• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Making a themed town?

bilvy

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I had a town name in mind for a while, but recently I thought I could name my town something like Persephone (or a shorter named planet) and make a western/space themed town like from Firefly! It could be cool if there were old wooden benches and loads of rusty items to keep around the town.

Has anyone thought about making a themed town, to try and style everything a specific way and keep everything in character? I'd love to hear any ideas

I'm not making a themed town as much but I am making part of it Japanese-themed. (Zen garden :) )

Oh and I'm making it similar to a meadow. If that's themed in any way? :p
I'm like having some meadows of flowers to walk through, and an orchard with a bush fence.
And bush mazes. Because I can.

I love themed towns, just like the horror town Aika (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). But I won't be making one myself. I mean, there're plenty themed towns you can visit troughout the Dream Mansion & I like my town to be a cozy little town. c:

I love themed towns, just like the horror town Aika (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong). But I won't be making one myself. I mean, there're plenty themed towns you can visit troughout the Dream Mansion & I like my town to be a cozy little town. c:
Same here! I'm going for a traditional cozy little town with parks and benches and fountains.. Basically all of the 'normal' stuff. It'll be a paradise for old retired people. I'm greatly looking forward to visiting all sorts of themed towns though, can't wait to see what people come up with!

First of all, Firefly is one of my favourite shows, so if you made a Firefly-themed town, I'd totally visit!

Anyway, maybe if I ever bought a second cartridge, I would make a themed town, but like others have said, I'm more interested in making a traditional cozy town.

I KNOW IN THIS GAME IM MAKING A PATH!!!
I have never made a path before, Im always too lazy to. ^_^'

I think I probably won't decide on any themed town until I build up a good catalog of stuff to be able to make that happen. I don't plan to do any time traveling except to go back and play days I missed (say for instance I was busy on Saturday and don't play again until Sunday, the next day, I'd go back and play the Saturday day), so having an extensive themed town like that Aika town is going to be completely impossible for me for a long time. But that's fine. :)

I'm not going to make a themed town either. I much rather a normal non-themed town to live in.

I am a fan of I guess "darker" industrial type stuff. Very little color. But I am not sure how well I can pull that off. I don't really like a lot of plants (more of a desert person), but that'd probably affect my perfect village score I think to not have many trees?

I am a fan of I guess "darker" industrial type stuff. Very little color. But I am not sure how well I can pull that off. I don't really like a lot of plants (more of a desert person), but that'd probably affect my perfect village score I think to not have many trees?

If dead delicious fruit trees (the ones with no leaves) still count as trees, you can use those. :)

My NA town will have a garden theme and that's all I'm going to say about it. -has it all planned out-

I don't plan on making any theme to my town. I just plan on keeping decorations I like in there. If I have to put up items certain villagers suggest that I don't like in order to get items that I do like, I'll build them. But they won't stay.

I don't want anything modern like stoplights, fire hydrants, and stuff like that decorating my town. Simple things like decorative light poles and benches are fine though. And I wont have random items like pyramids, that Japanese tower, or other stuff like that in it either. My town will look like a nice, earthy, small town.

(Now if only Copper had that lovely wooden lost and found... le sigh. I'm still picking him though. ♥)

I already know what I plan on doing, but I've only decided on like 12 community projects including bridges and doubles of some that I would even use at this point.

Earthy and Elegant :) Probably lots of flowers, wooden bridges. Definitely don't want anything big and bulky >.<

So I suppose no theme, just simple.

I've never been one to make themed towns in the past games mainly because the pathways looked weird next to grass patches (I like to keep things clean and simple). It seems a lot more fun with the addition of the community projects- I've yet to look at all of them but I'm planning to make a Japanese-inspired town. It'll be tough since we have to take housing furniture into consideration as well, maybe it's just me. lol
My town definitely wouldn't come close to the dedication that went into creating Aika Village;;

I've never made a themed town, but I always admire those that do :D Firefly?? *swoon* I want to visit!

I'm probably going to go for a modern town that mixes with nature. My buildings will be modern, but community projects aren't going to be extravagant. Nothing too obviously industrial in my town.

I want to do a themed village, but I feel like it will get in the way of my gameplay. I think I'll try for a perfect and very nice-looking town this time.

Back