• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Join My Shiny Hunting Club!

Not the name silly, your trainer ID NO and your secret ID ^^

I have played pokemon since I was 7... I am now 13... I have played ruby, firered, pearl, platinum, soul silver, white, black2, and am now playing x, and I have only seen ONE shiny. It was a goldeen in soul silver, in the cave between Johto and Kanto, I can't remember what it was called. I believe it is passing through the bottom level of Mt. Silver or something? idk. But yeah, ONE shiny. In 6 years. >_> My brother is 17, he has played pokemon since he was like 5, he played pokemon yellow, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, firered, diamond, and a portion of soul silver. He has found around 5 shinys I believe. (AND ONE WAS A SHINY RAYQUAZA HE ACCIDENTALLY KILLED WITH OUR COUSIN WHEN THEY WERE 8 OR 9) And he found a super rare feebas on accident, even though it wasn't shiny, I migrated it to pearl and made it into a milotic. it is like level 70 and is amazing :D I have tried "chaining" in pearl and suck at it.. Only got to around 9. 40+ is where you get a 1/200 chance of finding a shiny. Good grief. I started resetting for a shiny volcarona in black 2 but got to 30 and gave up. Also figured that since it was so strong, it might just sweep my team and end up making me scream in anger because of losing a shiny.
I've been playing Pokemon since I was 5 and I'm now 18 and I haven't encountered not a SINGLE shiny Pokemon. You should be happy! At least you've encountered that goldeen - it's one more than I've ever seen.

So they're still using that new setup for shiny checking... which means some of us will NEVER encounter our own shiny because our trainer name choice screws us out of them. Real nice, Nintendo.

I say 'never' because, for some of us, our chosen name resulted in our actual shiny finding rate being dropped down extremely unfair odds.

Trainer id is the number on your trainer card, not your name. The game determines it for you.

Tried my hand at chain fishing.. it's rather easy to do(provided your inkjay can actually escape xD). Blew my first attempt after a chain of 13.

Tried my hand at chain fishing.. it's rather easy to do(provided your inkjay can actually escape xD). Blew my first attempt after a chain of 13.

Oh, I should have told you something useful...
You can have your Inkay hold a Smoke Ball for a guarantee escape. xD
That's what I do, but I heard that it's ability still takes affect even if it's fainted.

I used an octillery with suction cups instead of inkay. Got up to 64 chain I think it was

I got a shiny Krabby that evolved into a shiny Kingler.

She is not for trade.

Last edited:
Caught a shiny Riolu from a friend's safari at 1 in the morning. -w-'
So I was watching Soul Eater at the time on Cartoon Network so I named it after Professor Stein. :p
005.jpg

im wiling to trade a shiny pichu or a shiny dugtrio for a shiny magikarp PM me if you have one :)

True dat. It irks me to pieces when they say the fishing chain shinies aren't as "valuable" as others. Bah! What's the difference between chain fishing and the pokeradar? One's in the ocean, one's on land. I'm proud of my shiny Clawitzer :3

totally not true IMO.

anyway, is there actually a point to this group coz i got like 15 shinys and im bored. so what do we do here??

Shines are really cool... except when they are like 1 shade darker or lighter. I see they are still more 'rare' than the others, but really? You wouldn't know if a pokemon was shiny or not if the sound was off.

I'm willing to trade my shiny Graveler (evolves to Golem when I trade) for another shiny. We really need a shiny trading section ova here :v

Shines are really cool... except when they are like 1 shade darker or lighter. I see they are still more 'rare' than the others, but really? You wouldn't know if a pokemon was shiny or not if the sound was off.

I'm willing to trade my shiny Graveler (evolves to Golem when I trade) for another shiny. We really need a shiny trading section ova here :v

Don't suppose you would want a shiny luvdisc or forum bells?

Chaining my Ralts... At a 48 chain, It gets broken by... a shiny shinx! i was planning on doing this one after I got Ralts...

WHY DID YOU USE AN ULTRA BALL?!

The colors of Medusa... ewe
Stein is trapped by Medusa.
And when he mega evolves it'll be like the insanity is taking over. I don't know something I thought of. xD
Why? Is it wrong to use a Ultra Ball on him? :c

Back