Market Price Summary of Collectibles [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another question: Do you guys like having the average prices along with the recent sales? or do you guys not even look at that ahahah

I like it! It gives me a better idea what price to sell my collectibles at.

I'm not keen on the average price, I just like using the range thing so I can pick my price more freely, I feel a bit tighter with the price there. Like I'm more pushed to use it.

This is how I view the average prices. Plus, it's kind of confusing (or maybe I'm just dumb lol). Are they the average of the collectible price range listed or the average price sold?

I don't really care too much about them though. Just not really a fan.

*back flips into the sun*

What are you a boy
What boy is called haydenn

And has a profile picture of celeste

Not judging just saying lmao
But TBH what girl has a profile picture of fang

Last edited:
What are you a boy
What boy is called haydenn

And has a profile picture of celeste

It's gender neutral
and uh, I have whatever avatar I like thx!

how many transactions are used for the average aftermarket price? all reported/observed? just the ten most recent?

Last edited:
I don't get your point
I actually was starting to think you were a pretty cool person, I guess the confessions were right :rolleyes:

Last edited:
how many transactions are used for the average aftermarket price? all reported/observed? just the ten most recent?

I add reported and observed to my spreadsheet, if someone reports here, I usually look through their posts/threads so I'm not double counting. (Super stalkerish of me)

For popular collectibles like swirls, popsicles, choco cakes, I have over 15+ recent sales that I take the average from.

For rare collectibles like feathers and letters, I only have 1-5 sales to take averages for since they are not sold/bought often.

This is how I view the average prices. Plus, it's kind of confusing (or maybe I'm just dumb lol). Are they the average of the collectible price range listed or the average price sold?

I don't really care too much about them though. Just not really a fan.

They are the average price sold. Previously, it was only reported as a range such as:

Some Random Collectible - market range - 1K - 3K

This could mean that there was 1 sale of 1,000 bells and 4 sales of 3,000 bells
OR 4 sales of 1,000 bells and 1 sale of 3,000 bells.

So if the average for this collectible was 2.7K, you know that it's selling in more of the higher range than it is the lower range.

Last edited:
I add reported and observed to my spreadsheet, if someone reports here, I usually look through their posts/threads so I'm not double counting. (Super stalkerish of me)

For popular collectibles like swirls, popsicles, choco cakes, I have over 15+ recent sales that I take the average from.

For rare collectibles like feathers and letters, I only have 1-5 sales to take averages for since they are not sold/bought often.

re popular items, is there a hard set used for the averages? such as a specific time period like over the last 2 weeks? or a specific quantity like the last 20 sales?

re popular items, is there a hard set used for the averages? such as a specific time period like over the last 2 weeks? or a specific quantity like the last 20 sales?

For popular ones, I plan to just keep 2 weeks worth of sales but I'm still new to this so I'm going to see and adjust as I go.

and of course if you guys have ideas for this thread, you can always let me know :]

Last edited:

They are the average price sold. Previously, it was only reported as a range such as:

Some Random Collectible - market range - 1K - 3K

This could mean that there was 1 sale of 1,000 bells and 4 sales of 3,000 bells
OR 4 sales of 1,000 bells and 1 sale of 3,000 bells.

So if the average for this collectible was 2.7K, you know that it's selling in more of the higher range than it is the lower range.

Oh! Well in that case that is waaaay more helpful. Never mind, I take back what I said. xD

For popular ones, I plan to just keep 2 weeks worth of sales but I'm still new to this so I'm going to see and adjust as I go.

and of course if you guys have ideas for this thread, you can always let me know :]

i havent been trading collectibles long enough to know what's best; maybe others can speak to how long price ranges "hold" for popular collectibles. my impression is there's some degree of perpetuation based solely on the prices being reported, that influences the market. for example, popsicle demand was already fairly high, but supply has gone up, which ordinarily would drop prices; but that hasnt happened. its an interesting dynamic...

i havent been trading collectibles long enough to know what's best; maybe others can speak to how long price ranges "hold" for popular collectibles. my impression is there's some degree of perpetuation based solely on the prices being reported, that influences the market. for example, popsicle demand was already fairly high, but supply has gone up, which ordinarily would drop prices; but that hasnt happened. its an interesting dynamic...
Supply hasn't really gone up? Has it
Demand went down slightly

I find that it's based off of the popularity of the collectible. Some people hoard them so not everyone can get the collectible they want, even if a few more were added into the market. Or the demand is just THAT great!

As well, I find it funny to watch certain collectibles raise in popularity out of nowhere. For example, the Pokeball. I've seen several threads of people wanting a Pokeball, yet a few months back, I hardly saw any. It seems to happen at random but I think that once two or more people go around and try really hard to get a certain collectible, that sparks people's interest.

Last edited:
Supply hasn't really gone up? Has it
Demand went down slightly

I agree from what I see, not too many people are biting at the 3.5K price anymore.

I find that it's based off of the popularity of the collectible. Some people hoard them so not everyone can get the collectible they want, even if a few more were added into the market. Or the demand is just THAT great!

As well, I find it funny to watch certain collectibles raise in popularity out of nowhere. For example, the Pokeball. I've seen several threads of people wanting a Pokeball, yet a few months back, I hardly saw any. It seems to happen at random but I think that once two or more people go around and try really hard to get a certain collectible, that sparks people's interest.

Yepp! also with the yellow letter house, this week alone, there were 3 that have been sold whereas previously you'd see months go by without one being bought.

I think with the holidays approaching, more inactive members will come back which might mean more collectibles?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back