• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Keeping A Notebook While Playing New Leaf?

I've never used a notebook or list thing for any of the last AC games I've played. It always seemed like a bit too much to start one, you know? I plan on having one for New Leaf, mainly to avoid asking myself if I've donated x fish or insect to the museum yet.

Nah. The only marking ill be doing is crossing off songs I've already gotten from K.K. in my Prima guide.

I'll be using the guide for noting what I've already collected and donated etc,, but I'll definitely use a notebook for writing down who likes their coffee this way or that way, what masks the villagers like/don't like for halloween, what they want for christmas... And even what I want to do at a later stage in town when I have enough money/collect enough items.

I won't use a notebook for AC. If I have the prima guide, I can just mark the fishes and bugs which I already have. The rest of the information is in my head.

I will be checking off every item I buy everyday in my guide book along with bugs fish ect... But I am also going to keep small notes like you suggested on when animals tell you about them selves. Thank goodness the 3DS has a note system build it, you just press the home button and jot down a few notes and resume the game. yay!

I will be taking noted this time, for Christmas so you give the right gift, once I start working at the cafe so I can give the right coffee. I will be writing down the style of clothing as well since you need to pass gracie's fashion check four times.
Exactly what I will be doing

Might just be making screenshots for the important stuff. but don't think ill have a notebook ^^;

I will be checking off every item I buy everyday in my guide book along with bugs fish ect... But I am also going to keep small notes like you suggested on when animals tell you about them selves. Thank goodness the 3DS has a note system build it, you just press the home button and jot down a few notes and resume the game. yay!

Ooh, good point! I'll use this when out and about for convenience. Such a good feature that I keep forgetting about...

I'm hoping that the Prima Guide will have a few note pages in and a bug guide etc, then if I'm not home I'll just save notes on the 3ds and then put them into my guide when I'm back :) It all sounds so ideal now but I bet I start forgetting to write things down and then just give in xD

Probably just write a little hybrid guide for myself and cross things off in the guide... That's about it really, nothing to special :p

I'll probably keep a record of visiting plans. Such as villager Birthday invites and villagers wanting to come over my house.

I think I will keep one to write things down with but most likely I will be using my Nexus 7. I use it to quickly look things up and jot down notes for later with school and gaming.

I'm going to use a notebook for writing down what coffee villagers want, the mask they are afraid of for Halloween, what present they want for Christmas and I will put down one of each style clothing you can have (like one formal trousers, shirt, shoes etc.)

I think I will keep one to write things down with but most likely I will be using my Nexus 7. I use it to quickly look things up and jot down notes for later with school and gaming.

Awesome, I too own a Nexus 7 and will be using it!

You know.. I've never really taken notes before on a game. NL seems like that will change for me, hahah. Playing since release, there won't be a whole lot of information just yet. Sure we have the players who have it in Japanese, but with localization and all, it may complicate things a bit. I think notes will be a great way to keep track~ but seeing as the notes on 3ds are limited, I'll use a real notepad or maybe even my phone.

Hmm... a notebook, eh? That's a pretty interesting concept, I must say. Yes, I think I may end up doing this. I can be quite forgetful when it comes to important events and whatnot when playing haha.

On Christmas, I'll be going on game notes every now and then to see what the villagers want, but otherwise, I'll just be taking tons and tons of pictures!

I only took notes on Population Growing because of the diary you could store in your house. After that I didn't take notes for Wild World or City Folk. I think I may take notes on New Leaf though, mainly because of all the new content.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll write down some important stuff. Not like a diary, because that would be hard for me with school, but just some simple things that I think I should remember. :)
But I didn't write down what Tangy told me in one of my old Wild World towns. "...Bigger isn't always better! Unless you're talking about a heart. Those are always better bigger!"..."I just said something SO deep! Quick, write that down!"
Good times...:') I've actually memorized quite a lot of words...I can recognize the sound the characters make when they talk and remember what they say!^^That's what happens when you've listened to you and your sisters play Animal Crossing for 5 years!

I'll try to keep my notes to a minimum, but take lots of screenshots.

OT: I didn't realize before this game that Animalese comes in different dialects. After watching so many Japanese videos, the English ones sound odd. I'm sure I'll get used to it after a couple of days!

Back