• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Look what I've got!

Wow, your town flag is amazing did you use a program to make your kitty? owo

thanks for the pattern maker link, it should help with makin my flag alot

Feels good to brag about it, does it? Your other purpose of making this thread is to make people jealous. Well guess what: It worked. :p

Have fun with the game, lucky you.

Now we weren't given any NDAs about it...
I thought Nintendo ask reviewers and bloggers that if they want to upload videos, it has to be under 10 minutes (got this from The Bit Block's Josh)... unless this only applies to North Americans.

So... did your wife enjoy the game? Is she an Animal Crossing fan? What score did she give it?

Feels good to brag about it, does it? Your other purpose of making this thread is to make people jealous. Well guess what: It worked. :p

Have fun with the game, lucky you.

I thought Nintendo ask reviewers and bloggers that if they want to upload videos, it has to be under 10 minutes (got this from The Bit Block's Josh)... unless this only applies to North Americans.

So... did your wife enjoy the game? Is she an Animal Crossing fan? What score did she give it?

Definitely didn't intend to make people jealous, but I admit that would have been difficult to avoid. We were later given a few NDAs, but more about which part of the game we get up to - I think it's something silly like we can't mention anything past the first Nook shop expansion, or something. We weren't planning to make any videos anyway, so I don't know about the video NDA.

And yes, my wife does enjoy the game, although she's playing it a bit less now than she had been. I always review the Nintendo games for her magazine (although I'm not a journalist, I'm a teacher, so it's part of my job to be able to write well!), and as for the score I gave... well, that part we're not allowed to say for another few weeks. ;)

I've got fibre optic broadband, but that doesn't seem to do anything to speed up downloads when Nintendo's servers are so slow! I guess it took around half an hour to download, maybe?

As for the coelacanths, I can only assume they're a bit more common this time, because yeah, I wasn't having much trouble finding them. What is taking me forever to catch, though, is the char! Seriously, I must have spent a good three hours at least running back and forth to my waterfall pond. Not fun! :(

My gardening shop opened today, my campsite was built, and I started building another bridge. After having the game for a week, it's now my fourth most played 3DS game, behind StretPass Plaza, Colors 3D and Kid Icarus! That does include all the time my wife's been on it too, though.

What is the speed you usually get though if you went onto www.speedtest.net on your computer? The download will definitely take longer that my 12 and half minute prediction though, because the nintendo servers are garbage. I dont even have fibre optic internet either :/ I have basic time warner cable internet, which grabs me about 3 MB/s (speedtest measures in mb/s which is different, so on their website it says 20-30 mb/s). Yeah, its pretty bad. I am guessing im looking at like a 45 minute+ download. Long enough for me to go to sleep and wake up in the morning with animal crossing new leaf :)

Been a while since I last chronicled my New Leaf aventures, so here's a selection of pictures from the past week or so:

HNI_0068_zps1b7aa785.jpg

HNI_0085_zpsb8e5ae56.jpg

HNI_0095_zps2731e186.jpg

HNI_0011_zpsec4affa8.jpg

HNI_0020-1_zps46a9a958.jpg

HNI_0026_zps4e8ee84d.jpg

HNI_0038_zps1e38027e.jpg

HNI_0049_zpsab4f0693.jpg

HNI_0058_zps5a5f4f70.jpg

And finally, a motto we can all live by...
HNI_0056_zpsbcd2eb9d.jpg

Looking good! I'm curious, is it a pain in the butt to upload the pictures? Are you just removing the SD card?

Looking good! I'm curious, is it a pain in the butt to upload the pictures? Are you just removing the SD card?

As long as you have an SD card reader, it's incredibly easy. It takes longer to upload and link to the things!

As long as you have an SD card reader, it's incredibly easy. It takes longer to upload and link to the things!

Good! I was just curious if it was some big debacle. Glad it's easy.

Is there a way to upload straight to Tumblr or Facebook?

There is some app in the Japanese eshop that allows this (or just a website for the browser application on the 3ds itself) that I assume will come to NA/EU/AUS as well, but I haven't seen it yet.

Back