does. One of the greatest feelings in the world. Have any particular shinies you plan to go after?

Any way to see how many eggs you hatched? I lost count. Chatot eggs are the only eggs I've ever hatched so my total egg hatching will match the Chatot shiny attempt total.

I know the game itself does, in a pokemon battle, it'll pop up on the top screen for I guess just a small fun fact while players decide on a move but besides that, I don't think there's a way to find out unless you count the eggs yourself.

@DemonOtaku
You should name A Seadra Cronus, rename the Kingdra Dualscar, and keep the plan to name the Horsea Eridan.
Just my 84 cents. .w.

Currently trying to breed for a shiny furfrou
1341 eggs later, nothin'.

Does anyone have any tips on getting shinies?

I haven't gotten one from several hundred eggs, nor have i gotten any from catching wild pokemon :(

There's more shiny horseas on the GTS than regular ones which is impressive. Lol at everyone wanting legendaries for them though.

Last edited:
Bred 1354 eggs. Gave up hope. Picked up my last egg before I took furfrou out of the daycare.

Running around lumiose hatching the last few eggs. The third egg took forever to hatch. It finally did. My last egg, my last shred of hope, and I did it.
v3mxio.jpg

Bred 1354 eggs. Gave up hope. Picked up my last egg before I took furfrou out of the daycare.

Running around lumiose hatching the last few eggs. The third egg took forever to hatch. It finally did. My last egg, my last shred of hope, and I did it.
v3mxio.jpg

Gratz ^^

Oh wow shiny Furfrou looks niccceeee ^^^ I'm kinda jelly~ ;)

I'm training shiny Zorua, so far so good. I wonder if anyone wants a shiny Golem, it is sort of special to me as it was my first legit shiny in any pokemon ever, but I just like some shinies better.

Got my 3rd shiny, through a trade.

I traded my female Protean Froakie for a Shiny (Y-exclusive too!) Dragalge.

I spent most of my day trying to get at least one shiny starter (Charmeleon and Braixen) and ended up with two shiny Ponyta. Not disappointed though because I didn't know whether evolve the one I had at the time

Last edited:
I spent most of my day trying to get at least one shiny starter (Charmeleon and Braixen) and ended up with two shiny Ponyta. Not disappointed though because I didn't whether evolve the one I had at the time

Wanna trade a shiny Ponyta for one of my shiny Jigglypuffs?

Sure, I have a male and a female. Do you want to give it a nickname because I already gave it one?

I would prefer it without a nickname, I don?t care which gender :)
Do you want me to nickname the jigglypuff? I only have males.

Back