• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

I'M FREAKING OUT ABOUT LINK MAN

Also, Shy Guy colors wow I hope we get a Black Shy Guy so I can be an Anti-Guy >:)
White Yoshi from Yoshi's Story too pls.

I came here because I just saw it and
Wow the villager's getting round

Dry Bowser too!!!

Wait we're getting DLC Retro tracks? Is that Wario's Gold Mine?

As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

Crap that's reason enough for me to get them. How much will they be altogether? I don't know if I'll buy them but damn

- - - Post Merge - - -

OMG YES PLEASE MORE GPXS. Wonder if there will be more to come and how those DLC tracks will work with online stuff.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I would die
DLC characters... would that be fair?
I don't want DLC characters to be excluded from online, it's where I spend all my time. I'm glad Dry Bowser's back but why is Link racing?? A pleasant surprise but I don't know if I'm going to fork over money.

DLC characters... would that be fair?
I don't want DLC characters to be excluded from online, it's where I spend all my time. I'm glad Dry Bowser's back but why is Link racing?? A pleasant surprise but I don't know if I'm going to fork over money.
I doubt they'll create classes just for DLC characters. There's no character in MK8 with truly unique stats as far as I know, so I assume they would put DLC characters into those classes as well.

Wait there's an Excitebike course.

- - - Post Merge - - -

It says the price is Seven British Pounds. It's on the Nintendo store. it's legit.

Add kirby, meta knight and the warpstar and some kirby stuff to nintendo :D
It just wont be complete without that and pikachu
(Yes i would race as kirby)

For the extra courses, vehicles and characters, I'm pretty sure they will be included in an upcoming mandatory update data after the Mercedes Benz one. They can be accessed if you bought them, but you will definitely see them online whether you did purchase these Add-On Content Packs or not.

BOB IN ANIMAL CROSSING DLC COURSE
h9lhl9E.png

Wow. I'm all hyped up for the Villager, even though its not the one from SSB for 3DS/WiiU. But I have to wait 9 months for that. Can't wait to play as him, on a bike.

And for the new courses, not bad. They should come up with some unique courses instead of themed courses. Retro Tracks are coming back as well, please let some of the courses be these:

SNES Mario Circuit 4
DS Figure-8 Circuit
GBA Cheese Land
3DS Rock Rock Mountain
Wii Toad's Factory
3DS Wario Shipyard
DS Shroom Ridge
3DS Shy Guy Bazaar
GCN Mushroom City
Wii DK Summit
3DS Neo Bowser City
GCN Wario Colosseum