• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Making a themed town?

Patterns prevent Grass deterioration. It does not happen at all underneath the patterns.

Can you guys hear that?

It's the sound of someone crazy covering their entire town with patterns because they're afraid of grass deterioration. :p

Can you guys hear that?

It's the sound of someone crazy covering their entire town with patterns because they're afraid of grass deterioration. :p

Sounds like someone with the same initials as Justin Bieber to me...

Solution: make patterns that look exactly like the grass in your town.

I want a kind of fairytale village, but I still want everything to be classic, no crazy lights/statues in my town. I am going to use paths. Merely because you can use them as a guideline for plants, which I discovered too late in my WW town.

I will be having a very laid back, Central Park type of town. I don't want those Community Projects I've seen like the floating spinning block, the sphinx, the tower, etc etc. I just want a very cozy type of place

I'm really torn on theming my town. I know for a fact that I absolutely love visiting and exploring themed towns, but at the same time I feel like theming it will limit me from putting other kinds of projects in my town. Perhaps making the themed town and saving it on the dream suite and then changing it and never changing the dream suite again?

I'm just hoping that my town can become a prefect town soon so that I can get the golden tool for that asap.
I'm planning to set up sign posts in certain areas so residents don't build house where I want projects to go once I get my copy of New Leaf.
Otherwise.... I don't really have a set theme in mind yet.

I'm going to try to use pattern paths, but I don't know if want a themed down. I do want the Easter Island head and Stonehenge in my town.

I think I'll try for a World Tour or something cute as a theme.
I might not do a theme though.
I might just make whatever I think looks cute or cool!

Now that I think about it, I think most of my town will be natural and garden-y. I want my town to feel like it's a park and that fits in with my desire to have nice amounts of plants and things like that and not having much 'technology' based projects in my town besides the occasional lamp.

And of course another exception is Copper's Lost and Found. My officer will always be Copper. ALWAYS.

I'm going to make my town like a big park. Make a nice pathway connecting my house with the bridges and buildings, make natural seats out of tree stumps, plant lots of trees and flowers and use the wooden and Japanese bridges to make it feel more nature like.

Back