• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

So yesterday at 8 am I arranged to trade with a dude on Serebii at 6pm. He never got on, and STILL hasn't come on. He better give me something extra >:c

Shiny evolution lines make me sad because when the next game comes along I don't have the previous shiny pokedex entry anymore.

Shiny evolution lines make me sad because when the next game comes along I don't have the previous shiny pokedex entry anymore.

That's true. That's why I catch two or three or the same Pokemon depending on how many are in the line, and evolve two of them. For instance, if I had three oshawott, I would evolve one into a dewott, one into a samurott, and keep one an oshawott. :)

Well yeah, that's what I already do, but with shinies it isn't that simple unless you clone them early.

You'll find one eventually. Stalk the friend safari non-stop, and you are sure to find one! :)
I have never found one in the safari. Got 4 from fishing, 1 from chaining, 1 from Masuda Method and 1 from a random encounter. If someone is desperate for shinies, I recommend fishing as it's the fastest - and then chaining for patient people.

I have never found one in the safari. Got 4 from fishing, 1 from chaining, 1 from Masuda Method and 1 from a random encounter. If someone is desperate for shinies, I recommend fishing as it's the fastest - and then chaining for patient people.
Hey um quick question about chain fishing can you run in the battles or do you have to kill them?

Last edited:
Never knew this thread existed before... I should visit the other boards more often evidently. I find piles of shinies, all the time. My friend hates me because whenever I get a new pokemon game I inevitably find at least one shiny before the Elite Four (this time it was horubi, the ground bunny thing). Heck I even got one in Pokemon Colosseum and that's supposed to be impossible.

I do not have a trade list at the moment but I was a Pokeradar king back in the day, so if anyone needs a chainable from Diamond or Pearl I almost certainly have at least one, PM me or something. Please note: My fourth gen stuff is mostly English language, anything from fifth and above is Japanese.

Anyway, I just completed a masuda breed today, Relicanth. Yes I know you can chain fish it, but I very specifically wanted an adamant in a dive ball with 4 or more 31s. I got him. 960 eggs hatched :)

I didn't know you could find shiny shadow pokemon in Colosseum. Though they don't keep shininess when caught which is stupid as hell.

No I've never seen one myself in Colosseum or XD.

I didn't know you could find shiny shadow pokemon in Colosseum. Though they don't keep shininess when caught which is stupid as hell.

No I've never seen one myself in Colosseum or XD.

On the contrary, one can catch a Pok?mon and have it be shiny once in your party or in the PC.
It's because the game checks the captor trainer's ID, SID, and checks that against the Pok?mon's PID.
Now, once the main character catches it, the same PID is compared to the Protagonist's ID and SID.
Overall, there is still a chance of a Shadow Pok?mon remaining Shiny, but the chance is represented by (4/65535) to the fourth power.

I'm calculating the actual number now.

That seems ridiculous. Its not like pokemon values are checked against your ID when you trade or in any situation outside of this. Probably easier to just have the same stats and values as when it is caught...

No nevermind, that actually makes perfect sense as to why that happens.

Last edited:
I've had no luck in the safari either :c
Lately I've been in a Ninetales safari I've found recently~

I've had no luck in the safari either :c
Lately I've been in a Ninetales safari I've found recently~

I've got both a shiny vulpix and a shiny ninetales x3

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was in the friend safari again searching for a shiny ponyta and found another shiny slugma. This one will we evolved into a magcargo. I love having complete evolution chains of shiny Pokemon!

I've never understood the need to have a shiny of every pokemon in the chain.. I'm quite happy with just having my shiny lopunny move to each gen with me since I got her.

So I got a pretty good shiny last week from IV Breeding with a 6 IV Japanese Ditto

x/31/31/31/31/31 Protean Froakie.

it looks so awesome black.

Back