• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Kain's Art Contest!! - ENDED // WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell yer dad I'm grateful for the feedback lolz I needed it. Once I get a chance to get on my computer, I'll load all the versions I had before I submitted that one. I saved several versions cause I couldn't decide which to go with. Lolz. If he has anything else he wants me to edit it's welcomed to tell me. (Since it is for his use I'd have no issues with being instructed.)

So either tonight or tomorrow I can probably get that out to you guys. Thanks! :3

Awh, ok, sounds good!
He's just real big on green (Irish, reallllyyy into his heritage. His a shamrock tattoo and celtic knot work and such) so the more green, the better xD

Hey guys! My dad wanted to look at the entries so far and wanted me to let you guys know what he thought!!
He thinks you both did amazing jobs and followed the rules given really well and really appreciates that!
He had a couple suggestions, if possible for you guys. You don't have to do them as we both know you worked really hard on it already, but if you can he'd really appreciate it!

Astro, he especially loved the face of the gorilla, the greenness of him and that you included a motorcycle! His suggestion was to maybe take the big mirrors off and maybe make some smaller ones on the edges of the handles. And maybe make him wear motor boots (I think that'd look weird, tbh, but was his request @ .@ )

Lock, my dad really loves the style and says the kilt is perfect. His suggestions were to maybe make the belt less purpley-looking, maybe more of a tan or brown. And if you could make him more green than a blue and yellowish tint. I tried to let him know tha I've seen your art and you usually do kind of a filtered look to the art, but he said to ask if maybe just the blue tints/shadows could be changed to kinda a darker green instead.

Again, not required!! He still thinks their both really awesome either way! And thanks again so much for entering!!

MORE PRIZES AND POSSIBLE WINNERS MAY BE ADDED SOON!!

Sure can do! Im glad he likes it! Hopefully he'll like it even more once ive made all the changes ^_^
LoLockfancy's is too good tho dont know how i cou

@Kain: since Easter is this weekend, there's gunna be a struggle for free time on my end. With that said, I'll prolly resubmit sometime during next week if that's okay. I'll do my best to get this gorilla back to his Irish roots. :cool:

@Astro: you definitely have the advantage because it's clear how comfortable you are in digital and with colors. I'm completely out of my element, which means I'm more liable to butcher things. That motorcycle is beast and I'm jelly of that kilt. @-@

@Kain: since Easter is this weekend, there's gunna be a struggle for free time on my end. With that said, I'll prolly resubmit sometime during next week if that's okay. I'll do my best to get this gorilla back to his Irish roots. :cool:

@Astro: you definitely have the advantage because it's clear how comfortable you are in digital and with colors. I'm completely out of my element, which means I'm more liable to butcher things. That motorcycle is beast and I'm jelly of that kilt. @-@

Yeah! That's alright. Have til the 15th ~ so no rush ^^

That being said, I have an announcement for everyone (will also add to front page)

ANNOUNCEMENT
If we receive at least 2 more solid entries my dad will be having me change 1st place's prize to a Runner-up prize, and have 1st place's prize up to a $50 value (meaning hats, belts and shoes can also be an option!!)
And if we receive 4+ solid entries he'll have me add Honorable mention rewards, so for everyone that entered and he feels followed the rules, will receive a cute little charm bottle ^^
If we get to those points, I'll update the 1st page and give prize examples for the new rankings ~

Last edited:
woooh hopefully you get some more entries soon!

after some revision, here's my entry! let me know if you dad wants anything else changed ^_^ i wasn't quite sure what riding boots were, but boots like these came up when i googled it so there you go haha

n4EbcZz.png

woooh hopefully you get some more entries soon!

after some revision, here's my entry! let me know if you dad wants anything else changed ^_^ i wasn't quite sure what riding boots were, but boots like these came up when i googled it so there you go haha

n4EbcZz.png

Awesome, thanks! :D
I'll show him later today to see what he thinks ^^
And you actually did a great job on the shoes imo! :3

Yay! Did you think I wouldn't get to this eventually? <3
I came back
{Tell your dad I said "hi" and "I'm part Irish" XD}
I'm going to go work on it..right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back