Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Instacheck is more complicated, but it doesn't matter. You almost always had to have a friend help you considering Instacheck with the crashing and all anyways, so I'm excited for it.

Yeah, that's what I said. You always had to have a friend for it anyways because Instacheck usually crashed. Can't wait to start this up!

What are these Svs iv been hearing of?

SVs are 'Shiny Values' that everyone has. You can only find them out using Instacheck. If you find a Pokemon/hatch an egg that matches your SV, they are guranteed to be shiny. For example, my SV is 2080. If I hatch an egg with that SV, it will be shiny, no matter what. People used Instacheck to check both their SVs and egg SVs.

It stopped working for a while after the X/Y 1.2 update, but it will be working again in a month or so.

SVs are 'Shiny Values' that everyone has. You can only find them out using Instacheck. If you find a Pokemon/hatch an egg that matches your SV, they are guranteed to be shiny. For example, my SV is 2080. If I hatch an egg with that SV, it will be shiny, no matter what. People used Instacheck to check both their SVs and egg SVs.

It stopped working for a while after the X/Y 1.2 update, but it will be working again in a month or so.
Can you give me a Link to where i can get this instacheck?

Last edited:
If I recall, currently Instacheck is not working (the most recent update for X/Y screwed it up, but it should be back by the end of the month) and it tends to crash for most people, so you can't really check until then. Most of us found out ours before it stopped working, so when it does come out, there will be a big announcement on this thread.

We're all fans of that thing.

Can you give me a Link to where i can get this instacheck?

Instacheck doesn't work anymore, nor will it ever work again. However a new method, using an exploit involving battle videos being uploaded to pokecheck.org will allow us to find shiny values[not sure how we'll find our own SV's though{course, I already know mine. 3372!}]

While I was horde battling, I came across a shiny Murkrow. Jolly nature but crap IVs...

I switched into Talonflame while it used Wing Attack, and it contacted a burn. I think I got it at less than 5HP then xD

I caught a shiny Geodude in a horde battle in Victory Road.

They kept using Magnitude ;-;

It was terrifying.

Shiny Murkrow are so cool! I love that they're pink! :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I caught a shiny Geodude in a horde battle in Victory Road.

They kept using Magnitude ;-;

It was terrifying.

How were you able to catch it without it fainting? When they all use magnitude, they all die.

Aw, that would suck if that happened to me. Does anyone have a Froakie with good IVs and Protean? I'm going to need it to spam breed for my perfect IV shiny Greninja.

Black Greninja is wonderful.

Aw, that would suck if that happened to me. Does anyone have a Froakie with good IVs and Protean? I'm going to need it to spam breed for my perfect IV shiny Greninja.

Black Greninja is wonderful.

Protean Greninja is Satan.

Back