• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

My Unpopular Opinions... Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this. i love how people complain.. it's just words we're not personal. sometimes you just need a more powerful expression than just 'dangit' lol

agreed. I used to swear so much because I thought I was so cool *cringe* but now I think that being reduced to swearing in normal conversation kind of gives the impression that you aren't intelligent enough to think of anything else to say and it's fine in a casual context provided it isn't EVERYTHING you say

unless you're majorly pissed off in which case, cuss words are pretty useful ;)
can't always be the collected, intelligent one I guess.

some people are just too stupid for that ;)

Last edited:
Lol yeah I don't swear that often either but when I do I love how people complain, it's like I don't do on the king's dinner so stfu lol

i guess this might be unpopular

swearing doesnt make you trashy or not classy if you dont do it in a formal environment. also, it's really not that bad unless youre one of those super angry kids who is losing an argument and just start cussing left and right

Aw I'm one of those kids

this. i love how people complain.. it's just words we're not personal. sometimes you just need a more powerful expression than just 'dangit' lol

True, but that's not an excuse to just put cuss words everywhere where it's not nessecarry. FOR EXAMPLE:

REASONABLE EVENT TO CURSE:
*Spills drink all over* Aww, ****!

UNREASONABLE EVENT TO CURSE:
*Casually talking with friends* I ****ing love that ****ing show! It's so ****ing good!

True, but that's not an excuse to just put cuss words everywhere where it's not nessecarry. FOR EXAMPLE:

*Casually talking with friends* I ****ing love that ****ing show! It's so ****ing good!

LOL i say the second one sometimes, but only with the first *** and not all three

I'm not sure how old you are but I noticed that happening in grades 7-8 and I was like you, someone who never swore. So I felt really strange. Now I've been starting to swear due to hangin around my boyfriend. I gotta stop that!
I'd like to learn different words and phrases that sound awesome to replace the swear words. I personally prefer to sound classy.

Well I am going into the 7-8 grades, and this stuff was going on earlier than that, so this is probably gonna be worse.

swearing doesnt make you trashy or not classy if you dont do it in a formal environment. also, it's really not that bad unless youre one of those super angry kids who is losing an argument and just start cussing left and right
Totally agree with this

Last edited:

ERROR 420
Jetix is unable to agree more

- - - Post Merge - - -

All the talks in 6th and 7th grade:"OMG,I ****ING LOVE THAT ****ING GAME!!!!!111111one
And then i told to the virgin (WTF!?)That he fcks himself and he better stop being a fcking ****** of sht
Basically,in the conversation was:10 % talk and 90% swearing

I find it adorable and romantic to take someone's virginity.

I find it adorable and romantic to take someone's virginity.

...what?
I'm not 100% sure i want to know what you're talking about

- - - Post Merge - - -

ERROR 420
Jetix is unable to agree more

- - - Post Merge - - -

All the talks in 6th and 7th grade:"OMG,I ****ING LOVE THAT ****ING GAME!!!!!111111one
And then i told to the virgin (WTF!?)That he fcks himself and he better stop being a fcking ****** of sht
Basically,in the conversation was:10 % talk and 90% swearing

Yes, kids on my bus talked like this a lot.
Although teens and adults do it too, I've heard it.

No need for people to complain as hell either.

I think swearing every other word is over the top, but using swear words in normal conversation is not. It can actually be a very good way of conveying passion.

I think swearing every other word is over the top, but using swear words in normal conversation is not. It can actually be a very good way of conveying passion.

ya, indeed. sometime i do say that ****ing awesome because i really love something.. it's a word of power/force nothing more and nothing insulting unless you are really offended mango.

ya, indeed. sometime i do say that ****ing awesome because i really love something.. it's a word of power/force nothing more and nothing insulting unless you are really offended mango.

i usually use it out of anger lol

It should only be offensive if it's being used as an insult. If I'm calling someone a name that is a swear word. But saying that I'm no more offended by being called a **** than and I am being called stupid or ugly. In fact, the insults which have stuck with me the most are the times when I have been called ugly, stupid, worthless ect. I've long forgotten every time someone has called me a ***** or a ****, or a d*ck.

Last edited:
It should only be offensive if it's being used as an insult. If I'm calling someone a name that is a swear word. But saying that I'm no more offended by being called a **** than and I am being called stupid or ugly. In fact, the insults which have stuck with me the most are the times when I have been called ugly, stupid, worthless ect. I've long forgotten every time someone has called me a ***** or a ****, or a d*ck.

im not bothered if ppl say swear words to me (never rly been insulted tho) bc i dont get offended by words

im not bothered if ppl say swear words to me (never rly been insulted tho) bc i dont get offended by words

That's good, I think a lot of people do get offended when someone is telling them they are horrible, ugly, stupid, I certainly do get upset when someone calls me stupid because I don't want people to think I'm stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back