• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Look what I've got!

I have always had a problem with making flags because of my lack of artistic abilities so thanks for the link! :)

Mike could you post more pics of Apple?? Of you talking to her?? I LOVE HER

I'll try to remember to take some more pictures and post them tomorrow. Finally managed to start a community project today, and chose to build a bridge on the western side of town, which desperately needs one. Also set up StreetPass and found out that I'll be able to visit the island from tomorrow, which will mean a whole host of new bugs and fish that I'll be able to catch. It's actually quite daunting how many there are available when you first start the game - I'm a bit of a collectaholic, and have spent ages running up and down the river and sea shore these past few days. It paid off today, though, as it was raining and I managed to snag two coelacanths!

Mike, thanks for keeping us up to date with your gameplay :D
Did that link I gave you come as any help to you? Let me know

I had a look at the link, but I think some of the times were wrong. I found another one that does the trick, though. What I'm looking for now though is a list of all the summer bugs and fish you can get out of season on the island. Just had a very successful fishing session at the beach - I caught 4 coelacanths in about 25 minutes! :D

Some more photos for everyone...
HNI_0098_zps18c23b97.jpg

HNI_0003_zps85dbe639.jpg

HNI_0002_zps9c8ae86f.jpg

HNI_0021-1_zps312fc978.jpg

HNI_0015-1_zpsc767ff90.jpg

HNI_0009_zps1197ff90.jpg

The island's loads of fun, and so many more fish and insects to catch! :D

how fast is your internet connection and how long did it take for it to download because I just want a more realistic idea of how long it will take for it to download, other than set calculations based on average wireless internet tests. Anything can vary to make the download slower... like 3DS not having as good internet speeds as my other devices I did wireless speed tests with ect, ect...

and wow... 4 coelacanths in 25 minutes??? Are they more common than CF or something? I spent 2 hours in July when it was storming on CF just on the beach going back and forth and saw 4-5 huge fish which is the appropriate size for a coelacanth on that game. I caught two of the huge fish and both were blue marlins. I know this is weird but are the coelacanths larger than seabass, like the huge fish on CF or are they just large like on WW? If you don't know the answer to this question its okay I was just wondering :p

Last edited:
Well, if you purchase the game at midnight there won't be much to do considering how late it is. If it does seem as if it'll take longer than you thought, try getting some sleep.

Lol, yeah right.

Wow your flag looks amazing! I'd say an hour well spent, sir. :) It makes me want to do my own flag like that, pixel by pixel if need be xD

That's it, Apple is my new favorite villager :D By the way, with you telling us how many activities there are and what you can do, it's making my hype level rise so far!!! This game is going to be amazing!!! Keep logging your progress!!

how fast is your internet connection and how long did it take for it to download because I just want a more realistic idea of how long it will take for it to download, other than set calculations based on average wireless internet tests. Anything can vary to make the download slower... like 3DS not having as good internet speeds as my other devices I did wireless speed tests with ect, ect...

and wow... 4 coelacanths in 25 minutes??? Are they more common than CF or something? I spent 2 hours in July when it was storming on CF just on the beach going back and forth and saw 4-5 huge fish which is the appropriate size for a coelacanth on that game. I caught two of the huge fish and both were blue marlins. I know this is weird but are the coelacanths larger than seabass, like the huge fish on CF or are they just large like on WW? If you don't know the answer to this question its okay I was just wondering :p

I've got fibre optic broadband, but that doesn't seem to do anything to speed up downloads when Nintendo's servers are so slow! I guess it took around half an hour to download, maybe?

As for the coelacanths, I can only assume they're a bit more common this time, because yeah, I wasn't having much trouble finding them. What is taking me forever to catch, though, is the char! Seriously, I must have spent a good three hours at least running back and forth to my waterfall pond. Not fun! :(

My gardening shop opened today, my campsite was built, and I started building another bridge. After having the game for a week, it's now my fourth most played 3DS game, behind StretPass Plaza, Colors 3D and Kid Icarus! That does include all the time my wife's been on it too, though.

Do you and your wife have your own character? And you are the mayor, right?

Yes that's right - I'm the mayor and she's my citizen. :) Not got very far on the game today - wasted at least another hour and a half trying to find a char near the waterfall. :(

Have any of your animals asked for community projects yet? I'm interested if the Japanese items have made it over. I really want that shrine!

Back