• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

New Animals English Names List

My old town, Bagel, has Kanroku in it. It should still be on the dream mansion.
Dream Address: 2300-0172-1275

Is Hannah one of the nameless 28? If she is, I really hope she keeps her Japanese name like Canberra and a few others. :c

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! D:< Hannah's English name is Cherry. It was confirmed by the Animal Crossing wiki.

Hannah is Cherry? Oh gosh that's so adorable I'm going to explode!

Also yay I no longer share a name with a pig! :D

Jun is probably my favorite new villager, and I think the name Marshall fits him perfectly! <3

Hey folks! I'm a glad owner of a retail game of Animal Crossing New Leaf since last month and i want to share some english names with you. I must admit, that I'm european - so maybe the u.k. names are not the same like the us names (remember that Crackle/Spork thing) I dont know if u know any of the names, but i post all of them, which i know (dont know the japanese names, i try to describe)

Agnes - black pig
Frita - sheep with many pommes over her body
Isis - blue penguin with a swirl on her head
Chadder - a mice which looks like cheese
Gill - black sheep
Barold - a cub bear, who looks a bit strange
Tiara - light blue wolve

i hope this helps!

Damn, I thought Tiara the Rhino was returning, she was one of the few original snooty characters I liked. I haven't seen the wolf, but I hope she lives up to the name.

Isis is such a cute and fitting name for Frappe. Though I'm not sure which name I like best of the 2. Both are awesome.

Isis? I visited Frappe in a dream town on Saturday, and her name was Sprinkles! Another PAL / US difference perhaps? Which gets me wondering - how many others are there that we don't know about?

Isis? I visited Frappe in a dream town on Saturday, and her name was Sprinkles! Another PAL / US difference perhaps? Which gets me wondering - how many others are there that we don't know about?

OMFG SPRINKLES IS PERFECT

I presumed you had a PAL copy of the game as well seeing as you said you were going MCM? Which would mean Isis and Sprinkles are both UK names. xP Or Frappe's a twin!

Last edited:
Isis is the European version I hope?

Sprinkles is an awful name. :(

That would be strange if they included twins in the game, villagers who look the same but have different names and personalities...

Hey folks! I'm a glad owner of a retail game of Animal Crossing New Leaf since last month and i want to share some english names with you. I must admit, that I'm european - so maybe the u.k. names are not the same like the us names (remember that Crackle/Spork thing) I dont know if u know any of the names, but i post all of them, which i know (dont know the japanese names, i try to describe)

Agnes - black pig
Frita - sheep with many pommes over her body
Isis - blue penguin with a swirl on her head
Chadder - a mice which looks like cheese
Gill - black sheep
Barold - a cub bear, who looks a bit strange
Tiara - light blue wolve

i hope this helps!

Could you post a picture talking to Isis?

Last edited:
Isis is the European version I hope?

Sprinkles is an awful name. :(

That would be strange if they included twins in the game, villagers who look the same but have different names and personalities...

Apparently, unless this is non-english european. (names change for most languages.)

Iunno, twins could be a good concept, unless it means twice the chance of getting a hideous villager. xD
It's practically happened with half the female squirrels. They keep realising they're the wrong twins and exchanging names every itteration. xP

HNI_0019.JPG
Here's a picture of me talking to Sprinkle (sorry, not Sprinkles) in a dream town on my PAL copy of the game. Strangely, her catchphrase was 'frappe', just to make things more confusing!

View attachment 4118
Here's a picture of me talking to Sprinkle (sorry, not Sprinkles) in a dream town on my PAL copy of the game. Strangely, her catchphrase was 'frappe', just to make things more confusing!

Sprinkle is actually so much better than Sprinkles. That s makes all the difference. Though, I prefer Isis. :/ Oh well.
That mayor of the dream town completely butchered her house and made her wear that shirt, UGH!

Back