• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Leaving quietly can wipe your save data?

If this is true, this is honestly ridiculous. I'm so fed up of walking on eggshells with this game.
This is sadly, real. I searched the JP Twitter and there's a lot of cases (but not to the point it's alarming but still, enough to be "PSA'd".)
I never even considered this so it's probably why I didn't know but I'm quite terrified to enter multisessions now lol.

This is sadly, real. I searched the JP Twitter and there's a lot of cases (but not to the point it's alarming but still, enough to be "PSA'd".)
I never even considered this so it's probably why I didn't know but I'm quite terrified to enter multisessions now lol.
Quite great that they make basically everything acquired by trading but it could potentially:

1. Glitch a plot until who knows when
2. Wipe your entire town.

You pick :ROFLMAO::poop:(y)

I play online a lot with my friends, and the only time we've had our progress rolled back is when
  • Player "Leaves quietly" - which means they disconnected/their internet went out
    • This includes
      • Switch goes to sleep from AFK
      • Joycon is disconnected
  • Player presses "-" and tries to leave, but another player keeps their window open and the timer runs out
I have not had problems with trading with the host pressing "-", or me pressing "-" when there is no one else in the island and the timer does not appear.

If the translation is specific to "someone has quietly left", then that makes sense because the internet disconnection means that the progress is rolled back to the last save (either the last visitor or last person to properly leave). You will know if your progress is rolled back because all players will be teleported to the airport!

Quite great that they make basically everything acquired by trading but it could potentially:

1. Glitch a plot until who knows when
2. Wipe your entire town.

You pick :ROFLMAO::poop:(y)

It's starting to show how little they playtested the multiplayer aspects and only focused on local play. It's just awful.

It's kind of insane how New Leaf had a much better and fluid online experience despite it being a much older game. Honestly so much of this could be avoided if New Horizons could save to a physical copy that can be backed up, much like in NL with a cartridge/SD card. Hopefully Nintendo addresses this in a way that doesn't blame the players, who aren't at fault here.

Oh crap that worries me! I do a ton of hosting for villager crafting/visitors and even though most people leave by the airport, a handful of people still do this. *sigh* just another thing to be paranoid about I guess

now i'm worried about even hosting to let people come in and get villager DIYs....i've been in multiple sessions on someone else's island where the host specifically asked everyone to leave through the airport and someone would still leave through the minus button. it's always messed something up (villager stops crafting or we just get booted off completely) but some people just can't follow a simple instruction.....i love having people on my island so this really sucks.

i think it just resets? earlier frobert as crafting an item and someone did the "-" then he wasnt crafting and we all got sent to the airport. but later on he started to craft the same thing?

This isn't 100% relevant to your post, but I heard timetravelling constantly (like when you're trying to get a villager out) out has a higher chance of corrupting a physical copy's save on a switch lite? I don't know where I read this but it has me kinda worried lol
That's strange. I TT like a brazen maniac and I have yet to encounter those issues. I didn't even get an "I've moved out." glitch or the disappearing lots one.

I think TT errors only applies to TTing backwards when a villager is umboxing or in the process of settling down, causing exterior glitch. I have yet to see it *CORRUPT* a save file. Only multiplayer interactions are proven to cause it.

Let's not spread rumors that would cause panic.

I would take what I said with a grain of salt, since it was just one person reporting it, but I wasn't sure. I've had the exterior glitch happen already and it had me paranoid
Yeah but people are now in a panic and closing down airports because of confirmed multiplayer play damaging files so it's a delicate situation right now and a TBT user also got their save wiped from multiplayer play just recently. (Reason why the thread got bumped in the first place.)

I did went to see and check if the JP community has any answers but Nintendo seem to be absolutely clueless about it.

Try not to TT back to the correct time if a villager recently unpacked. I suggest TTing two days manually before going back.

If you didn't TT and the exterior glitched at current AC build (1.2.0) then that would be an absolute mystery.

I, like many others here, have been feeling pretty fed up with the number of game-breaking glitches that has occurred with this one game. And it's certainly made me hesitant or even dissuaded me from doing some things in-game. I enjoy ACNH a lot, but these glitches have certainly dampened my view of it. I've been thinking of opening up a trade thread, but with this all going on, I'm not even sure if I want to do that many trades now.

Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure when they can look into this bug with the way the pandemic has been impacting Japan.

Okay, thanks for the advice
To reset the exterior, there's no other choice but to kick them out and reinvite them btw but it's a surefire way to solve it so don't worry! The exterior is mainly a visual glitch than game-breaking.

That's strange. I TT like a brazen maniac and I have yet to encounter those issues. I didn't even get an "I've moved out." glitch or the disappearing lots one.

I think TT errors only applies to TTing backwards when a villager is umboxing or in the process of settling down, causing exterior glitch. I have yet to see it *CORRUPT* a save file. Only multiplayer interactions are proven to cause it.

Let's not spread rumors that would cause panic.

That is strange. I still got the exterior glitch on Raymond even I TT to the next day and the day after that to make sure he moved in safely just to make sure he wasn't glitchted. I got him from the campsite.

Also I rarely play mutliplayer so I'm not at too much risk but I was planning on opening my island up to the public once I was done with my island. I feel like Nintendo really needs to redo the whole multiplayer aspect because it's pretty bad imo, or they didn't test it very much. I don't think NL had a lengthy cutscene if I remembered.

That is strange. I still got the exterior glitch on Raymond even I TT to the next day and the day after that to make sure he moved in safely just to make sure he wasn't glitchted. I got him from the campsite.
Thank you for replying! Was this before 1.2.0? or current?

The glitch is most common pre-1.2.0 but I'd like to know.

Also, this is just a visual glitch than game-breaking so its alright! It won't hurt your save. The way to fix it is to kick the villager and reinvite them back (tho, that is you have a trustworthy person to hold him/have a second switch)

Thank you for replying! Was this before 1.2.0? or current?

The glitch is most common pre-1.2.0 but I'd like to know.

Also, this is just a visual glitch than game-breaking so its alright! It won't hurt your save. The way to fix it is to kick the villager and reinvite them back (tho, that is you have a trustworthy person to hold him/have a second switch)

You're welcome! ^-^

Looking back, I got him around April 24 or April 25, which is likely after the 1.2.0 update that was on April 22. I wasn't aware that it was a bug for a while as I thought it was intentional.

Back