• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Making a themed town?

I also might plan out the town in districts. Peach District, Pear District, etc

That's how I tend to do all my towns. The right trees have to go to their respective areas.

This time, I'm just going to make a fruit district, and a sapling district with a cedar park with benches and lights in the middle. The rest of my town is going to be somewhat themed after a Japanese village, though I'm going to add a couple of my own little touches (I find the clay pipes endearing).

i think i might make a village with a district 12 theme, including Katniss, Peeta, Prim, and Gale. Hmm... I don't know about the whole 'mayor' thing though...

I'm probably going to go for a modern town that mixes with nature. My buildings will be modern, but community projects aren't going to be extravagant. Nothing too obviously industrial in my town.

Same here! I'm going to try and make my town as modern as possible, while keeping a lot of nature with it.

I like making themed rooms and houses (my ww house right now is a hospital) but I'll keep the town itself more neutral as thats harder work to change if you get bored of it. The 2nd floor of the museum will be great for theming rooms too

In Wild World my town was also divided into 4 districts:

-The Rich district- This district had all the stores and some snooty animals
-The park district- This was a forested district with just one house
-The event district- This district had my gate and Town hall, it also had some villagers
-The living district- This is where most of my villagers lived (Well, at least before they all moved to the event district :p )

If i get the right town-layout i might do something similar!

I don't think I'll be going for any particular theme, though I do think it's really neat when other people have themed towns :)
I also don't plan on time traveling, so creating a themed town would probably take a really long time and I might not even like the theme I was going for by the time it's finished xD

That I do not know. But they seemed like they would be like flowers. I don't have the game yet to check, but I'm sure someone who does could answer that!

I'm really torn between the Japanese-themed community projects and the fairytale ones. I also really love history, so I somehow want to incorporate the community projects like the Sphinx, Pyramid, Tokyo Tower, etc. I guess I'll just see when I get the game!

I'm hoping for rural but well taken care of town with lots of open places. Probably no paths.

I won't be having paths in my town either. I've always liked the feel of the town being a wide open walk-anywhere-you-want kind of place. Plus the paths cannot curve and only form right angles.

I cannot do paths that form right angles they just... look so wrong. @_@

I think I do want paths! But really nice-looking ones that actually fit in and give the sense of a path instead of just a pattern layed down. I feel like most people think themed towns are awesome, but rarely actually want to make one for themselves-- so maybe I'll be that person :D Although it will take a looot of time :p

Like something hella nicely made like this: http://questnikki.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-275.html
As for an actual theme, I'm not sure yet </3

I've never done paths before but I'm determined to use them in my town this time. From what I've seen online, the right paths can really make your town so much prettier. Plus, it helps with the friggin' grass deterioration. At least, I assume it will keep it to a minimum with it mostly happening right beneath and around your paths?

At least, I assume it will keep it to a minimum with it mostly happening right beneath and around your paths?

Patterns prevent Grass deterioration. It does not happen at all underneath the patterns.

Back