Mint
Nook's Fancy Turnip
Pavé Pink Feather
Ocean Pearl
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Daisy Easter Egg
Pavé Purple Feather
Hello everyone!

There is a news going on that Mario Kart 9 is in development with a new twist, according to IGN. I wonder what the new twist it will have!

I saw someone posted this on a Discord server I was in, and was happy to see that!

What are your thoughts? Do you have any predictions for the upcoming Mario Kart game? What do you think the new twist will have?

Here's an article to check it out:

1641670784812.png

i just hope the twist is something i'll enjoy, lol. i'm not sure what it could be though. we've had two drivers per kart in double dash, and we've had the anti-gravity from MK8/MK8D. maybe something like the track being able to alter itself automatically similarly to the way train tracks can be switched or how grumble volcano's course will fall into lava during the third lap, and you have to pay attention to prepare for the switch and know which track you have to take. that could be fun and add a new challenge. or maybe karts can sprout wings and there are sections (or entire courses) that take place entirely in the air as opposed to just gradually gliding to the ground again.

IM CALLING IT WE WILL HAVE 9 CHARACTERS PER KART NOT 2 OR 1 9. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
In all seriousness I wonder what the twist will be?????????????????????????
if we get 9 characters per kart I'll cry lmao

lowkey not hyped for a new Mario Kart cause tbh I wasn't a fan of MK8. mostly the music, idk that live kinda sound just doesn't really fit with the theme of the series. I always associate Mario Kart with those funny MIDI tracks from 64 and Double Dash. also the roster was a bit oversaturated and they ruined two of my all time favorite tracks, 64 rainbow road and royal raceway.

idk I'm just ranting now lol, hopefully it actually turns out decent!

I just hope it has a bunch of characters and loads of tracks. Mario Kart 8 was pretty decent in that regard, I'm more worried about Nintendo scaling back a la no unlockable characters in the new Mario Party.

I have no idea what the twist could be. I read online about the idea of an Open World twist and I wouldn't be surprised considering the success of BotW and the upcoming new Pokémon spinoff.

Well...

There was been news that the next MK will become more like
Super Smash Bros, where characters from other franchises come along. MK8 Already had Splatoon, Zelda, and Animal Crossing franchises. They could expand on that

With that being said, although that would be nice in a way, I certainly hope something else will be the twist.

Would love to see the fan favourite things/mechanics from past MK games make a return (kinda like how they did the new mario party). A double dash mode for example would be great (maybe not standard but as a mode you can play).

I'd also like to see more characters and ones from previous games making a return!

MK8 is the only Mario Kart I've played, save for a very tiny bit of 64 at a friend's house when I was a kid, so honestly anything new will be exciting to me haha! I will say that I hope they don't do what they did between MK8 and MK8 DX and make all the characters unlocked from the start... I really liked having to unlock the characters!

MK8 is the only Mario Kart I've played, save for a very tiny bit of 64 at a friend's house when I was a kid, so honestly anything new will be exciting to me haha! I will say that I hope they don't do what they did between MK8 and MK8 DX and make all the characters unlocked from the start... I really liked having to unlock the characters!
It was so much more fun unlocking!!!!!!

There was been news that the next MK will become more like
Super Smash Bros, where characters from other franchises come along. MK8 Already had Splatoon, Zelda, and Animal Crossing franchises. They could expand on that
I would pay good money to be able to play as captain falcon in mario kart lol

Would love to see the fan favourite things/mechanics from past MK games make a return (kinda like how they did the new mario party). A double dash mode for example would be great (maybe not standard but as a mode you can play).

I've been wanting double dash to come back, so I second this. It was so much fun!

I'd also like to see more characters and ones from previous games making a return!
I would pay good money to be able to play as captain falcon in mario kart lol

I would love to race around as Zelda or Zero Suit Samus!

I would love for them to bring back the two-player kart mechanic – it was so fun to play in a single kart with a friend! It kind of sounds like it'll be something entirely new, though, so I hope it's something super fun.

If there are characters from other franchises it may as well be Nintendo Kart. I think Villager, Isabelle, and Link look so out of place in Mario Kart 8.

The twist is that all courses are now Baby Park and each time you play the course the song gets faster permanently
Add baby versions for every character as well. Maybe a metallic version of themselves too lol. There are five different Marios you can play as in MK8D so pretty much anything is possible. Maybe that's one of the twists: Every character is Mario!

Well one thing I just hope we get better race tracks because MK8 got boring pretty fast because of the tracks. When I played MK wii, DSI, and 7 the fun lasted longer and I recently returned to all the games. Also hope we get less flat tracks. I don't know what the twist will be but probably story mode will be a thing?

It's a divided crowd, but I'm against adding characters from other franchises. It's supposed to be Mario Kart, but turned into '...and friends'.
If they wanna go that route they should just make a Nintendo Kart, and only offer 1 or 2 Mario characters with the rest of the roster being filled in with different franchise characters.

I want to say I'm excited because 8/8D were the worst especially how they treated retro stages. I can only hope this will be a good thing, they fix handling retro and the bad AI. I mean I'd rather play through any other game than these two cause they could actually respect how the old stages were, I am not fond of the total 8/8D updates and adaption. Plus 8/8D had rather boring new tracks as well, not to mention a mix between baby steps and the awful 200cc.

Back