• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Animals English Names List

Does anyone know if Tina's name is going to stay the same? I really hope it does! It fits her so well!:D

Does anyone know if Tina's name is going to stay the same? I really hope it does! It fits her so well!:D

omg jake, there if there is a villager called Tina i think i will die.
WHICH ONE IS TINA? SHOW ME HER NOW PLEASE <333333333333

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do you keep bricks in your room just in case?

I can see him being named after a desert still. I'm hoping Brulee, but I can see him being called Caramel or Flan.

Takoyaki is not a sweet dish, its quite salty actually. (its octopus balls)

Here's Tina!
tina.jpg

Well there's something I didn't know. I just assumed cause he looks so delectable.
I'm guessing his name isn't going to be 'Salty Octopus Balls' though. xD Could still become Sushi or something.

I got the daruma froggie, Taishi, in my game. His English name is Croque.
I'd post a pic, but I won't be able to until a bit later today.

omg jake, there if there is a villager called Tina i think i will die.
WHICH ONE IS TINA? SHOW ME HER NOW PLEASE <333333333333

- - - Post Merge - - -

While I wouldn't call them sweet, I don't think they are very salty at all. Savory, sure, but not salty really. And some of the toppings can be a bit sweet. (For the record, they are balls of fried dough with a piece of octopus in them. Toppings tend to be dried fish flakes, mayo, and some other stuff)

Anyway, also interested in hearing Patti's name @-@

They could probably get away with saying Takoya is based off a pudding for the english versions of the game. It certainly isn't clear to an english speaking person that it's based off Tokoyaki.....I spent quite a while thinking he was pudding based.

While I wouldn't call them sweet, I don't think they are very salty at all. Savory, sure, but not salty really. And some of the toppings can be a bit sweet. (For the record, they are balls of fried dough with a piece of octopus in them. Toppings tend to be dried fish flakes, mayo, and some other stuff)

Anyway, also interested in hearing Patti's name @-@

Really? When I ate them, i found them quite salty... maybe they added salt to it...

I saw a clear picture of Patti the other day. I think it's actually a strawberry for her horn and not a carrot?

In that case I was thinking she should be called "Cream" (like Strawberries & Cream)

Really? When I ate them, i found them quite salty... maybe they added salt to it...

Yeah. I've had them several times now--including actually in Japan and I can't ever say I found them salty. I actually am not a big fan of salty things and I love takoyaki so that's why I was surprised to see it described like that XD

Dizzard - Yeah, she has a strawberry for a horn, is light pink, and has some white whipped cream along her head. She's really cute :) I was also thinking Cream/Creme or some kind of berry-themed name would work for her. She's my favorite new New Leaf villager so hoping for news soon on her name!

Edit: Ended up asking Sosostris and Patti's name is Merengue. Not sure why they went with whipped egg whites, but oh well XD Her catch phrase is Shortcake though which is cute.

Last edited:
just gonna announce that here and loud....
PATTI'S NAME IS MERENGUE.
more like mernEW

yeah, not a fan of that name...

Arigetti = Gayle
Hyde =
Tatsuro = Drago
Antonio = Olaf
Miyabi = Annalisa
Rachel =
Charmy = Charlise
Kumarosu =
Beard = Beardo
Anessa = Tammy
Nisshi = Barold
Fumitarou =
Nosuke =
Jockey = Jacques
Mascarcas = Lucha
Tetchan = Coach
Norman =
Chas =
Choi = Katt
Cassandra = Broffina
Kurobee = Ken
Hanako =
Doremi = Fauna
Nadia = Deirdre
Natalie = Diana
Jessica = Fuchsia
Nelson = Zell
Peter = Beau
Thomson = Lopez
Bruce = Bruce
Chuck = Erik
Takeru = Bam
Hannah = Cherry
Bee =
Bob = Shep
Kamomi = Molly
Takkun =
Hulk =
Frank = Keaton
Tiffany = Celia
Hajime = Tucker
Tina =
Henry = Henry
Taishi = Croque
Aida =
Yasao = Kidd
Barbara = Pashmina
Sunairu =
No. 4 = Rocket
Hamusuke = Hamlet
Jimmy = Rodney
Graham = Graham
Apple = Apple
Yukimi = Flurry
Shanti = Soleil
Dokurou = Clay
Hamuji = Hamphrey
David = Hippeux
Anthony = Colton
Okapu =
Julie = Julian
Sylvia = Sylvia
Mike = Rooney
Maria = Marcie
Kanroku = Walt
Osmond = Lyman
Canberra = Canberra
Rocky = Eugine
Arthur = Rory
Lionel =
Chyukko = Penelope
Cheese = Chadder
Fuukuko = Greta
Sasuke = Flip
Sherry = Shari
Delhi = Deli
Takoya =
Tokio =
Kane =
Furara = Flora
Shinobi = Blanche
Sparks = Phoebe?
Frappe = Sprinkle/Isis
Bolt = Tex
Leila = Flo
Brittany = Pancetti
Inotchi = Kevin
Agnes = Agnes
Tonfan = Chops
Amamin = Cole
Mirako = Mira
Mimiyi = Bonbon
Patti = Merengue
Osai =
Carlos = Curlos
Tsukase = Timbra
Furyl = Gill
Jupetti = Pietro
Wendy = Frita
Chris = Sheldon
Iris = Hazel
Jun = Marshal
Sally (GC) = Cally
Hyouta =
Marilyn = Claudia
Koyuki = Bianca
Lily = Tiara (NL)
Ricardo = Kyle

Nosuke is now called "Sparro".
And Tiara is now "Skye".

Lily's name is too confusing, with their names, "Tiara" and "Skye".

Oh I actually see what Patti is named after now... i thought Meringue was spelt: Mernage :/
I read her name as Merry-en-gyoo. thats why i said meringEW xD I thought i was being clever and funny at the same time :'(

Back